14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Maxician said:
Right! Although eventually the CIC will judge if the application is complete or more support documents are needed.
I was forgetting about the fees! Maybe it's not only nationality.
I didn't pay all the fee upfront and got both stages approved at the same time. The only difference I saw was when my notes came(January 1st week) my background/security checks were already in progress, which may have expedited the process. Also, I decided to do fingerprints pro-actively and sent them in second week of January.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Mrs_Canuck said:
I'm just wondering if anyone has been denied after AIP for reasons other than late documents or poor medical results?
Yes there is ...
If they got doubt about ur relations ..i mean not living together ...some thing make them uncomfortable like not using same last name ...or u have health problem and ur medical turn down .....and u failed to provide them ur medical and pcc with in given time dead line ...In normal words i just wanna say please keep sending them ur updates till they made their final decision about application..
please some one correct me i am wrong .... :) :) :) :) :) :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
I'm just wondering if anyone has been denied after AIP for reasons other than late documents or poor medical results?
One of the reasons can be, if the applicant is found criminally inadmissible. CIC has the rights to conduct an interview at any stage if they have any concerns, but, chances are it won't happen after AIP.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
guri3577 said:
I didn't pay all the fee upfront and got both stages approved at the same time. The only difference I saw was when my notes came(January 1st week) my background/security checks were already in progress, which may have expedited the process. Also, I decided to do fingerprints pro-actively and sent them in second week of January.
ha ha ha Guri you r the luckiest one ...because even i send complete package and i send so many proof and i am still sending them updates every 2 months but still i am not hoping AIP AND DM together...may be i need more wishes so please wish me more good luck so that i also can get both together ha ha ha ha :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
HARMIN said:
Yes there is ...
If they got doubt about ur relations ..i mean not living together ...some thing make them uncomfortable like not using same last name ...or u have health problem and ur medical turn down .....and u failed to provide them ur medical and pcc with in given time dead line ...In normal words i just wanna say please keep sending them ur updates till they made their final decision about application..
please some one correct me i am wrong .... :) :) :) :) :) :)
Typically, if they have doubts about your relationship, an interview is conducted before AIP or more documents are requested for proof of cohabitation.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
HARMIN said:
ha ha ha Guri you r the luckiest one ...because even i send complete package and i send so many proof and i am still sending them updates every 2 months but still i am not hoping AIP AND DM together...may be i need more wishes so please wish me more good luck so that i also can get both together ha ha ha ha :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Definitely, sending lots of luck your way :) Regarding proof, all we sent was 20 pics and that's it. Although, I have seen if you are common law they tend to ask for more proof regarding the relationship, and cohabitation period.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Thanks Guri, I did open a topic as well. I figured that if they wanted to interview us, they would have done it already. It's strange because when I received the GCMS notes there was nothing. I called and the agent told me that it was too early for them to have started anything on my file. I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure they hadn't started any security checks.

The police checks were clean for both me (sponsor) and my husband (applicant). I think they were just a little faster for your file. :) I think the only fees you needed to pay were for the processing of the application, the other fees just need to be accounted for before your landing appointment. :)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
guri3577 said:
Definitely, sending lots of luck your way :) Regarding proof, all we sent was 20 pics and that's it.
Just 20 pictures Only GURI ??r u serious ?? because until now i already send them tons of pictures and proofs of living together ..my wife change her last name every where ...almost 400 pictures in updates shopping together and joining party together and visiting my family relatives ...i think they gonna take whole day to review my application because i think there got more than 800 pages ha ha ha :) :) :) :)
may be they gonna throw my file in garbage without reviewing it... :) :) :) :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Thanks Guri, I did open a topic as well. I figured that if they wanted to interview us, they would have done it already. It's strange because when I received the GCMS notes there was nothing. I called and the agent told me that it was too early for them to have started anything on my file. I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure they hadn't started any security checks.

The police checks were clean for both me (sponsor) and my husband (applicant). I think they were just a little faster for your file. :) I think the only fees you needed to pay were for the processing of the application, the other fees just need to be accounted for before your landing appointment. :)
Yes, I remember you mentioning that they hadn't started anything. I don't know what procedures they follow and why they start these checks early on some applications .I am going to pay the remaining $490 after getting the landing date coz for inland applicants it doesn't expedite the process I believe. Good luck and hopefully you get DM soon :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
HARMIN said:
Just 20 pictures Only GURI ??r u serious ?? because until now i already send them tons of pictures and proofs of living together ..my wife change her last name every where ...almost 400 pictures in updates shopping together and joining party together and visiting my family relatives ...i think they gonna take whole day to review my application because i think there got more than 800 pages ha ha ha :) :) :) :)
Yes, in fact exact number was 17 pics. I was really worried in the beginning as well if that was enough proof, we kept gathering lots of proof in case CIC would ask for more. I wonder if the officer goes through all the pics.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
HARMIN said:
We only submitted about 20 pictures as well. Too much material can act as a red flag as well - almost as if you're so worried that you want to drown them in paper. The important thing is the quality of the material you submit and how well it fits with the story your application tells.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
IsThisOverYet said:
You should be able to use your AIP letter to get your Alberta Health Care. I don't think a registry office will accept it, but you can call Alberta Health and email/fax it in to them directly.

Below is a paragraph directly off the Alberta Health website:

AHCIP eligibility while waiting for permanent residency status

In order to be eligible for AHCIP coverage you must have a valid Canada entry document or a letter from CIC indicating a “positive first decision” has been made regarding your application for permanent residency.

If you receive a “positive first decision” letter from CIC with respect to your permanent residency application, forward a copy of the document along with your completed application for AHCIP coverage and other required documentation to Alberta Health.
◾Your AHCIP coverage may be reinstated to the date of the “positive first decision” letter but not earlier.

If your Canada entry document is due to expire and you have not yet received this letter, you may be eligible for a one time only temporary extension of your AHCIP coverage. However, we recommend you apply for an extension of your prior permit during the waiting period to avoid a lapse of coverage.
That totally makes sense! Thank you a million times for this! We just photocopied our documents along with an application form. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
computergeek said:
We only submitted about 20 pictures as well. Too much material can act as a red flag as well - almost as if you're so worried that you want to drown them in paper. The important thing is the quality of the material you submit and how well it fits with the story your application tells.
Thanks Computergeek but i just follow my lawyer advise ..he send almost 500 pictures of wedding with the application and told me to keep update him with new proof of living together and pictures ...every 2 months i send him my updates ..until now i think almost 300 pictures i already send him for updates and there got so many paper document also ... :'( :'(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
HARMIN said:
Thanks Computergeek but i just follow my lawyer advise ..he send almost 500 pictures of wedding with the application and told me to keep update him with new proof of living together and pictures ...every 2 months i send him my updates ..until now i think almost 300 pictures i already send him for updates and there got so many paper document also ... :'( :'(
That sounds like overkill to me but if it works then it's all worth it.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Maxician said:
Hey guys!! ;D I propose a survey to find out who gets AIP + DM and who doesn't.

Nationality could give us a big surprise! :eek:

What do you think? Any idea on how or what else to ask??

I'll start with me:
-Police and Meds sent with initial APP
-NOT all fees paid up front.
-Mexican.
-Quebec.
-They never asked for extra documents or redo anything.
-AIP, no DM.
Alright I'm in :)

->> police checks were sent with application (no medicals yet)
->> not all the fees were paid upfront, still need the rest of the half
->> OWP was sent along but haven't received it yet (not impressed) :-\
->> Danish (as one of the very few I believe) :)
->> Calgary, Alberta (cow town)
->> not been asked for extra docs or anything in that nature
->> AIP but not yet DM!