Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
curiouslittledog said:
I called CIC.

They told me everyone should get a landing letter after 2 months when decision is made. I said i see no letter and asked what format they are sending me. They told me by mail. She still asked me whether I got the letter. I said no, did they send the letter? She said no. ( This part puzzled me - why ask the obvious? I thought they can check in their system, she has my client ID and read my file.)

She said she has put a reminder to ask them to send a mail to me and if I don't get it within a few weeks, I should call back.

Is this a happy reply or everyone got the same reply when they called cic?
I had a similar case with Etobicoke office after getting DM. I called CIC when to expect this landing letter from etobicoke. They told me 7 weeks after DM. After 7 weeks has past, I called CIC about it and they told me that I should have had the letter already. So they sent a reminder to Etobicoke office. I called CIC on a weekly basis as I was not going to let CIC off the hook. Another 2 weeks later, gotten the landing letter.

Feb 24, 2014
screech339 said:
I had a similar case with Etobicoke office after getting DM. I called CIC when to expect this landing letter from etobicoke. They told me 7 weeks after DM. After 7 weeks has past, I called CIC about it and they told me that I should have had the letter already. So they sent a reminder to Etobicoke office. I called CIC on a weekly basis as I was not going to let CIC off the hook. Another 2 weeks later, gotten the landing letter.
Hmmm thanks for the reply. Which means I should call them next week to ask about my letter. :D

Feb 24, 2014
Guess what? They just send me an email with the landing letter and the photo specs! Finally! :D

May i ask.. when they ask for receipt... i only have one receipt that states the total amount i have paid. is that the one? It did not break down into many categories.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
curiouslittledog said:
Guess what? They just send me an email with the landing letter and the photo specs! Finally! :D

May i ask.. when they ask for receipt... i only have one receipt that states the total amount i have paid. is that the one? It did not break down into many categories.
That would be it. The total should be around $1070 in total if you paid the PR in full at the beginning.

If you paid right to PR landing fee separately, you show that as I believe the local CIC would want proof that you paid the right to landing fee already.

Some locations won't allow you to pay the last fee at landing, other locations allows you to pay the fee at landing.

Screech339

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone, i really appreciate the quick response of members here as regard any question been asked. i need an answer to this question:
I will be applying soonest but trying to gather information. i can't remember the date of birth of my parents and they are not around now to contact them. what do u guys think i can do. should i leave the space blank or put "*" sign as indicated in the guide? Can this affect my application. Any advise will be highly appreciated

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
screech339 said:
Congrats to Deedeedar on landing and becoming PR.

Congrats to qosmio on getting a landing date.

Congrats to Jolly1 on getting DM and landing date.

I have updated your status on the spreadsheets.

Again congrats to all.

Screech339
CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!!!!!

It's been 79 days (March 4) since our Landing appointment in Vancouver.. still waiting for PR card to arrive. A little more patience required!

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
Victorswife said:
CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!!!!!

It's been 79 days (March 4) since our Landing appointment in Vancouver.. still waiting for PR card to arrive. A little more patience required!
@ victorswife thank you!!
I read online yesterday it took 80 day I was surprised cause the last time it was like 58/58 days?
You should be getting it any min now!
Congrats in your landing

yaye2009

Star Member
May 9, 2009
Hi everyone thx for all your supports, wife landed today at Edmonton office , took us less than 1 hr include waiting time, but the landing process to -15mn very easy and straight forward
3 generic questions I only showed my I'D no question for me as a sponsor nothing at all thx again

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
yaye2009 said:
Hi everyone thx for all your supports, wife landed today at Edmonton office , took us less than 1 hr include waiting time, but the landing process to -15mn very easy and straight forward
3 generic questions I only showed my I'D no question for me as a sponsor nothing at all thx again
Congrats to your wife in landing and becoming PR.

Screech339

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
curiouslittledog said:
I called CIC.

They told me everyone should get a landing letter after 2 months when decision is made. I said i see no letter and asked what format they are sending me. They told me by mail. She still asked me whether I got the letter. I said no, did they send the letter? She said no. ( This part puzzled me - why ask the obvious? I thought they can check in their system, she has my client ID and read my file.)

She said she has put a reminder to ask them to send a mail to me and if I don't get it within a few weeks, I should call back.

Is this a happy reply or everyone got the same reply when they called cic?
Hi! so, in my experience, i got dm on feb 28th and my landing letter is dated april 28th.. so exactly two months after..
around my 7 week of waiting i was so stressed that i call cic and asked why didnt i got contact for landing... an agent was kind of rude and told me to wait a week more or call back. I wasnt satisfied with the answe so the same day hours later, i called cic agent, this time, a really nice and patient agent told me that she will check on my file, then came back and told me it appeared "landing letter sent".. few days after i got my landing letter...

i will say that they can tell if your office has contacted you or not... they just dont wanna do it and give you standard answers...
maybe try calling again? theres also a possibility that some offices update info and cic agents are able to see it and others just dont...
my office was montreal...

good luck and god bless

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
Hello everyone! I called CIC today since there's no sign of my papers at all... they told me that they're still waiting on security check and that they can't do anything about it for an other 4 months... my application is been under process for 2 years I am very disappointed... my younger sister is getting married in 6 months and I might not be able to make it?!?! Congrats to everyone that has finally landed in Canada!