Med's Request
24-10-13
Med's Done....
Nov 12 and 18-11-13
LANDED..........
11-06-14
mariannamurrieta said:
Hello, I'm writing cause I need an advise, a few months ago I met a girl
She was from Mexico, she told me she will apply for sponsorship soon, she did a inland application
But because her refugee application was reject she got deported she and her son ( from other guy , not the sponsor) now she is in Mexico and she apply again, today after just 18 days she recieved the sponsor approval ( AIP ) but ere is the thing: she told me this even that we are not friends just I help her a few times.

That she marry for convenience she pay 10,000 to that guy and that's it.

Fake marriage, he is also living with his real partner and she the partner do that too like a sponsor people like a business.

And I'm mad, right now because she got accepted and probably she will have the residence before many people who are waiting here I'm marry for 10 years almost 11 I have a 9 years old son, and I have to struggle the same as everyone here with the change in the time 6 to 10 then back to 6 then.11 and we never know what will happens, if they gonna accept us or make us wait longer etc.

I'm afraid to report her but right now I feel I should.

Any advice?
Personally I'd be reporting her,it's people like that,that are making the process longer and harder for us genuine applicants,and it's just not fair in us,I have not being able to work since March 2012,my wife has to do it all and it's becoming very very hard on her especially since we found out she is pregnant.its not fair that people do this and make it harder for everyone else

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
mariannamurrieta said:
Hello, I'm writing cause I need an advise, a few months ago I met a girl
She was from Mexico, she told me she will apply for sponsorship soon, she did a inland application
But because her refugee application was reject she got deported she and her son ( from other guy , not the sponsor) now she is in Mexico and she apply again, today after just 18 days she recieved the sponsor approval ( AIP ) but ere is the thing: she told me this even that we are not friends just I help her a few times.

That she marry for convenience she pay 10,000 to that guy and that's it.

Fake marriage, he is also living with his real partner and she the partner do that too like a sponsor people like a business.

And I'm mad, right now because she got accepted and probably she will have the residence before many people who are waiting here I'm marry for 10 years almost 11 I have a 9 years old son, and I have to struggle the same as everyone here with the change in the time 6 to 10 then back to 6 then.11 and we never know what will happens, if they gonna accept us or make us wait longer etc.

I'm afraid to report her but right now I feel I should.

Any advice?
give her a chance , she may just try to find a better life for her and her son , let's say if once she become PR and you two become friend. you can try to guide her nicely to right way( not mean religion), can talk about future see what is her planing (not include party,shopping,vacation),she may need a right friend (but not a friend who so bossy to say what she do wrong). this is my option

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Jumped to Nov 25th.......

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
niks1 said:
Jumped to Nov 25th.......
Just saw it too, doing a happy dance :p ;D

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
bruneian said:
Hi linea
I'll tell you what I know :)

You need to report to CRA as soon as you become common law or married. (within the next month after becoming so) You can do this easily online by logging into the CRA website or submit it by paper. I heard that you and your partner will get taxed heavily if failure to do so.

And I think if you have a temp SIN (starts with a 9) then that will be your SIN until you get a permanent one after landing. It doesn't matter if its expired. However, if you get hired, and an employer did a SIN check on you (and they should, but some small companies are too lazy to so..) then you're not allowed to work with an expired SIN.
My husband never contacted CRA about our marriage. We were married in April 2012 (in the U.S.), and the first thing CRA heard about it was when he claimed me on his taxes (in June 2013...yes, JUNE, because the man is administratively retarded and doesn't seem to care about meeting filing deadlines). We didn't have any problems at all, and we got a pretty fat tax return, since hubby had never bothered to adjust his withholding amounts after we were married.

frappCcino

Oct 1, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me on how to go about applying for an Open Work Permit Together. We are planning to submit it together with our sponsorship application.

1. what form should i use?
2. any letter I should be enclosing together with it?
3. Does the payment goes in the package together with the spousal application?
4. What are the documents required aside from the other documents i am submitting for the spousal application?

please help. Its kindda confusing

Thanks in advance

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a while, but just decided to 'officially' join the conversation. I received AOR on July 15, so I've still got a lot of waiting to do!

There seems to be quite a bit of movement reported in the 2012 thread! Hopefully some of you early 2013 applicants will receive some good news very soon.

A quick question...

I sent my OWP application with my PR application, but didn't send my police check or medical. At this point, do you suggest I wait until these documents are requested or send them ASAP?

Thank you in advance!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
JLynn1987 said:
Hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a while, but just decided to 'officially' join the conversation. I received AOR on July 15, so I've still got a lot of waiting to do!

There seems to be quite a bit of movement reported in the 2012 thread! Hopefully some of you early 2013 applicants will receive some good news very soon.

A quick question...

I sent my OWP application with my PR application, but didn't send my police check or medical. At this point, do you suggest I wait until these documents are requested or send them ASAP?

Thank you in advance!
I was advised by a CIC call centre representative NOT to submit the medical and police check before CIC requested them. (I didn't leave them out intentionally, I just lose about 40 IQ points the moment I look at a CIC form, and I somehow didn't realize I needed to include them.) I stressed over the decision a lot, but I ended up deciding to do both before they were requested.

This caused a *great* deal of confusion at the doctor's office. They tried to tell me I couldn't do the medical without the form from CIC (CIC sends you a form when they request the medical). I told them I wanted an up-front medical, but they were confused because my app was already submitted. In the end, I got what I wanted, though the doctor made very clear that he wasn't to be held responsible if my results were not properly matched up with my file (since I was doing it "wrong"). I noted my UCI number clearly on the doctor's "up-front medical" forms. (There's no place for the UCI on the up-front form, I just wrote it in where there was room.)

I sent in the proof of medical and the police certificate about three months after AOR. I sent a CSE (case specific enquiry) two months later to see if my documents had properly been matched to my file. I sent a follow-up after more than a month of no response to the first CSE. Finally, after more than two months since I sent the first enquiry, I received confirmation that both documents had been received and matched to my file.

For me, this worked out for the best, as I received AIP and DM at the same time (after more than a 10-month wait after AOR). Had I waited for CIC's request, it would have taken months more for DM. However, I can't say I "advise" you to do the same. I took the risk of them losing my documents, having to pay for medical twice (it was almost $400 where I had it done), and delaying my process anyway. I'm happy I did things the way I did, but I did it with the knowledge that I was risking spending money and time for nothing.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
QuebecOkie said:
I was advised by a CIC call centre representative NOT to submit the medical and police check before CIC requested them. (I didn't leave them out intentionally, I just lose about 40 IQ points the moment I look at a CIC form, and I somehow didn't realize I needed to include them.) I stressed over the decision a lot, but I ended up deciding to do both before they were requested.

This caused a *great* deal of confusion at the doctor's office. They tried to tell me I couldn't do the medical without the form from CIC (CIC sends you a form when they request the medical). I told them I wanted an up-front medical, but they were confused because my app was already submitted. In the end, I got what I wanted, though the doctor made very clear that he wasn't to be held responsible if my results were not properly matched up with my file (since I was doing it "wrong"). I noted my UCI number clearly on the doctor's "up-front medical" forms. (There's no place for the UCI on the up-front form, I just wrote it in where there was room.)

I sent in the proof of medical and the police certificate about three months after AOR. I sent a CSE (case specific enquiry) two months later to see if my documents had properly been matched to my file. I sent a follow-up after more than a month of no response to the first CSE. Finally, after more than two months since I sent the first enquiry, I received confirmation that both documents had been received and matched to my file.

For me, this worked out for the best, as I received AIP and DM at the same time (after more than a 10-month wait after AOR). Had I waited for CIC's request, it would have taken months more for DM. However, I can't say I "advise" you to do the same. I took the risk of them losing my documents, having to pay for medical twice (it was almost $400 where I had it done), and delaying my process anyway. I'm happy I did things the way I did, but I did it with the knowledge that I was risking spending money and time for nothing.
Thanks for the quick reply! You mentioned that you wrote your UCI at the top of the medical form...by this do you mean your sponsor's UCI? I was under the impression that we each had our own...I just don't get mine until AIP. Of course, I'm right there with you as far as IQ points go, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

dawlex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
Hi everyone, have been so busy lately and have not been here in quite a while, but just popping in to say that we got our DM letter today! Hubby has a landing appointment in November. Very happy and relieved this is all over. Best Luck to all of you who are still patiently waiting.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
JLynn1987 said:
Thanks for the quick reply! You mentioned that you wrote your UCI at the top of the medical form...by this do you mean your sponsor's UCI? I was under the impression that we each had our own...I just don't get mine until AIP. Of course, I'm right there with you as far as IQ points go, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
I *may* have written in my husband's UCI, as well (I was confused and trying to cover my bases, so it's likely), but I received my UCI from CIC with AOR. I think it's a little different in Québec, because our AOR was sent to my husband, listing his UCI, but then went on to instruct him to request a CSQ (Certificat de selection du Québec - only needed in Québec) from MICC (Québec's Ministry of Culture and Communication) for the principal applicant, then listed me and my UCI.

If you have requested a visitor extension and received it, I know that lists your UCI, as well (I'm American, and we extended my visitor permit; the certificate that came after approval of the extension lists my UCI on it). Other than that...not sure how you would get your UCI before AIP.

Your sponsor's UCI may be enough to match your medical to your file. I can't say for sure, unfortunately. I wasn't even sure if my UCI would get it done.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
dawlex said:
Hi everyone, have been so busy lately and have not been here in quite a while, but just popping in to say that we got our DM letter today! Hubby has a landing appointment in November. Very happy and relieved this is all over. Best Luck to all of you who are still patiently waiting.
Congrats on getting DM :) You are the first 2013 applicant to receive AIP and DM :D Which office are you landing at?

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
dawlex said:
Congrats on your DM, finally your journey is over :)

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
dawlex said:
wow so fast !!! congrats, wish i have ur luck too :D , finger cross *_* .my case need some power of love :p

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Lots of movement lately with cic congrats everyone! As they move closer to my date I'm beginning to feel nervous and excited all at once :p