Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
civic said:
Yeah that e-newsletter deals with citizenship backlog. As of Aug 1, 2014 they implement new decision making policy for citizenship apps. These officers are posted in Sydney NS and/or local offices where Inland files sit at Mississauga or Vegreville. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the inland delay, I doubt it. But I agree that there must be something behind that July 30, 2013. They probably treat it as a cutoff point for old vs new process. So the Action Day Sept 24 is still a plan for us? Should we have a facebook page that connect us and provide guidance on what we should do on that day?
Sept 24 sounds like a plan! For those who use Twitter we have to think about a topic, not sure who mentioned it but I like the #canadaproud, just a little bit sarcasm :p and cic, ministers are using it too ;D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
3september2013 said:
I really feel for you and I can really understand that you've given up hope. First we had plans to go visit my family this summer because early this year it looked like I would have it all done in May, June....but we had to cancel our plans en now we are planning to go with Christmas too, but yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen either.
I heard that it's easier to come back to Canada if you cross the border by car from the US instead of landing by plane in Canada; does anyone has experience with that? Don't wanna take any risk but these days I really want to visit my family! What a stupid rule it is that we can't travel abroad for a couple of weeks!
It is a stupid rule that inland applicants have to stay in Canada during the processing. However that said, Canada is not stopping you from leaving for a couple of weeks. Just be aware of the risks involved in doing that. Canada is not holding the inland applicants hostage per say. But they do discourage them from leaving Canada temporary even for a couple of weeks.

Considering that you are from a visa exempt country UK, I'm sure you can easily visit your family and come back without any issues. A lot of visa exempt applicants are able to leave and come back without any issues.

Screech339

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
3september2013 said:
I really feel for you and I can really understand that you've given up hope. First we had plans to go visit my family this summer because early this year it looked like I would have it all done in May, June....but we had to cancel our plans en now we are planning to go with Christmas too, but yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen either.
I heard that it's easier to come back to Canada if you cross the border by car from the US instead of landing by plane in Canada; does anyone has experience with that? Don't wanna take any risk but these days I really want to visit my family! What a stupid rule it is that we can't travel abroad for a couple of weeks!
I know our lawyer has told us going by car is usually a lot easier, just because they get a lot less traffic flow at the less populated areas and are a bit more easy going. While I was still on my visitor visa, we drove down to the US to get married, then came back up through Prescott (coming to Ontario from New York) and there was very little traffic and the guards were very laid back and easy going. As a comparison, when I came up to Canada the first time, the border security agents in the Toronto airport looked overworked, overhassled, and very mean. I had some trouble dealing with the agent I was given and it has given me nightmares about going to airports now. If it's feasible for you to do, crossing by land is much easier. The only reason we were attempting to fly, my family is in Georgia, and my husband was afraid that our winter tires would be ruined in the very mild winters of the southeastern US.

I'm wondering though, if I at least get my work permit before then, would that be enough to satisfy them and let me back into the country easier?

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
civic said:
Yeah that e-newsletter deals with citizenship backlog. As of Aug 1, 2014 they implement new decision making policy for citizenship apps. These officers are posted in Sydney NS and/or local offices whereas Inland files sit at Mississauga or Vegreville. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the inland delay, I doubt it. But I agree that there must be something behind that July 30, 2013. They probably treat it as a cutoff point for old vs new process. So the Action Day Sept 24 is still a plan for us? Should we have a facebook page that connect us and provide guidance on what we should do on that day?
Hi civic,

I think it's a good idea to get a facebook page and September 24 sounds good for me.

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
screech339 said:
There is a difference between “berating” Canada without any afterthoughts and giving constructive criticism. I can understand someone going beyond criticism to the point of “berating” the system coming from a person has already gone way over the expected timeline and rightfully so, regardless of inland or outland VO office timelines.

But in your case, you are just 5 months into the process and when you submitted the inland application, the 1st stage AIP was probably around 10-11 months at the time. You have started criticizing the system as soon as you submitted your inland application. Leave those who have already waited beyond their timelines do the berating. Who knows, perhaps the timeline will drop considerable in the future that your wife lands within the expected timeline. In the meantime, show support to those who really deserved to be landed already but still waiting. When you reached your expected stages of timeline with little or no progress, we including myself will be there to support your “berating” of the system.

The point is, someone who have already waited months on end, passed the expected timeline to land has a lot more seniority in voicing their displeasure (rightfully so) with the system over someone who just submitted their application the day before.

Screech339
So when did you become a moderator for this forum?

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Daizey said:
I think the biggest frustration I have right now (sadly I think I've given up on hoping for a work permit anytime soon), is I don't even know if I'll be able to land at this rate before Christmas. Ever since we started the application, my dream was to visit my family back home for the holidays this year, as it's always a big deal with my family. On top of that, my best friend is getting married on December 13th, and she wants me to be in the bridal party, but how am I supposed to say for sure I can make it when I have no idea if we'll even land before the year is over? Even a couple of months ago, I was SURE that this whole thing would be over way before December. Now I'm not so sure, and it's killing me. We want to buy plane tickets, but if I'm not allowed to leave the country, we'll be out another $1000. All of this has added on top of the frustration of not being able to work and the amount of debt we're going even further into. I think I've just given up hope at this point. They've broken me. :(
hey Daizey
don't give up!!! you have always been positive and given nice advice to others how to go positively through this painful process. don't let the stupid administration have the power to bend you!!! i am totally with you, we always think it could be tomorrow the great day with news. Please hang in there and keep your smile.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scarlett_R said:
Hi civic,

I think it's a good idea to get a facebook page and September 24 sounds good for me.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/
Let's get started with this. People are free to join and add comments, ideas. There is no admin or moderator. It is an open forum for those who are affected and interested in joining for action plans from now until changes are made.

Plans for what we should do, who to email/tweet on Sept 24 will be shared.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
fugaziosbourne said:
So when did you become a moderator for this forum?
What's that got to do with me voicing my opinion?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
frenchwapiti said:
hey Daizey
don't give up!!! you have always been positive and given nice advice to others how to go positively through this painful process. don't let the stupid administration have the power to bend you!!! i am totally with you, we always think it could be tomorrow the great day with news. Please hang in there and keep your smile.
Thanks frenchwapiti! :) Your kind words have given me a bit of hope back, I needed some positive reinforcement! Let us both keep our spirits up until we get the long awaited news!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Daizey said:
Thanks frenchwapiti! :) Your kind words have given me a bit of hope back, I needed some positive reinforcement! Let us both keep our spirits up until we get the long awaited news!
that is my Daizey!!! :)
there must come some progress soon! I really want to believe this, and you will be just a few days before me with happy smile and good news!

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
screech339 said:
What's that got to do with me voicing my opinion?
You're welcome to your opinion, but who decided it's okay for you tell other forum members what they should post on here?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fugaziosbourne said:
You're welcome to your opinion, but who decided it's okay for you tell other forum members what they should post on here?
But...you just said that screech was welcome to his opinion. Doesn't that, in and of itself, constitute voicing that opinion, which you have deemed to be him telling other members what THEY should (or should not) post here?

I see it for what it is...voicing his opinion.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
fugaziosbourne said:
I am only merely pointing out that I think those who have already passed their expected timeline deserves more pressing support than those who just submitted their application. Don't you agree?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/
Let's get started with this. People are free to join and add comments, ideas. There is no admin or moderator. It is an open forum for those who are affected and interested in joining for action plans from now until changes are made.

Plans for what we should do, who to email/tweet on Sept 24 will be shared.
Good luck with your facebook page. Hope it gets noticed and get the process moving.

Screech339

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
screech339 said:
I am only merely pointing out that I think those who have already passed their expected timeline deserves more pressing support than those who just submitted their application. Don't you agree?
I'm 3-4 months over the timeline at this point and I'm fine with him being angry about this process being broken and taking forever. He'll be in the same boat the rest of us are in soon enough.