13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I guess we are not getting any more AIP / DM or AIP+DM's at the moment because they are in the process of transferring inland applicants from Vegriville to Mississauga.

I applied in Sept 2013 and got the letter that my file was being transferred in the first few days of march this year.

I'm curious...where did it leave off?
Has July 2013 applicants received AIP/DM Etc??

or were they on June?? anyone know?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bankerguy said:
Hi Everyone,

I guess we are not getting any more AIP / DM or AIP+DM's at the moment because they are in the process of transferring inland applicants from Vegriville to Mississauga.

I applied in Sept 2013 and got the letter that my file was being transferred in the first few days of march this year.

I'm curious...where did it leave off?
Has July 2013 applicants received AIP/DM Etc??

or were they on June?? anyone know?
woodyc got his AIP Feb.17 from Mississauga. He's a July application. He got the letter stating that they had transferred their about the same time everybody else did.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
That's good news...it means that they were ACTUALLY in the process of reviewing AIP for applicants in early August?? The website says its working on apps rec'd June 25th... Website is always behind..

Lets hope that the current 'freeze' relating to the transfer from Vegreville to Mississauga isn't going to take too long.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Spikey92 said:
Congratz Mrs. Canuck!

I as well landed today ! Our appointment was at 2:30, we got there at about 1:45. Nobody was there and we were a little confused because there was no reception. So we checked the rest of the building to see if we were missing something. We didnt so we walked back to the original room. A couple just left, they looked really happy so we asked them if thats where were supposed to go. They said you just sit down and wait until they call your name, so thats what we did.
The CIC officer was very friendly. Only asked for my passport,pictures and my partners picture ID,asked a few question and thats it :)
I thought the conditional PR is for 3 years though? But she said I have to keep cohabitating with my partner for the next 2 years?
She also said the citizenship rules will very likely change. Up to now its you have to live in Canada for 3/last5 years and the days before you became PR count as half a day. Now they want to change it into you have to live in CAN for 5 of the last 6 years, and days before your PR status was stated will NO longer count.(not even as half a day)
Yes! I couldn't remember if it was two years or three, I was just so friggin happy. :) But yes, it was 3 years. Was your officer a younger woman with short dark hair? Yes, she told us that citizenship rules were changing and that when the time came for us to apply for citizenship, the new rules would have already been in effect so she couldn't council us on it. It's this odd looking room, I was hoping to get online and leave a message for you about it so that you wouldn't be confused when you got there, but I had to go to work and didn't have a chance. Did she mention getting a permanent SIN number to you? We had a problem as my husband's temporary SIN expired and so he went to the Service Canada in the Halifax Shopping Center and they told him that he needed to wait for his PR card. Which is now ridiculous as we have to file taxes very soon... there's no way we can wait for his PR card to get a permanent SIN. Was just wondering what she said to you about it?

Congrats to you and your other half, Spikey! :)

Such a great day! Thank you for the congrats everyone!

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
I applied through for my PR back in March last year. Received my AIP, Medical Request and work permit extension this week. I did my eMedical yesterday, so hopefully I'm just waiting for my Landing Interview? On my work permit it says 'THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY'. Does this mean I still can't leave the country? I was hoping to go back to the UK.

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Linden said:
woodyc got his AIP Feb.17 from Mississauga. He's a July application. He got the letter stating that they had transferred their about the same time everybody else did.
I wouldn't see woodyc's AIP as a benchmark of CPC-M progress or working. It was the only AIP from CPC-M out of all the applicants that got transferred there. So it could've been for variety of reasons that woodyc got the AIP before everyone. But I would assume that they haven't started working on the transferred applications yet. (Maybe they're currently in process of reviewing the first batch). Also whenever I've called CIC Call Centre, they mention the dates of the transfer they see on file. Which seem to be before 3rd march that the recent letters mention. My file was dispatched by CPC-V late January and received by CPC-M early February, that's the info I've been told everytime and I'm pretty sure it's correct. CPC-M probably has had our files since starting of February. It's just that Vegreville issued the transfer letters on March 3rd. So it's almost been month and a half since CPC-M has been sitting on our files.

I've read and heard it's normal for CPC's to review files for about a month before they issue AIPs. So I would like to think and wish they're probably in process of reviewing the first batch. *fingers crossed*

Windsor12

Nov 23, 2013
Woohoo!!!!!!! :)

My wife got her DM email today! It's party time!
We expect that landing interview will be in the next 3-4 weeks; this is an educated guess based on the spreadsheet although limited data is available on Windsor office.
Good luck to everybody!

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
Windsor12 said:

We expect that landing interview will be in the next 3-4 weeks; this is an educated guess based on the spreadsheet although limited data is available on Windsor office.
Good luck to everybody!
Congratulations Windsor12!! I know it's such a awesome feeling!! Enjoy the celebration with your partner!! ;)

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
Windsor12 said:

Good luck to everybody!
Great news!!! Congrats Windsor12 & celebrate good times!!
Looking forward this feeling as well! Very happy for you!

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Thank you so much everyone! I cannot stress how much this forum has helped me and in turn, my husband, find our way through this arduous process and keep our sanity intact on the other side. This has been such a happy day for us - I want to cry and cheer at the same time. I will be staying on here to help with any questions and pay it forward to everyone here the only way I feel is appropriate - with advice and kind words when you need them the most. This place has been both a sanctuary and a place of knowledge - you are all like family to my husband and I even if we have never met in person.

The landing appointment itself was great. Our appointment was for 10 AM but we arrived early hoping to squeak in if someone cancelled their appointment. When we arrived there at 8:30, the waiting room was full and there was a line out the door - So I was pretty nervous that they were going to call on my husband and we wouldn't hear it. About half an hour later, a woman came in and asked if there were people taking the citizenship test and most everyone left except for us and another couple. We waited in the waiting room for about 45 minutes - there was no reception desk, just a small room with glass walls and two doors in a little alcove at the other end of the room. A woman came out of one of the doors, called on a woman that didn't show up, left, came back, called the other couple and then came back for us at about 9:15.

We got in early because she said her 9:30 cancelled on her. She was very friendly, chatted a bit and asked for the landing letter. We were over-prepared, well, I was over-prepared. My husband didn't want to bring extra documents in case they asked, but I made sure we brought with us the required paperwork (hubby's passport, pictures, work visas/study permits/visitor visas, my passport) and proof of relationship (marriage cert, proof of common residency, insurance documents) as well as the online receipt for the fee payments. All she asked for were the required documents as per the letter, she didn't even ask to see the receipt for the fees. She looked at the passports, and casually asked where we had met (not sure if this is a question she had to ask or if she was just curious) Then she asked the four magic questions and specified that they were yes or no answer questions for my husband:

1. Have you committed any crimes while you have been in Canada? No
2. Have you ever been asked to leave Canada? No
3. Have you ever been denied entry into Canada? No
4. Do you have any dependents within out outside of Canada that you have not declared in your application? No

She typed a few things in on the computer behind the desk (which we couldn't see) and then said she'd be back. She came back with papers and asked my husband to initial beside each answer and then sign on the bottom. She took the papers back and then turned to me with the most important question.

"Do you want to keep him for another two years?"

We chuckled a bit back (the officer and I) and then I answered: "Of course."

She went over the conditions of the PR status with my husband and I, stamped his passport and then congratulated my husband on becoming a permanent resident of Canada. We were in and out before 9:30. My husband had booked off time today until noon so he even had time to run over to Service Canada and get his permanent SIN. :)

This is the most amazing feeling! It's so surreal to finally be done everything with a few weeks to go until the year anniversary of sending off our application.
Thank you so much Mrs_Canuck for this report with every little details!!
Now I can prepare myself well having a simulation for that!! ;)

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
Canuck*soon said:
Congratulations again Sandra on the wonderful news of your landing this weekend. Thank you for sharing your journey here and your post above. It is very easy to get discouraged, but thank you to those that are on here including yourself, that have helped others make sense out of this long process along the way.
I'm an April applicant. Our timelines are pretty similar, and your progress has helped me to stay positive.
Best of luck this weekend and congratulations!
Thank you Canuck* soon!!
You are right, it's very easy to get discouraged and there's really nothing we can do, like no way to force the application more powerful to be processed quicker.
I just wanted to make my waiting time comfortable to encourage myself up, maybe like a period of pregnancy to meet wonderful outcome :) Never be pregnant though..
CPC-V is surely working on the files to give away good news. I hope you keep on staying positive, hopefully enjoy this once-a-lifetime event having a good time with spring sunshine!!
My fingers crossed for you hear from them very soon!! ;)

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Mrs_Canuck said:
Yes! I couldn't remember if it was two years or three, I was just so friggin happy. :) But yes, it was 3 years. Was your officer a younger woman with short dark hair? Yes, she told us that citizenship rules were changing and that when the time came for us to apply for citizenship, the new rules would have already been in effect so she couldn't council us on it. It's this odd looking room, I was hoping to get online and leave a message for you about it so that you wouldn't be confused when you got there, but I had to go to work and didn't have a chance. Did she mention getting a permanent SIN number to you? We had a problem as my husband's temporary SIN expired and so he went to the Service Canada in the Halifax Shopping Center and they told him that he needed to wait for his PR card. Which is now ridiculous as we have to file taxes very soon... there's no way we can wait for his PR card to get a permanent SIN. Was just wondering what she said to you about it?

Congrats to you and your other half, Spikey! :)

Such a great day! Thank you for the congrats everyone!
Congregates :D
Your hubby can send his tax return even if he didnt have SIN or using his out of dated card :)

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
seanbeck1 said:
I applied through for my PR back in March last year. Received my AIP, Medical Request and work permit extension this week. I did my eMedical yesterday, so hopefully I'm just waiting for my Landing Interview? On my work permit it says 'THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY'. Does this mean I still can't leave the country? I was hoping to go back to the UK.
The work permit document itself doesn't authorize re-entry. So if you leave the country you still run the risk of being denied at border. That being said you are from a visa exempt country and already have AIP. There is something in the CBSA manuals that say if a person has AIP and there are no issues such as previous criminal history the border agent should admit the person. It depends how bad you need to go the UK. There's always a chance something can go wrong at the border.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Spikey92 said:
Congratz Mrs. Canuck!

I as well landed today ! Our appointment was at 2:30, we got there at about 1:45. Nobody was there and we were a little confused because there was no reception. So we checked the rest of the building to see if we were missing something. We didnt so we walked back to the original room. A couple just left, they looked really happy so we asked them if thats where were supposed to go. They said you just sit down and wait until they call your name, so thats what we did.
The CIC officer was very friendly. Only asked for my passport,pictures and my partners picture ID,asked a few question and thats it :)
I thought the conditional PR is for 3 years though? But she said I have to keep cohabitating with my partner for the next 2 years?
She also said the citizenship rules will very likely change. Up to now its you have to live in Canada for 3/last5 years and the days before you became PR count as half a day. Now they want to change it into you have to live in CAN for 5 of the last 6 years, and days before your PR status was stated will NO longer count.(not even as half a day)
congratulations Spikey! Be happy and enjoy your life in Canada with your partner. I wish you a very bright future and a happy life

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....