04-01-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Ponga said:
It's been said that people enter our lives for...

A reason

A season
or
A lifetime

Unfortunately, even family can sometimes be #1 or #2
Well said...... I also like to say "Do not keep temporary people permanently in your life!"

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
ruppcs said:
You applied the same day as us. Maybe I'll have a letter in the mailbox when I get home from work. And hopefully they get going on applications again next week!
Yup! Got our letter in the mail. Our file has been transferred to CPC-M.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Hi guys me and hubby are still on vacation but my mum in law back in canada checked the mailbox for us and informed me that my file has been transferred to cpc-m.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
We also got our transfer to CPC-M letter today. This is frustrating and I hope that CPC-M starts powering through our applications soon. But, at least (for those of us who got letters) we know that our files haven't been lost or forgotten about. Fingers crossed for all of us!

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Thank you all so much. I knew you would all understand! This process has been tough, very trying and has tested my every nerve, but at the end of the day I am with the love of my life, and my family just needs to understand this and either get on board or get off at the next station cause I'm not having and I don't want any future children we have to ever have to see their father treated like an outsider around their own family.

Thank you all again HUGE HUGS you guys are like a ray of sunshine ;)

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
guys i didn't get any letter to say my file to transfer (to CPC-M or back to montreal) should i call call center to find out or just wait ??

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
yata520 said:
guys i didn't get any letter to say my file to transfer (to CPC-M or back to montreal) should i call call center to find out or just wait ??
Maybe you'll get it in a day or two? Where are you? I'm only about 40 minutes from vegreville so I'd receive it pretty quick. Is everyone else who got it in the Edmonton area? But I don't think calling would hurt. It might be frustrating but it won't hurt.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
ruppcs said:
Maybe you'll get it in a day or two? Where are you? I'm only about 40 minutes from vegreville so I'd receive it pretty quick. Is everyone else who got it in the Edmonton area? But I don't think calling would hurt. It might be frustrating but it won't hurt.
montreal

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
ruppcs said:
Hey congrats to the few receiving good news lately , and my sympathy to the ones suffering hard about this process like JHWIFE.
I'm in the edmonton area and I haven't received any letter about the transfer , but I did call 3 weeks ago and told the agent that I want to send additional documents ,and the agent looked in my file and told me that my file was recently received a CPC -Mississauga .

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
I am new here at this forum but I read everyday the comments :) I AM ALSO AN AUGUST 2013 APPLICANT !!!

I received my letter today about the transfer of my application to CPC-M, just to inform you guys

And I would like to ask something: is there someone that received the AIP and didnt send the OWP w/ the initial package ?
I didnt know that I had to pay the fee for work permit application so I think that my OWP will suffer some delay. Someone sent an OWP after the initial application ?? I would like to know if I can send it now ...

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
ruppcs said:
My wife received a letter too. Our file was transferred to CPC-M. We're Located at Edmonton

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
JHWife2011 said:
This is more of a rant than anything else.

My family doesn't like my husband very much. We lived with my mother and step father for 6 months after we were married. My mother tried endlessly to get me to not marry my husband. She thought he wasn't "good enough" and she thought I could do better. My step father even said if I went through with marrying him, that I would break my mother's heart. Clearly, they didn't understand that we were in love and wanted to be together. We got married November 2011 and lived with them till April 2012 when a huge argument caused my step father to kick us out of the house 1 week before we planned on moving into our own place. My step father was horribly mean during the fighting calling me all sorts of names and my mother stood by and said nothing. We never told them about my husband's immigration status as I felt their judgement would be way too harsh and that they would be really single my husband out from the rest of the family. Well we eventually told them and that's exactly what has happened. To the point that my own mother went to a medium/physic and apparently they medium told her that I will have a son with my husband then we will lose a baby and then he is going to leave me and I will remarry and have a daughter with my new husband. My mother knows I struggle with infertility and I found it really hard when she told me this. She is keeping her distance and wont form a relationship with my husband because of this.

Fast forward to October 2013 my husband and I share a Facebook page, and someone started cyber stalking us, it was bad! They stole our pictures created a fake pages, started harassing my family, said really horrible things about me on this page, accusing my husband of cheating on me with them, that this person was pregnant for him and everything. But they knew so much intimate details about my family it was just too weird that it was some random person doing this. This cyber stalking went on for about a month and a half and my entire family was in an uproar because they were all being harassed they all blamed my husband saying he was cheating and this was the result. Eventually it all died down. My older sister just a couple weeks ago admitted to me that she thinks my younger sister was behind the fake page. I was talking to my husband about the possibility of it being my younger sister that was doing this to us, and he confronted her. She told him she didn't like him because he is "illegal" NO IDEA what that even means lol and he isn't even! anyway she denied having anything to do with it and then turned around and threatened me saying she has no problem going to the police and saying he threatened her family (which he never did) she said I am going to regret defending my husband because I'm going to lose my family over it. Its just sad, very sad situation. My husband is a great guy, he is funny, and caring. Loves doing things for others. He is a people pleaser. I find it heart breaking that they've never given him a fair chance. I feel badly for my husband because he is judged so harshly by people that don't even care enough to get to know the real him. Exactly what I was trying to protect him from, is exactly what happened. He doesn't deserve the harshness, its breaking my heart.

Sorry this is so long, but truly no one else besides you fine group of people can truly relate to where I'm coming from on some level
Hi @ JHWife2011, I honestly feel you. I know how hard it is. I'm the sponsored person, hubby is the quebequer. My husband's family hated me since the beginning, without even knowing me. But I know why, simply cuz Im not quebequer. They come from a little village in Quebec and they dont like immigrants, they feel that we have no good intentions whatsover and thought that I will take advantage of their only son (the youngest of 5, all girls!). The road has been long and hurtfull, I have been bad treated, they took away hubby's grandparents heritage (a house in Laval and a Chalet somewhere in the woods) and gave it to his sisters. He was already living in that house when we met but it wasnt at his name yet, so he got kicked out when he said ill move in. I do speak french (ill say really good) but my accent cant be avoid, so they are always correcting me and remembering me "how perfect his ex was, so quebequer, so beautiful, so white..." even when I know by hubby and friends that she was a real b-itch and that she was just possesive and a gold digger. Hubby took a decision to stop talking to them, so we stop visit and calling and i was really feeling better, but his grandmother died, this is a woman who raised him! So i had to be present and talk to them again. Im a mixed person, my dad has arabic blood and my mom is italian-spanish and I was born in Peru. Ive learn to embrace all believes and cultures and never judge no one... but they hate everyone who is not a national! And i was done with all the immigrant jokes and crap.
So hey, long story short, I understand how you felt, cuz i saw my hubby suffering and heartbroken, and I know how your hubby felt. So... chin up! We're almost done with immigration and soon we will rise up! :) Big hug!

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Maxlet, I know exactly how you feel. Although I wasn't shunned by my husbands family (they are all very accepting!) but I do a bit of subtle biggotory from people around me.im in Alberta so I understand people are not as accepting as say.. in BC. There are a lot of immigrants here. I tried to reach out to them but whenever I mentioned immigration... They get offended and switched the subject. And it is after I've mentioned that I am immigrating myself. It's a lonely feeling when you get shunned by the locals who have a perceived image of immigrants and also get shunned by someone going through the same process (us immigrants). All I have to say is, this forum is great. It makes everything better

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
MaxLet said:
Hi @ JHWife2011, I honestly feel you. I know how hard it is. I'm the sponsored person, hubby is the quebequer. My husband's family hated me since the beginning, without even knowing me. But I know why, simply cuz Im not quebequer. They come from a little village in Quebec and they dont like immigrants, they feel that we have no good intentions whatsover and thought that I will take advantage of their only son (the youngest of 5, all girls!). The road has been long and hurtfull, I have been bad treated, they took away hubby's grandparents heritage (a house in Laval and a Chalet somewhere in the woods) and gave it to his sisters. He was already living in that house when we met but it wasnt at his name yet, so he got kicked out when he said ill move in. I do speak french (ill say really good) but my accent cant be avoid, so they are always correcting me and remembering me "how perfect his ex was, so quebequer, so beautiful, so white..." even when I know by hubby and friends that she was a real b-itch and that she was just possesive and a gold digger. Hubby took a decision to stop talking to them, so we stop visit and calling and i was really feeling better, but his grandmother died, this is a woman who raised him! So i had to be present and talk to them again. Im a mixed person, my dad has arabic blood and my mom is italian-spanish and I was born in Peru. Ive learn to embrace all believes and cultures and never judge no one... but they hate everyone who is not a national! And i was done with all the immigrant jokes and crap.
So hey, long story short, I understand how you felt, cuz i saw my hubby suffering and heartbroken, and I know how your hubby felt. So... chin up! We're almost done with immigration and soon we will rise up! :) Big hug!
My goodness I'm sorry they are such asses towards you! The main thing is you tried and you stay honest with yourself and aren't changing to please them. In the end they will have to see that their son/brother is happy and in love and they will learn to accept it. Maybe they will never understand but who cares what they think.

I feel guilty, I hold a lot of guilt for the way my family has treated my husband. He is extremely family oriented and he really thought when we got married that he wasn't only marrying me he was inheriting a new family, and he loved that! Even though my mom (she has been the meanest towards him) will never and has never given him the time of day, my husband still says he loves her for the person she can be, but she is just lost right now. Its amazing that he can look past the bad in people and still see that they have a heart of gold somewhere inside them. He is an inspiration to me, I just wish others saw it too. But if it means I get to harbour it all to myself then I will gladly keep all his amazingly inspiration traits all to myself!! ;D

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
JHWife2011 said:
Aww thank you. its been a very very hard 2.5 years. I will tell you that. We've been going through the immigration process virtually alone, no support from family, going through infertility, testing, surgery, treatments all just him and I. Its made us stronger no doubt, but the drama is what is exhausting. We don't get invited to any holidays, birthday parties, family get togethers, nothing. Its sad. They don't ask about our struggles are coming along with starting a family nothing, they don't care. Distancing ourselves is exactly what we've been trying to do, but it always seems like something comes up and draws us back in :(
Hey Jhwife,
I am sorry to hear about you and your hubby. I have one thing to tell you and that is " go for a long ride or vacations inside the country if he cant travel outside the country". Be strong and it is only you two that matters, no one else. You two have to live the rest of your lives together. When you feel really sad, think of those millions of people in the world who are suffering from malnutrition, coommunism, and etc. We are atleast fortunate to be in country like this where we can stand for ourselves. I bet you and your husband are still young. So dream big and treat the mad times as nightmare and forget it. Good luck to you.