February 4,2013
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Hoping this yr
Smsm81 said:
Did you qualified for your province health service before being approved for stage one?
no I did not !! I just went there and they help ppl out of status but u have to prove ur trying to live in Canada

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Line.a said:
Wow, is there really such place existing? I'm not sure what's going on with me, but it's been pretty dreadful the last few days, but I don't wanna go to the hospital unless it worsens. We might just pay for a walk in clinic, I am just curious how much they cost if they would even take anyone in without an AB health card. I just wish my dang work permit would arrive yet! I already called CIC it's been a month almost, so there's definitely something up with that as well. But he didn't have much to say about it, and told me to call again on February 19th :/
I paid in Calgary a little more than $100 (before I had AHCIP). You can call the walk-in clinics and ask them how much the doctor charges. Call a few so you have an idea.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Greatness said:
no I did not !! I just went there and they help ppl out of status but u have to prove ur trying to live in Canada
Wow
I am glad you found that Smiley. Unfortunately that doesnt happen in Quebec Roll Eyes

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Princess029 said:
*** I still wanna know how can I get my medical ahead of time without waiting the immigration telling me to do it.. This forum to me seems useless because no one is really.telling me what to do, which I have read lots of applicants here that they submitted their medical along with their applications. Is anybody out there wanna care my concerns?
Thank you and I would appreciate so much if you could tell me what to do.*** :(

Princess
Well Princess, This forum is extremely busy and posts move extremely fast. That being said all this answers are everywhere in the forum and in the Instruction guide.

We all had to do a little research.
And this forum is more for orientation and support you always have to do your own research since you better follow what CIC is asking for and nobody else but CIC
It's al out there.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi everyone,
1) How long does it take for the local CIC office in Calgary to contact you after Vegreville office makes a decision about the PR application?
2) How do they usually contact you regarding your final landing interview? I heard some people said that they were contacted by phone.

Thank you!

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Greatness said:
Hi guys could u tell me what this means plz ??? N I would really want to join ur group ...This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
[X] As part of this application process, you are required to provide a set of your fingerprints. Please check the following CIC website for further details: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob116.asp#appA or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100. Please take this letter to a service provider and arrange to have your fingerprints taken as soon as possible.
The information requested above must be received at this office by 30 April 2014. If these items are not received, your application for permanent residence may be refused and no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call Centre at the number indicated below.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

Hi a question... Does everyone require to do a fingerprint? I don't remember submitting one for my spouse.

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Cirene said:
Hi Guri. I did it on Thursday. How long does it take to get the notes?
I just did this last night (Thanks Guri, I hadn't heard of this before, it makes me feel better to know I could do something!), and according to the website it takes 4-5 weeks. So, I'm hoping that means I'll hear something before then, but either way I feel like there will be some kind of news in the next month or so.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Blackdisc said:
Hi a question... Does everyone require to do a fingerprint? I don't remember submitting one for my spouse.
Fingerprints are only required if the applicant is from a certain country. I found a list of countries that are required to provide fingerprints (biometrics) when applying for a visa (visitor, study, work permits) but I do believe that it applies to those applying for PR as well.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

So far, the applicants that CIC have requested fingerprints from have all been from the countries listed.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
aman gill said:
Hey harmin i am from surrey toooo good to see u here
Same here Aman Gill ...Try to Update ur profile so that we can guess about our AIP timeline .... :) :) :)

IsThisOverYet

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
Med's Request
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Line.a said:
Wow, is there really such place existing? I'm not sure what's going on with me, but it's been pretty dreadful the last few days, but I don't wanna go to the hospital unless it worsens. We might just pay for a walk in clinic, I am just curious how much they cost if they would even take anyone in without an AB health card. I just wish my dang work permit would arrive yet! I already called CIC it's been a month almost, so there's definitely something up with that as well. But he didn't have much to say about it, and told me to call again on February 19th :/
You should be able to use your AIP letter to get your Alberta Health Care. I don't think a registry office will accept it, but you can call Alberta Health and email/fax it in to them directly.

Below is a paragraph directly off the Alberta Health website:

AHCIP eligibility while waiting for permanent residency status

In order to be eligible for AHCIP coverage you must have a valid Canada entry document or a letter from CIC indicating a “positive first decision” has been made regarding your application for permanent residency.

If you receive a “positive first decision” letter from CIC with respect to your permanent residency application, forward a copy of the document along with your completed application for AHCIP coverage and other required documentation to Alberta Health.
◾Your AHCIP coverage may be reinstated to the date of the “positive first decision” letter but not earlier.

If your Canada entry document is due to expire and you have not yet received this letter, you may be eligible for a one time only temporary extension of your AHCIP coverage. However, we recommend you apply for an extension of your prior permit during the waiting period to avoid a lapse of coverage.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
aman gill said:
Y it takes week to get fingerprint i got them right away when i did it from local rcmp office
Aman Gill I think u took wrong fingers print...u should ask them for electronic fingers print for immigration purpose, ,not ink finger print ..
I made same mistake before ...

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Hey guys!! ;D I propose a survey to find out who gets AIP + DM and who doesn't.

Nationality could give us a big surprise! :eek:

What do you think? Any idea on how or what else to ask??

I'll start with me:
-Police and Meds sent with initial APP
-NOT all fees paid up front.
-Mexican.
-Quebec.
-They never asked for extra documents or redo anything.
-AIP, no DM.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Maxician said:
Hey guys!! ;D I propose a survey to find out who gets AIP + DM and who doesn't.

Nationality could give us a big surprise! :eek:

What do you think? Any idea on how or what else to ask??

I'll start with me:
-Police and Meds sent with initial APP
-Mexican.
-Quebec.
-They never asked for extra documents or redo anything.
-AIP, no DM.
Thanks For Info Mexican ,,Actually In Normal Words You Can Say Complete Application Package
I mean ....paid all fees up front
..............medical
..............finger prints
..............pcc from ur country
..............and all necessary document to support ur application
so nothing left for cpc to ask u again ...they only send u their final decision ..that's all :) :) :)
CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG ... :D

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
I'm just wondering if anyone has been denied after AIP for reasons other than late documents or poor medical results?

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
HARMIN said:
Thanks For Info Mexican ,,Actually In Normal Words You Can Say Complete Application Package
I mean ....paid all fees up front
..............medical
..............finger prints
..............pcc from ur country
..............and all necessary document to support ur application
so nothing left for cpc to ask u again ...they only send u their final decision ..that's all :) :) :)
CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG ... :D
Right! Although eventually the CIC will judge if the application is complete or more support documents are needed.
I was forgetting about the fees! Maybe it's not only nationality.