Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
frenchwapiti said:
Hello waiting buddies,
I have sent my meds upfront with my application in last August. however it is already more than a year that I have done these exams. i have read here that they epire after a year, so should I go now and redo the meds in order not to waist more time or should I wait until it will be requested? Also how can I know from the list of medecins if they are doing the electronic or not?

thank you for your input on this question
Hi frenchwapiti,

My meds were done in October 2012 and I had received AIP in November 2013 and DM in April 2014 without having to redo the meds. I suspect that they only make you redo them if there were any health issues to begin with that would need further screening. You should be fine as long as they don't specifically request you to redo them.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't believe we have no AIP issued this week from CPC-M. It's crazy they didn't speed up the process yet.
Time frame is 11 months today, despite what the website says, that's the same time frame when we were facing Strike.
It gets everyone frustrated, especially because they don't address the reason files are being processed so slowly.

I don't think files should have been transferred to CPC-M in the first place, it looks like a trick to buy them time. Now we are double the regular time (6 months) the process used to be. And I don't see any thing we can do here, if they keep processing 1 file every 2 weeks .

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaida said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bc-inlanders-thread-t184207.0.html#new
you might find here lots of info u need:) seems like ppl need to fight for it tho :) bureaucratism....
Thank You, I might just try with AOR, and see hoe it goes.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Brazilian Canadian said:
I can't believe we have no AIP issued this week from CPC-M. It's crazy they didn't speed up the process yet.
Time frame is 11 months today, despite what the website says, that's the same time frame when we were facing Strike.
It gets everyone frustrated, especially because they don't address the reason files are being processed so slowly.

I don't think files should have been transferred to CPC-M in the first place, it looks like a trick to buy them time. Now we are double the regular time (6 months) the process used to be. And I don't see any thing we can do here, if they keep processing 1 file every 2 weeks .
I understand your frustrations and trust me I feel the same way. It's ridiculous how they can stop working as they please. (Shortage of staff whatever the reason) I can't wait to be done with this office :mad:

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Ponga said:
Congratulations!

You can travel by private car across the border with your CoPR, right? Maybe a quick trip to the U S of `Eh' would be good!

Thanks buddy!!

It will be really nice to have a quick trip to US, but it said in the CoPR that it is not valid for travel.. So i'm just gonna wait and get busy in the meantime. Hehe

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pritha said:
Thanks buddy!!

It will be really nice to have a quick trip to US, but it said in the CoPR that it is not valid for travel.. So i'm just gonna wait and get busy in the meantime. Hehe
This may help :)

If you return in a private vehicle, like your own car

If you return to Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, you do not need a permanent resident card. You can use your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) instead.

You would have been given these documents:

If you applied from overseas: at the same time as your visa
If you applied from within Canada: when you landed at your local visa office
An officer will ask you questions to make sure you meet all of the residency requirements before they allow you to come back to Canada.

When you return to Canada, apply for a PR card if you plan to travel outside Canada again.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
bruneian said:
congrats Pritha!!
Thanks man! I hope you'll get your DM soon!!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Just got off the phone with a CIC agent.

I told him my common-law partner's situation... and then asked him "do you know when things will start to speed up? in the last 3 or 4 months it seems like there has only been 4 or 5 days of progress..the move to Mississauga was supposed to speed things up but if anything it seems to have slowed down" - I said this in a very nice and respectful tone...i even chuckled in a friendly way haha

This is what he said:

"All i can tell you in regards to the processing times is whats posted on the website... if you are asking me will things speed up... i have no comment. please keep checking the website, it updates once a week. Did your common-law partner apply for an OWP when she applied for PR? "

i said: "yes she applied for the OWP at the same time that she applied for PR"

he replied: "when does her post-graduate work permit expire?"

i said: "November 30th 2014"

He said: "well, if you dont receive AIP before November 30th 2014 she will still be able to work at her current employment since she will have 'implied status'. Its good that she applied for the OWP."

I said: "do you think that we wont get AIP before November 30th!?, that would be 15 months for first stage aip !!!"

he said "sir i dont know, anything is possible...but it doesnt matter because she will have implied status"

I said "yes it does matter" then i hung up in frustration.

Feeling upset at the moment.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
chakrab said:
This may help :)

If you return in a private vehicle, like your own car

If you return to Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, you do not need a permanent resident card. You can use your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) instead.

You would have been given these documents:

If you applied from overseas: at the same time as your visa
If you applied from within Canada: when you landed at your local visa office
An officer will ask you questions to make sure you meet all of the residency requirements before they allow you to come back to Canada.

When you return to Canada, apply for a PR card if you plan to travel outside Canada again.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10
Oh wow! Thx so much for the info.. I'll take a look at it..

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
DRUM ROLL PLEASE HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY;D ;D :D ;D at 1:29 today guys I final received DM from CPC-V am so so happy guys one step close to becoming a permanent resident.guri plz update the spreadsheet.Says that the local office in Etobicoke will contact me for my interview.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
bankerguy said:
Just got off the phone with a CIC agent.

I told him my common-law partner's situation... and then asked him "do you know when things will start to speed up? in the last 3 or 4 months it seems like there has only been 4 or 5 days of progress..the move to Mississauga was supposed to speed things up but if anything it seems to have slowed down" - I said this in a very nice and respectful tone...i even chuckled in a friendly way haha

This is what he said:

"All i can tell you in regards to the processing times is whats posted on the website... if you are asking me will things speed up... i have no comment. please keep checking the website, it updates once a week. Did your common-law partner apply for an OWP when she applied for PR? "

i said: "yes she applied for the OWP at the same time that she applied for PR"

he replied: "when does her post-graduate work permit expire?"

i said: "November 30th 2014"

He said: "well, if you dont receive AIP before November 30th 2014 she will still be able to work at her current employment since she will have 'implied status'. Its good that she applied for the OWP."

I said: "do you think that we wont get AIP before November 30th!?, that would be 15 months for first stage aip !!!"

he said "sir i dont know, anything is possible...but it doesnt matter because she will have implied status"

I said "yes it does matter" then i hung up in frustration.

Feeling upset at the moment.
Oh wow! Thats harsh... I know its devastating to wait for something but you can't see what's really going on to make that thing comes to you.. But from my experience, anything come a lot more faster when you less expecting.. You might raise a red flag to them..Thats include insulting an officer to hung up the phone like that.

Please be patience.. The officer are also a human whom has feelings and has maximum capacity to do millions of applications.. Keep yourself and your partner busy..

Sending courage and supports for you from me..

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
pritha said:
Oh wow! Thats harsh... I know its devastating to wait for something but you can't see what's really going on to make that thing comes to you.. But from my experience, anything come a lot more faster when you less expecting.. You might raise a red flag to them..Thats include insulting an officer to hung up the phone like that.

Please be patience.. The officer are also a human whom has feelings and has maximum capacity to do millions of applications.. Keep yourself and your partner busy..

Sending courage and supports for you from me..
I never gave my name, her name or our cic numbers or whatever.. so no red flags could be raised haha

thanks for your support....

I'm so jealous of all the people on here who have DM and are pissed because the landing interview is a 6 month wait...
They complain...and i know that the long wait is effing up their life in some way or another... BUT.. at least they have DM..... they are PR... they can work ..the big hurdle is done.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pritha said:
Thanks buddy!!

It's not valid for commercial travel, but many many people have had no problem driving across the land border in a private vehicle. You ARE officially a PR of Canada...you just don't have the PR Card to travel by air, sea, train or bus out of the country. The travel restrictions for traveling internationally are typically restriction placed by the carrier (such as an airline) and are not imposed by CBSA and/or CIC.

...as far as I know anyway.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
I never gave my name, her name or our cic numbers or whatever.. so no red flags could be raised haha

thanks for your support....

I'm so jealous of all the people on here who have DM and are pissed because the landing interview is a 6 month wait...
They complain...and i know that the long wait is effing up their life in some way or another... BUT.. at least they have DM..... they are PR... they can work ..the big hurdle is done.
Let's try to find out who is the manager at CPP-M that is responsible for this whole mess and protest! We are totally ignored in this country. No helps from CIC. No helps from our MPs. Only some media coverage that has little impact.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
civic said:
Let's try to find out who is the manager at CPP-M that is responsible for this whole mess and protest! We are totally ignored in this country. No helps from CIC. No helps from our MPs. Only some media coverage that has little impact.
I applied in September... they're working on July right now..so really there are like only 2.5 months of applications a head of mine.

You and your partner applied just 2 months ago... it pains me to think of all the applications in front of you. I feel for you!!

It would be nice to hear some sort of update from the manager as to why things are progressing so slowly..