+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
I'll get a letter from the local MP from here and a notarized translated death certificate from there. It's obviously an important reason to be away. Surely things like this happen and people have to leave. I don't know what else to possibly do to better the chances of nothing bad happening with whatever agent I find at the border (and if anyone has ideas or experience please feel free to chip in).

It's even more stress at an already terrible time, you know?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Ariandel said:
My mother passed away this morning.

I truly don't have words to describe the situation where, on top of having to cope with this, I also must even consider that by leaving to go to her funeral I might be also jeopardizing the last year of my life.
Oh no!! I'm so sorry Ariandel, I'm heart broken. I don't know what to say. This made me sad. This is a very serious matter and I don't see how they wouldn't let you back in. I hope for the best and you find peace. I'm so sorry again :(

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
My condolences go out to you and your family. I would go home if I were you, the border patrol are real people with feelings too (can be strict though), They will undestand and show remorse. I guess it does depend if you're from a visa exempt country, but I would try and go home if I were you. Let us know if we can help at all.

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
I do come from a visa-exempt country (Greece).

I just spoke with an immigration representative and our MP's office. They both said that, essentially, all we can do is show proof that we have an application in process (all we got though are the receipts of paying the fees and, I suppose, a printout of the e-mail from when they initially acknowledged receiving it).

Past that it's just up to the officer at the border who can choose to allow you in or not at their own discretion. To make matters worse, if your application happens to be approved during your absence, even if the decision is positive, that alone can cause them to not let you back.

Either way no one will guarantee anything.

It's just ... very frustrating and extremely stressful.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Ariandel said:

I truly don't have words to describe the situation where, on top of having to cope with this, I also must even consider that by leaving to go to her funeral I might be also jeopardizing the last year of my life.
Ariandel:

Please accept my deepest condolences at this difficult time in your life. May God help you to cope with this great loss. I truly hope that the immigration authorities will not create an hindrance in your travel plans.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Ariandel said:

This is such a sad moment, my condolences to you and your family. Stay strong, I can imagine the pain of losing someone important.I hope that you have no problems coming back to Canada.

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Ariandel said:

My deepest condolences to you and your family..Stay strong and be positive..
I hope everything goes well if you decide to go home, nothing is more important than family now *hugs*

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Oh man, I really hope to hear some good news soon! I only just realized that on my partners ecas it says app in process, where as mine only says app received lol. I keep checking emails every hour or so :)

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Line.a said:
Oh man, I really hope to hear some good news soon! I only just realized that on my partners ecas it says app in process, where as mine only says app received lol. I keep checking emails every hour or so :)
Nice!!! Didn't it always say "in process" on your partner's ecas?

If not, then it should be a good sign!! :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
hockeyfan said:
Nice!!! Didn't it always say "in process" on your partner's ecas?

If not, then it should be a good sign!! :)
Yes, since I started checking on ecas his has always said in process.. So I'm assuming we are golden :)

MaddyD

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014 (+AIP)
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Line.a said:
Yes, since I started checking on ecas his has always said in process.. So I'm assuming we are golden :)
I remember that as soon as we received AOR, my wife's (sponsor) ecas status always showed "in process" and mine (applicant) always showed "application received". But hey, here's for hoping this week will bring good news to us lot.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
MaddyD said:
I remember that as soon as we received AOR, my wife's (sponsor) ecas status always showed "in process" and mine (applicant) always showed "application received". But hey, here's for hoping this week will bring good news to us lot.
Yeah, that's standard, I think most everyone shows the same thing. Once they receive your app and send you the AOR, the sponsor should see "in process" in ecas.

irlish

Dec 9, 2013
hi, im from february too

we send our app in feb 8, 2013

always in process, no news about the AIP

we contact the deputy today nothing to say

he send an email back saying ahhh you arent finish with the first step 1
11 months and you can contact us again in 2 months if you dont have no news...

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
irlish said:
hi, im from february too

we send our app in feb 8, 2013

always in process, no news about the AIP

we contact the deputy today nothing to say

he send an email back saying ahhh you arent finish with the first step 1
11 months and you can contact us again in 2 months if you dont have no news...
MP office emailed me back those same words as I am a February applicant too. I emailed them when it was six months and unfortunately when they received my email the processing time changed to 11 months that same day. Was really pissed off but what can we do but to wait. It's hard as Christmas is just around the corner and I have no gift for my bf and friends. Just so depressed this year. I just hope we hear good news this week.

Dec 9, 2013
Hey everybody,

I'm new here but I've been watching the forum for a while. We sent the application late September and got AOR a month later. We're in London, Ontario. It's been so tough not being able to work or study, basically being stuck inside the house and absolutely dependent on my common-law...
How do you guys spend your time? Have you been able to find something to get a buck or two?
Trying to keep positive.... :-[