Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
wwdt2001 said:
Hi All,

I'm pleased to let all of you know that the CIC is in fact still working as I received the following this afternoon!!! My application was received on January 25th and I sent my OWP request in June. My wife (sponsor) received an email an hour later saying that she had met the eligibility requirements.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal, QC will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

[X] Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the document(s).
CONGRATS!!! You got AIP and DM at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Hi wwdt2001, congrats on your AIP&OWP&DM!

Montreal office will send you a confirmation letter before your landing interview. Maybe, the letter will be sent to you within a couple of months. This step happens to only people living in Quebec. Don't worry. Just confirm some questions and send it back to Montreal with 2 photos for PR card. So, if you have time, please go to take your photo for PR card. ;) About the size of photo: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Now you can register the RAMQ.
http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrants-foreign-workers-students/health-insurance/Pages/eligibility.aspx

Congrats again! :D

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Congrats wwdt2001 on getting AIP and DM same time :) Good to know CIC is working.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
wwdt2001 said:
Hi All,

I'm pleased to let all of you know that the CIC is in fact still working as I received the following this afternoon!!! My application was received on January 25th and I sent my OWP request in June. My wife (sponsor) received an email an hour later saying that she had met the eligibility requirements.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal, QC will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

[X] Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the document(s).
Congratulaton and hope the CIC will work faster and faster as we always believe of them :D

fedepinedo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
wwdt2001 said:
Hi All,

Congratulations

Let's go February. We're waiting.......

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
wwdt2001 said:
Hi All,

Congrats!! Such amazing news!!

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
wwdt2001 said:
Hi All,

Great news WWDT2001, Congrats to you and CANUSA31........

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Congrats to everyone!

Just to update everyone a bit on my case, I did my medicals on the 4th of Dec. and now am waiting for CIC's decision. Wish me luck!! Hope everyone gets good news soon! Blessings!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Hey laylalala,

If you don't mind me asking, what are the things that you go through for the medicals and what's the cost of it?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
clash_of_ideas said:
Hello everybody, do you think that one could become an avon representative without a work permit?
No you cannot be employed in any way as long as paycheques are coming within Canada. Plus you would be required to have a SIN in order to work. You cannot get a temporary SIN without a work permit.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
clash_of_ideas said:
Hello everybody, do you think that one could become an avon representative without a work permit?
Because it isn't employment, it is a grey area (you act as an independent contractor). I'd suggest that you speak with an attorney and (ideally) obtain an opinion letter stating that you do not require such a work permit. Alternatively, your spouse can sign up as the representative and you can assist (again, it's a grey area, but pragmatically speaking there's nothing that legally prevents you from assisting your partner in their work or business).

An option that I've suggested in the past is that you can have your partner sponsor you for the work permit as well (e.g., the partner starts a business doing X and then goes through the process of getting an LMO). Nothing says your partner has to do the paperwork - so if you're sitting at home twiddling your thumbs waiting for CIC, you could also be reading the HRSDC website and figuring out what the hoops are to getting an LMO. Employers can be surprisingly creative in their ability to tailor job offerings to a single candidate. This is the "not grey" method of doing this sort of thing, but it's intimidating for many people.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
clash_of_ideas said:
Okay :-[ Thank you, I thought it might be different since it's avon.
Like computergeek mentioned, but i would still be careful. Probably wouldn't take the chance if I were you.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Because it isn't employment, it is a grey area (you act as an independent contractor). I'd suggest that you speak with an attorney and (ideally) obtain an opinion letter stating that you do not require such a work permit.
I contacted an attorney with this very question, regarding my (slightly similar) situation.

He wanted $500 for an opinion letter. Yikes!