18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Deedeedar said:
Hi screech339 and everyone!

Hope you guys are doing well.

I would like to inform you that I landed at Calgary on 30April and right now I'm waiting for my PR card to arrive approx 2 months.

Thanks again for a great info through this forum.

Hope you all the best.
Congrats on landing. I will update next week. I am on vacation this week.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
screech339 said:
Congrats on landing. I will update next week. I am on vacation this week.
Thanks screech339!

Hope you have a nice vacation.

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
Hi guys, I'm so happy my fingers are shaking!!!
I FINALLY GOT MY DM!!! Last night at 5:56
This process has been such a long and tiresome process.
I have learnt patience like I haven't been thought before.
The process has been so long I don't even know what to feel.
I have a few questions!! My husband and I have been together for 8 years but only married 5 months before we applied!
In that cause would they be counting how long we've been together or how long we've been married? (The conditional two year?)
I cannot fantom having to go over the process in two years!!!
Does any know what the wait time is for Ottawa landing office?
Do u get SIN at Ottawa?
Thank you sooo much to every one on this forum for everything!!
You guys were my sanity through it all!!
Screech you are a ray of sunlight through thia cold cold times. You give of your time selflessly and for that I say a big thank you. I am almost at the end and I can't wait to finally hold my PR card in my hand!!!
Now the third set of waiting begins!
I always come on and read this tread, don't always post but I'm always here....

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Congratulations Jolly! It's been a long wait.

Your news is encouraging as our application entered the system less than one month later than yours. If we get DM , our landing will be the Ottawa office too, so interested in the wait times as well.

All the best!

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
@Migrain thank you veryuch!! It has been a Loongg wait!! A year and 6 months!!
It's really good to be finish with the processing stage!
Now to wait for landing and then PR!!
I'm sure yours is not far behind!
I use to call ALL THE TIME!!
Twice a week it kept me sane lol
All the best love, I'm sure your time will soon come!!
Migrain said:
Congratulations Jolly! It's been a long wait.

Your news is encouraging as our application entered the system less than one month later than yours. If we get DM , our landing will be the Ottawa office too, so interested in the wait times as well.

All the best!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Jolly1 said:
I have a few questions!! My husband and I have been together for 8 years but only married 5 months before we applied!
In that cause would they be counting how long we've been together or how long we've been married? (The conditional two year?)
I cannot fantom having to go over the process in two years!!!
Congrats on finally getting your good news!!!

The language CIC uses about conditional permanent residency (condition 51, which requires two years of cohabitation after landing as a sponsored spouse or common-law partner) is "in a relationship of two years or less," so that sounds to me like they count the length of the relationship, not the marriage. BUT, I'm no expert, and we all know CIC is far from clear or logical with their policies.

However, you do NOT have to do anything extra because of this condition. All you have to do is live with your partner. If, for some reason (perhaps employment opportunities?) you two had to live apart during the first two years after you land, you *may* have a problem with CIC, IF they decide to randomly check in on you and your partner. We're still not certain how or to what extent they'll be enforcing the new condition. If you are living with your partner, though, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, and no extra hoops to jump through. You certainly don't have to redo any steps of the process two years later.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

What is conditional permanent residence?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations) which apply to spouses, common-law or conjugal partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsor and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The sponsored spouse must cohabit in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. If they do not remain in the relationship, the sponsored spouse's status could be revoked. The conditional measure only applies to permanent residents whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012—the day that the amendments came into force.

Aside from the need to satisfy the two-year requirement, conditional permanent residence does not differ from normal permanent residence. These sponsored spouses have access to the same rights and benefits as other permanent residents. They will be allowed to work and study without a work or study permit; they will not be subject to different tuition fees in post-secondary schools; and they will have the same access to health coverage and social benefits, including social security (or income support).

If the relationship breaks down, the sponsor remains financially responsible until the end of the three-year undertaking period, irrespective of the cause of the breakdown.

qosmio

Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville__Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
AIP__26 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012
Interview........
DM__12 Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Med's Redo__28 Apr 2014
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
Yayyyyyy! Very good good news! Today, I got the landing date. It is on May 31, 2014. Wo ho... :D Vancouver office is surely moving. Hopefully you guys who are waiting for landing interviews like me will get them soon.

Wish you all the best of luck!

Tenn2NS

May 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2012
Doc's Request.
08-03-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
Med's Request
05-05-2014 (first one expired)
Yesterday I had to do my medical again. Fortunately it is the last thing they need from me so once it has been processed I should get a DM. My question is, how long does it normally take to process a medical for my type of app (pr via spousal sponsorship)? The Dr. told me it takes 4 months, is that true?

Thanks,

AOR-Sep 20, 2012 - CIC confirmed receipt 12/6/12
AIP- Mar 8, 2013 (OWP received with letter)
FBI letter sent Nov 2012 (no acknowledgement from CIC though) re-sent and accepted 4/16/14
Fingerprints sent Mar 2013 (no acknowledgement of receipt either) re-sent and accepted 5/12/14
Medical records sent and received (March 2013-expired) Medical redone 5/15, awaiting results

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
Thank you very much!!! It's been a long long journey!!
Hopefully we do not get the conditional two years, we the 2012ers seem to be the scape goat for many or
the reforms/changes made to the immigration act!the day my application was received (oct25) is the day the conditional 2 years took effect and now they have also changed the residency requirement from 3 to 4 years!!
I guess we should be greatful that they are at least still grating an opertunity to apply for it!!

The language CIC uses about conditional permanent residency (condition 51, which requires two years of cohabitation after landing as a sponsored spouse or common-law partner) is "in a relationship of two years or less," so that sounds to me like they count the length of the relationship, not the marriage. BUT, I'm no expert, and we all know CIC is far from clear or logical with their policies.

However, you do NOT have to do anything extra because of this condition. All you have to do is live with your partner. If, for some reason (perhaps employment opportunities?) you two had to live apart during the first two years after you land, you *may* have a problem with CIC, IF they decide to randomly check in on you and your partner. We're still not certain how or to what extent they'll be enforcing the new condition. If you are living with your partner, though, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, and no extra hoops to jump through. You certainly don't have to redo any steps of the process two years later.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

[/quote]

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Condition 51 applies to those applicants whose materials were received ON or after October 25, so that includes your app. It will just depend on if they go by the length of the relationship or only the length of the marriage. But don't stress about it. All you have to do is live with your partner, which I imagine you wanted to do in any case. ;)

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
@ Tenn,
When you get to the stage of redoing medicals and getting a work permit you would have completed your first stage. So you are in the the second stage. I'm not sure what the time line is for the second stage now 8 months ?I think. I also had to redo my medicals, it was requested bk in September, I did it in October and I got my DM exactly 8 months after, which was the time line listed for the completion of the second stage . I've seen ppl on this forum getting DM much sooner tho around the 4 month mark. Every case is different and so are the officers processing them.
My Ecas has never been updated since I got AIP! No medicals received no DM , still says in process
The only way to know for sure is to wait and see.
I use to call every time, different answers everytime but it kept me sane. I felt as though I was doing something other than just waiting,
Hope you get your DM very soon!!

Tenn2NS said:
Yesterday I had to do my medical again. Fortunately it is the last thing they need from me so once it has been processed I should get a DM. My question is, how long does it normally take to process a medical for my type of app (pr via spousal sponsorship)? The Dr. told me it takes 4 months, is that true?

Thanks,

AOR-Sep 20, 2012 - CIC confirmed receipt 12/6/12
AIP- Mar 8, 2013 (OWP received with letter)
FBI letter sent Nov 2012 (no acknowledgement from CIC though) re-sent and accepted 4/16/14
Fingerprints sent Mar 2013 (no acknowledgement of receipt either) re-sent and accepted 5/12/14
Medical records sent and received (March 2013-expired) Medical redone 5/15, awaiting results

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
Yea I know I fall in the category, when u say I hope we don't get it I mean that they indeed count how long we've been together and not how long we were married!
I just want to be done and not have to think about the untill I apply for citizenship!! My husband jokes all the time well at least I'm guaranteed another two years of togetherness lol
We the 2012ers should all have a big celebration party!! When every one of our applications are completed!

QuebecOkie said:
Condition 51 applies to those applicants whose materials were received ON or after October 25, so that includes your app. It will just depend on if they go by the length of the relationship or only the length of the marriage. But don't stress about it. All you have to do is live with your partner, which I imagine you wanted to do in any case. ;)

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Jolly1 said:
Thank you very much!!! It's been a long long journey!!
Hopefully we do not get the conditional two years, we the 2012ers seem to be the scape goat for many or
the reforms/changes made to the immigration act!the day my application was received (oct25) is the day the conditional 2 years took effect and now they have also changed the residency requirement from 3 to 4 years!!
I guess we should be greatful that they are at least still grating an opertunity to apply for it!!

Hi!! I had the same doubt cuz i was 6y relationship 4 living together but only 1 1/2 married at the time of app (now almost 3 years married)
I tought i will fall in the condition 51 but i just landed yesterday and i dont have it. The agent told me they count the total "common law" time tht you can proof.

Good luck and God bless!!