+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
What is an Ombudsman?

Typically, an Ombudsman is an independent, objective investigator of people's complaints against government and/or private sector organizations. After a fair and thorough review, an Ombudsman decides if the complaint is valid and makes recommendations in order to resolve the problem.The two most common kinds of Ombudsman in Canada are:Legislative (or Classical) Ombudsman who is established by statute and can report findings and recommendations to ministers of the Crown, to the provincial legislature or to ParliamentExecutive Ombudsman who reports to the head of the organization whom they investigate, such as government departments or Crown corporations, universities/colleges or businessesThe Procurement Ombudsman is a legislative ombudsman given his mandate is provided for in the Department of Public Works and Government Services Act.

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
hi. im an august 23rd 2013 applicant. months ago i was certain maybe i'll get my pr before christmas as i really want to visit my family back home for the holidays. now at 13 months processing time for stage 1 im losing hope i can still go home. its hard not knowing where you stand with the CIC. its frustrating and depressing. i pray for this to be over soon. i feel like were all at the mercy of CIC's hands.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
civic said:
I sent it to Mississauga, same address as initial application. I included a cover letter, a copy of AOR and ask them to put it in my file and it appears they did it on same day they received. I will probably request another GCMS to confirm medical received status. There is no harm to order GCMS multiple times to follow up.
What did you wrote on the envelop? something like "additional information to be added to application in process"?

leoundesilva

Jan 11, 2013
filipina311 said:
hi. im an august 23rd 2013 applicant. months ago i was certain maybe i'll get my pr before christmas as i really want to visit my family back home for the holidays. now at 13 months processing time for stage 1 im losing hope i can still go home. its hard not knowing where you stand with the CIC. its frustrating and depressing. i pray for this to be over soon. i feel like were all at the mercy of CIC's hands.
I think, it's time for those that pray(even those that don't) to pray seriously(fast if possible) for Divine Intervention. Some of us are caught between a rock and a hard place, and it doesn't get better each day that passes. Things should not continue this way, this is the time to get God involved!!!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
I think it's very clear that CIC waits till there is a huge backlog in category, then they pause their work in all other categories and just focus to process as much as possible from the backlogged category. that's why they worked on the inland applications for while, then they left it to process the citizenship applications. from February till maybe December they will keep working on those application so the backlogs will be reduced to the half, they already process a percentage but I can't remember exactly.
They are also working in application that was received after July30 and it might be till those application that submitted early this year. so when they will be satisfied about processing some of the citizenship applications backlog, they will return to inland applications.
three or 4 months to process let's say 10 months of inland applications,however they have already process most of them but they did'nt inform those inlanders.
it seems crazy but that's my thought.
I am sure they will process inland application till those were received on 1 May 2014 and those who submitted after will have the same nightmare that July application suffer now.. I am May 2end:).

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Daizey said:
Yeah, that's the scary part...do we risk it with no guarantee? :(
Yeah I don't know it's scary but if there's no movement at all till December i'm not sure. ...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Smsm81 said:
I think it's very clear that CIC waits till there is a huge backlog in category, then they pause their work in all other categories and just focus to process as much as possible from the backlogged category. that's why they worked on the inland applications for while, then they left it to process the citizenship applications. from February till maybe December they will keep working on those application so the backlogs will be reduced to the half, they already process a percentage but I can't remember exactly.
They are also working in application that was received after July30 and it might be till those application that submitted early this year. so when they will be satisfied about processing some of the citizenship applications backlog, they will return to inland applications.
three or 4 months to process let's say 10 months of inland applications,however they have already process most of them but they did'nt inform those inlanders.
I am sure they will process inland application till those were received on 1 May 2014 and those who submitted after will have the same nightmare that July application suffer now.. I am May 2end:).
The only question I have in regards to the bolded part of your statement is this. Why would CiC in Sydney have anything to do with Family Class in Mississauga? Citizenship applications don't go to Mississauga.

lichenoa

Sep 11, 2014
Hi everyone, I have watched this thread for quite a while and finally registered an account. I am a June 2013 applicant, AIP in Febuary (lucky enough just before CIC plays dead). Am waiting for DM now ...

I have just get back my GCMS notes from vegreville (I'm the applicant). I have several questions though:

1. My Meds are done March 2013 and was sent with the application. CIC havn't contact me about getting a new one, and GCMS notes says "Medical: Passed." Does that mean I won't need to worry about re-doing my medicals?

2. It also have a line "Criminality: in progress". However there is no other information about criminality (The "criminality" section under "admisibility" is a "0"). Do you guys see that too, or does it mean the criminality hasn't begun at all? (I sent all the police checks with the application)

3. This is a scary line. At beginning of second page, under "Application Assignment", it says: "due date 2015/06/22". Does that mean there won't be anyone looking at my file until next summer ?!

Thanks so much everyone! The forum has been extremely helpful, both for the information and emotional support. Without you guys I will probably keep calling CIC everyday, get angry with the call centre, smash the phone on the ground and end up spending a lot of money buying new phones to keep calling them.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
lichenoa said:
Hi everyone, I have watched this thread for quite a while and finally registered an account. I am a June 2013 applicant, AIP in Febuary (lucky enough just before CIC plays dead). Am waiting for DM now ...

I have just get back my GCMS notes from vegreville (I'm the applicant). I have several questions though:

1. My Meds are done March 2013 and was sent with the application. CIC havn't contact me about getting a new one, and GCMS notes says "Medical: Passed." Does that mean I won't need to worry about re-doing my medicals?

2. It also have a line "Criminality: in progress". However there is no other information about criminality (The "criminality" section under "admisibility" is a "0"). Do you guys see that too, or does it mean the criminality hasn't begun at all? (I sent all the police checks with the application)

3. This is a scary line. At beginning of second page, under "Application Assignment", it says: "due date 2015/06/22". Does that mean there won't be anyone looking at my file until next summer ?!

Thanks so much everyone! The forum has been extremely helpful, both for the information and emotional support. Without you guys I will probably keep calling CIC everyday, get angry with the call centre, smash the phone on the ground and end up spending a lot of money buying new phones to keep calling them.
To me a due date would imply their own due dates as in that's when they should have finished this particular application.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I don't think so. People have ordered their notes and nothing has been started, that includes me as a july 30th applicant. No progress on my app whatsoever. It wouldn't make sense for them to work and not let us know about it. They simply are not working whatsoever. It has been over 6 weeks that they are stuck on july 30th, its pathetic. I just pray that at some point AIPs and DMs start flying for everyone that is waiting.
Smsm81 said:

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
ortom said:
I don't think so. People have ordered their notes and nothing has been started, that includes me as a july 30th applicant. No progress on my app whatsoever. It wouldn't make sense for them to work and not let us know about it. They simply are not working whatsoever. It has been over 6 weeks that they are stuck on july 30th, its pathetic. I just pray that at some point AIPs and DMs start flying for everyone that is waiting.

Congrats to you and your baby, it will come soon, keep the faith alive, so much to live for

They say good things comes to those who wait ........... yet again not so long

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
ortom said:
Wow, Ortom! Congrats on the baby!!!