Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Line.a said:
I am starting to really worry. I am aware that I heard that we are very unlikely to fail the medical test when applying for spousal sponsorship. I have had surgeries performed on my both eyes back when I had health care (it was something that had to be done no exception or I'd go blind with cataracts) and I already have uveitis and need to be checked regularly by an eye doctor to most likely get an expensive drug prescribed to treat my juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It was something I was already being treated with when I lived in my home country.

Is it a good idea not to volunteer too much information if they don't ask about it? I mean I'll answer it truthfully if they do ask, but I am worried since I'm not sure if all this spells out extensive health care and will fail it?
Hey Line.a, I dont think you need to worry. The medical takes about 5 mins (mine did anyway) I took my previous health record with me and they didn't ask to see it. It feels like a waste of money. I was soo sick with the flu which I was really worried about that. All I remember her doing was listen to my heart do a few quick things and I was out of there. Its a pretty big money making scheme. They take the photos there. I think the dr cost $180 then another $50 for chest xrays and $40 for blood work. I have had some issues as well but they never said or asked anything about it - no ones perfect. My medical was done 6 months ago - I really hope I dont have to redo it. Im over giving CIC any more $$ while seeing no action or benefits.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
woodyc said:
Congrats UKZippy. 8 months for AIP that's gotta be some sort of record.
Hi woodyc,

Thanks! Unexpected, but greatfully accepted lol

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Alurra71 said:
Bah, gov't red tape, it's the same lovely shade of red no matter what borders you live within, I suppose. Trying to apply logic in the logic free zones of any gov't. You would think I would know better by now! LOL
Alurra71........... NO comment lol :-X

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Line.a said:
I am starting to really worry. I am aware that I heard that we are very unlikely to fail the medical test when applying for spousal sponsorship. I have had surgeries performed on my both eyes back when I had health care (it was something that had to be done no exception or I'd go blind with cataracts) and I already have uveitis and need to be checked regularly by an eye doctor to most likely get an expensive drug prescribed to treat my juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It was something I was already being treated with when I lived in my home country.

Is it a good idea not to volunteer too much information if they don't ask about it? I mean I'll answer it truthfully if they do ask, but I am worried since I'm not sure if all this spells out extensive health care and will fail it?
Hi Line.a

I don't think u need to worry. Mine took only half an hour for all the tests(blood, eyes, physical, X-ray). Yes they do ask u to fill up a form regarding your medical details. But, while they were taking my tests I was asking them the reason for those particular tests. They are more concerned with something communicable. For instance blood test is done for HIV and syphillis. Chest X- Ray they told me is done to rule out lung cancer.
What I think is they are more concerned with major diseases or communicable ones.

This is what I think.....but I guess there people in this forum who have better knowledge about this who can help.

Take care

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Just a quick question.....

Anyone know how long it takes to process a work permit application?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
UKZippy said:
Just a quick question.....

Anyone know how long it takes to process a work permit application?
If you haven't applied yet, it takes around 54 days (Paper Appl) and 34 day (Online Appl)

If you sent your OWP with your PR appl you should then get it in the mail by Wednesday or at the end of the week!!

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Cirene said:
If you haven't applied yet, it takes around 54 days (Paper Appl) and 34 day (Online Appl)

If you sent your OWP with your PR appl you should then get it in the mail by Wednesday or at the end of the week!!
Cirene,
Thanks.
As I didnt include the OW application, Im posting it this week.

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ukzippy,
I hope you get your DM before your OWP so you get your OWP refund. From the 2012 forum it appears that once they receive the medicals then you will get your DM. I understand that the medicals are now being sent electronically which is much faster than normal mail. I hope you get your DM soon.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
salsal31 said:
Ukzippy,
I hope you get your DM before your OWP so you get your OWP refund. From the 2012 forum it appears that once they receive the medicals then you will get your DM. I understand that the medicals are now being sent electronically which is much faster than normal mail. I hope you get your DM soon.
Hi salsal31,

I got my request for medical by email.

Not sure what DM - too many acronyms here lol

So How is it I can get a refund? I'm posting the OWP this week, just waiting for the money to hit my card!

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
UKZippy said:
Hi salsal31,

I got my request for medical by email.

Not sure what DM - too many acronyms here lol

So How is it I can get a refund? I'm posting the OWP this week, just waiting for the money to hit my card!
UKZippy is the man of the hour!! Lol, DM means decision made, which usually means your stage 2 is completed and you have been scheduled to land and become a PR. You may get a refund if you apply for an OWP but land before that OWP is issued as you do not need an open work permit as a permanent resident of Canada.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
hockeyfan said:
UKZippy is the man of the hour!! Lol, DM means decision made, which usually means your stage 2 is completed and you have been scheduled to land and become a PR. You may get a refund if you apply for an OWP but land before that OWP is issued as you do not need an open work permit as a permanent resident of Canada.
lol hockeyfan,

Sadly not me. I'm already here and I can't see DM arriving in 54 days - the time it takes to process an OWP :(

Reza flame

May 27, 2013
Hey my first stage approval came through about one year ago, I was having difficulties providing the cic with a copy of my passport since I didn't have one, but I was finally able to overcome tha issue and send them all the documents they asked for, in august I received a letter from cic stating the exact following words:

This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration Centre in ETOBIKOCEfor further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. once processing is complete. that office will notify you by mail of their decision.

is this a standard letter, or this means there is something wrong with my case?
what kind of an interview should I be expecting, what kind of questions?
and most importantly how much longer from this point forward do I have to wait?
just a rough estimate will do....!
I appreciate any sort of response from you thanks a million.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hockeyfan said:
In fact, a PR is not eligible for a work permit.

I applied to renew my work permit in August 2012. I landed five weeks later. Three weeks after that vegreville finally got around to my renewal and refused to process it because I was no longer eligible. A month later the refund cheque showed up.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Reza flame said:
Hey my first stage approval came through about one year ago, I was having difficulties providing the cic with a copy of my passport since I didn't have one, but I was finally able to overcome tha issue and send them all the documents they asked for, in august I received a letter from cic stating the exact following words:

This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration Centre in ETOBIKOCEfor further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. once processing is complete. that office will notify you by mail of their decision.

is this a standard letter, or this means there is something wrong with my case?
what kind of an interview should I be expecting, what kind of questions?
and most importantly how much longer from this point forward do I have to wait?
just a rough estimate will do....!
I appreciate any sort of response from you thanks a million.
It's standard for no passport. But you may need to wait a while longer.

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
Can anyone verify this either way: Once you receive the AIP (at the end of stage 1), but before the end of stage 2, can you leave and return to Canada safely?