+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
screech339 said:
I wish I can update you on the spreadsheet but I don't have you listed. Could you provide your timeline so I can add you to the list? I know you posted it in the message earlier but I need more specific info like the day, along with month and year. Also need other info like did you submit OWP with application. When did you get your medical test done., etc etc.

Screech339
App received by CIC: July 19, 2012
Submitted App with medicals, police report, etc.
Applied for visitor extension later; no OWP requested.

Jan 21, 2013: file transferred to CIC Etobicoke
October 8, 2013: interview at CIC Etobicoke
November 10, 2013: File transfer to CIC Calgary
August 01, 2014: Request for documents from CIC Calgary
August 14, 2914: CIC received the required documents
August 18, 2014: AIP
August 20, 2014: Request for medicals, as previous expired. Agent advised that she tried to extend medicals, but was not successful.

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Smsm81 said:
Congrats for receiving AIP
Would you mind sharing why you had to go through interview? and how you went through?
When I returned to Canada as a returning resident in 2012, I did not meet residence requirement, and was not aware of the policies and procedures with CIC. At the airport, I presented documents and reasoning about my delayed return to Canada (death of our first baby overseas), the officers sympathized. At the time, I was being accompanied by my spouse and son, who had visitor visas. Officer asked if I planned to sponsor, to which I responded yes. He said no problem, and I went ahead and applied for sponsorship. That triggered CIC to investigate my residence requirement.

In the meantime, I moved to Calgary from Toronto, but did not update CIC with Calgary address as I didn't want further delays in my application. Etobicoke called me for an interview to "determine my permanent residence status." During that interview, I gave the same compelling reasons and arguments. Also, at the time of interview, I was four months shy of completing 2 years in Canada. However, they said that since I now live in Calgary, they will have to transfer the file to CIC Calgary.

We then received a letter from CIC Calgary in November 2013, that they are very busy, and due to a high volume of applications, they don't expect to open our file till November 2014. All this time, my time spent in Canada was still counting, making the permanent residence determination moot. In February 2014, I completed over two years of presence in Canada, and applied for my PR Card renewal. A month later, I received my new PR card, which effectively, was a "determination" of my status. Now, I seemed to be in good standing.

Calgary finally opened my file in August 2014, and requested evidence of living together. I provided them with everything, and a few days later, we get AIP...the residence issue seems to have been closed, and confirmed by issuance of new PR card. Calgary CIC agent e-mailed and advised she will try to get medicals extended, but later e-mailed that she tried and it was not possible. We have now completed our medicals, and are hoping for DM at best :)

That's a quick summary of everything! lol

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hkalltheway said:
App received by CIC: July 19, 2012
Submitted App with medicals, police report, etc.
Applied for visitor extension later; no OWP requested.

Jan 21, 2013: file transferred to CIC Etobicoke
October 8, 2013: interview at CIC Etobicoke
November 10, 2013: File transfer to CIC Calgary
August 01, 2014: Request for documents from CIC Calgary
August 14, 2914: CIC received the required documents
August 18, 2014: AIP
August 20, 2014: Request for medicals, as previous expired. Agent advised that she tried to extend medicals, but was not successful.
Again congrats on getting AIP. I have you added to spreadsheet. You are #164

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hkalltheway said:
We then received a letter from CIC Calgary in November 2013, that they are very busy, and due to a high volume of applications, they don't expect to open our file till November 2014. All this time, my time spent in Canada was still counting, making the permanent residence determination moot. In February 2014, I completed over two years of presence in Canada, and applied for my PR Card renewal. A month later, I received my new PR card, which effectively, was a "determination" of my status. Now, I seemed to be in good standing.
The fact you received your PR card so quickly strongly suggests that CPC-S found you already had an extensive (and complete) file as the processing time for a renewed PR card is measured in months (currently "151 calendar days" according to the CIC website - five months).

So long as you aren't under an A44(1) report (inadmissibility report/investigation) your time in Canada would certainly continue to count.

hkalltheway said:
Calgary finally opened my file in August 2014, and requested evidence of living together. I provided them with everything, and a few days later, we get AIP...the residence issue seems to have been closed, and confirmed by issuance of new PR card. Calgary CIC agent e-mailed and advised she will try to get medicals extended, but later e-mailed that she tried and it was not possible. We have now completed our medicals, and are hoping for DM at best :)
If she requested a medical extension it would suggest that medicals were the only thing standing in the way of a final decision (if there are other outstanding issues, medicals cannot be extended). Medicals can only be extended if it's within 15 months of the initial examination and it sounds like they were two years old (from your timeline).

Congratulations - it sounds like the battle is almost over.

Since you mentioned you had two years residence in February 2014 you should look towards filing for citizenship next year when you have 1095 days in Canada. If you delay, the new citizenship rules will take effect and you will need to wait at least until February 2015 and pay the 3x higher fee.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
computergeek said:
The fact you received your PR card so quickly strongly suggests that CPC-S found you already had an extensive (and complete) file as the processing time for a renewed PR card is measured in months (currently "151 calendar days" according to the CIC website - five months).

So long as you aren't under an A44(1) report (inadmissibility report/investigation) your time in Canada would certainly continue to count.

If she requested a medical extension it would suggest that medicals were the only thing standing in the way of a final decision (if there are other outstanding issues, medicals cannot be extended). Medicals can only be extended if it's within 15 months of the initial examination and it sounds like they were two years old (from your timeline).

Congratulations - it sounds like the battle is almost over.

Since you mentioned you had two years residence in February 2014 you should look towards filing for citizenship next year when you have 1095 days in Canada. If you delay, the new citizenship rules will take effect and you will need to wait at least until February 2015 and pay the 3x higher fee.
Due to filing for citizenship so quickly after acquiring PR, even though hkalltheway has previous 2 year residency, it will likely to trigger a RQ from CIC. So be prepare to get a RQ as I think one of the trigger of RQ is claiming time before PR toward citizenship.

Best of luck to hkalltheway in getting DM hopefully shortly after medical test done.

Screech339

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
Hello everyone! First congrats to everyone who has received there PR. Second I am here to do an update and ask if there is anything I could do about my situation. We received AIP in October 26 2012 after that no words from CIC untill 2014 may 2 they needed a new medical I have called them a few days after I have done the medicals to verify if they have received it the agent told me yes and I asked about my security clearance since they were waiting on that for a year. They said they have received that as well. I called them again yesterday and they said they are waiting on my background check I ve passed the medicals. How is that works?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hinata-223 said:
Hello everyone! First congrats to everyone who has received there PR. Second I am here to do an update and ask if there is anything I could do about my situation. We received AIP in October 26 2012 after that no words from CIC untill 2014 may 2 they needed a new medical I have called them a few days after I have done the medicals to verify if they have received it the agent told me yes and I asked about my security clearance since they were waiting on that for a year. They said they have received that as well. I called them again yesterday and they said they are waiting on my background check I ve passed the medicals. How is that works?
The next step is to get DM and you should get that soon hopefully.

I don't have you on my spreadsheet. Would you like to be added on the spreadsheet? If you do, please provide me your timeline, medical date, police date, country, and city please.

Screech339

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Hi everybody,
if you remember me...App received-April 17, 2012, DM-October,2013.... new medicals-February and still waiting Etobicoke office to contact to me :( I have contacted with our MP, Etobicoke office, sent letters....so far...no result :( Now my open work permit expire on November and Call center told me that I can apply for new 30 days before but I`m scare that I can lost my job...if they late/like usually/ and...something is getting wrong. What do you think...can they refuse to give me new work permit?
Thank you!!!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Di_vas said:
Hi everybody,
if you remember me...App received-April 17, 2012, DM-October,2013.... new medicals-February and still waiting Etobicoke office to contact to me :( I have contacted with our MP, Etobicoke office, sent letters....so far...no result :( Now my open work permit expire on November and Call center told me that I can apply for new 30 days before but I`m scare that I can lost my job...if they late/like usually/ and...something is getting wrong. What do you think...can they refuse to give me new work permit?
Thank you!!!
No, they won't refuse you a new work permit. I would think if you file for a new OWP it might actually trigger CIC to look and see why you haven't yet landed. If you have gotten your DM and nothing further has been asked of you, I see no reason you shouldn't have received a letter.

If you have moved during the process or anything make absolute certain positive that CIC has the correct mailing address on file. Don't just depend on doing it online because 90% of the time when you call them they would have the old address listed anyhow.

Best of luck to you!

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
HI guys,
I've read that when you become a PR you are then called back with your spouse after 2 years?
Is there anyone who had to report to CIC after 2 years of PR.

is this even true? what happens if you hare called? and why?? I'm confused please put some light into this.

thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
rifat said:
HI guys,
I've read that when you become a PR you are then called back with your spouse after 2 years?

is this even true? what happens if you hare called? and why?? I'm confused please put some light into this.

thanks
You will not be called back to CIC like the US does. After 2 years has pass, conditional clause will automatically be removed.

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rifat said:
HI guys,

thanks
Even IF they treated it similar to what the US is doing, then it shouldn't matter so long as your relationship is still ongoing. I would THINK that if they did it, it would be similar to the landing interview. Just kind of show up with your sponsor sign a couple forms and off you go. LOL

Nobody has yet gotten to 2 years since Condition 51 was implemented. I guess we can wait until the beginning of November when the first wave of "51ers" are just passing their 2 years and see what they have to say.

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
I don't have you on my spreadsheet. Would you like to be added on the spreadsheet? If you do, please provide me your timeline, medical date, police date, country, and city please.

Hello Screech! Yes you can add me to the time sheet so app filed on April 28 2012 received on may 1st 2012 AIP October 16 2012 meds request on April 26 2014 meds done may 2nd 2014 meds passed in 12 of may 2014 I live in ontario GTA and my office is in vergeville in family class sponsorship

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hinata-223 said:

Hello Screech! Yes you can add me to the time sheet so app filed on April 28 2012 received on may 1st 2012 AIP October 16 2012 meds request on April 26 2014 meds done may 2nd 2014 meds passed in 12 of may 2014 I live in ontario GTA and my office is in vergeville in family class sponsorship
Thanks for the timeline. May I ask what country you are from?

Screech339