March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Canuck*soon said:
Thank you so much Danib and God Be With Us! Congratulations Crester!
We are beyond thrilled to be at the last leg of this journey! We began this process by retaining a representative and submitting our original application in November 2011. Our application was returned to us for more information and we lost over a year trying to fulfill that request. Our application was finally resubmitted in March 2013 and learned that our application went to the bottom.
God Bless Us All. Hang in there even if it's taking a very long time!
Congratulations, indeed.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Here's a stupid question..

Do they process OWP at the same time and same place that they do AIP ?

My common-law partner is currently on a post grad work visa that expires in November this year, we applied in Sept/Oct last year and when we applied, we also sent a OWP application in the same package.

I'm curious now, do the OWP's get processed by the same person who makes the AIP decision?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
Here's a stupid question..

Do they process OWP at the same time and same place that they do AIP ?

My common-law partner is currently on a post grad work visa that expires in November this year, we applied in Sept/Oct last year and when we applied, we also sent a OWP application in the same package.

I'm curious now, do the OWP's get processed by the same person who makes the AIP decision?
If memory serves me correctly, OWP applications are processed in a separate building from where the Inland Spousal Sponsorship applications were processed in Vegreville, so it's unlikely to be handled by the same person.

Would it matter though, since once a person has AIP, they are deemed eligible for an OWP.

hotsjf

Oct 4, 2013
Sorry if this question is asked before, but I didn't find any answers by going back pages of this thread

Why CIC stopped processing the files again? I see the last AIP was sent out in Feb. ?

There is a strike again?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
hotsjf said:
Sorry if this question is asked before, but I didn't find any answers by going back pages of this thread

Why CIC stopped processing the files again? I see the last AIP was sent out in Feb. ?

There is a strike again?
There was a transfer of backed up files from CPC Vegreville in Alberta to CPC Mississauga in Ontario. They're still getting things worked out from the strike that happened quite a while ago. Remember that just because people here are not getting any news does not mean that people are not hearing at all. The people here represent a very very small percentage of those that applied.

hotsjf

Oct 4, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
There was a transfer of backed up files from CPC Vegreville in Alberta to CPC Mississauga in Ontario. They're still getting things worked out from the strike that happened quite a while ago. Remember that just because people here are not getting any news does not mean that people are not hearing at all. The people here represent a very very small percentage of those that applied.
Thanks for clearing that up for me

My file was submitted last April, and was transferred to etobicoke a few months ago, and I guess they are sorting things out too...

best luck to all

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Goodnight all I called cic to find out if I would have to redo my Metz before I land the agent said he doesn't know I would have to wait until June 15 to know if they would accommodate me or if I have to redo them :'(
But he did say they're in the process of scheduling an appointment which contradicts his first statement sigh guess we all have to just wait

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
hotsjf said:

My file was submitted last April, and was transferred to etobicoke a few months ago, and I guess they are sorting things out too...

best luck to all
Have you called CIC to ask about this? Did you receive confirmation that they received your application? My husband and I submitted our application April 1, 2013 and landed March 12, 2014...

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
hotsjf said:

best luck to all
Did you get DM first? If not, and especially if you don't have AIP then you could be outside of the regular stream and the timeline listed online would not apply to you anymore.

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Hi all,
CIC was updated, and waiting time for PR Card went up to 68 days!
Has anyone who landed in February received their card yet ?? :-[ :-[
guri? nrajani? anyone? :'(

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Rita27 said:
Hi all,
CIC was updated, and waiting time for PR Card went up to 68 days!
Has anyone who landed in February received their card yet ?? :-[ :-[
guri? nrajani? anyone? :'(
Hi Rita,

No we are waitng as well.. this is just crazy.. it was 61 days .. and changed it to 68 days.. My hubby left .. and I need to take the PR card with me going there.. in about a month.. I just hope we get it by then.. every day I check the mail hoping it will come.. and when we call everyone tells a different story..

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
nrajani_99 said:
Hi Rita,

No we are waitng as well.. this is just crazy.. it was 61 days .. and changed it to 68 days.. My hubby left .. and I need to take the PR card with me going there.. in about a month.. I just hope we get it by then.. every day I check the mail hoping it will come.. and when we call everyone tells a different story..
me too, I am checking the mail every single day.
Your husband is lucky that you are staying behind to get his card..
I have a flight for the 15th already, I just hope I will have it by then !! :'(

hotsjf

Oct 4, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Have you called CIC to ask about this? Did you receive confirmation that they received your application? My husband and I submitted our application April 1, 2013 and landed March 12, 2014...
Yeah, I called, our files are transferred to Etobicoke, and that's all we get from CIC.

I guess there will be interviews for us, but I don't know what they are suspecting, we just had our baby this Feb.

hotsjf

Oct 4, 2013
AchankengCrawford said:
Did you get DM first? If not, and especially if you don't have AIP then you could be outside of the regular stream and the timeline listed online would not apply to you anymore.
No DM or AIP, still in stage 1. I guess we are out of the streamline, some say Etobicoke is a black hole, all we can do is wait in the hole..... :(

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
hotsjf said:
No DM or AIP, still in stage 1. I guess we are out of the streamline, some say Etobicoke is a black hole, all we can do is wait in the hole..... :(
Unfortunately it looks like something in your application raised a red-flag for the immigration officer. I think they refer to it as a non-straightforward application or something like that in CIC language. You could have an interview - other people in this forum have said that they were put into separate rooms for and interviewed for about an hour each. But, I think as long as your relationship is true, you'll be able to prove that in the interview. Good luck and let us know if you hear anything more!