Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hey screech339

sorry one more question

Me and my wife is in canada (applied for her).

currently she is on temp visa

when my wife get her PR, she have move out the country??

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunshine11 said:
hey screech339

sorry one more question

Me and my wife is in canada (applied for her).

currently she is on temp visa

when my wife get her PR, she have move out the country??
No, your wife will be official PR at local CIC office on landing appointment.

In fact at landing appointment, agent will/may tell you not to leave Canada until you get PR card in the mail.

hizzoscott

Jan 21, 2012
Hello to All
I appllied for my OWP online on jan 14 and jus this week I got a few emailes showing that my application status has been updated. When I went and check online it said "status:closed, your application has been approved"

My Question is what is the next Step after this?

That was kinda too quick for cic( considering they take long with everything) so I'm just wondering if they Are going send me Something in the mail and how long that usually take.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hizzoscott said:
Hello to All
I appllied for my OWP online on jan 14 and jus this week I got a few emailes showing that my application status has been updated. When I went and check online it said "status:closed, your application has been approved"

My Question is what is the next Step after this?

That was kinda too quick for cic( considering they take long with everything) so I'm just wondering if they Are going send me Something in the mail and how long that usually take.
It basically means your OWP is approved and your OWP will arrive in the mail soon.

It is not surprising that it went quick. Applying online for OWP tend to take about 10-15 days.

Screech339

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Does anyone know what happens if after spouse lands and get PR and then leaves you before the 2 year imposed living together rule.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Nigea said:
Does anyone know what happens if after spouse lands and get PR and then leaves you before the 2 year imposed living together rule.

The sponsor can inform CIC of the situation and CIC can revoke the spouse's PR status. After that he/she can get deported.

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
But if you have kids together you are non-conditional permanent resident . You are free to divorce in as much as u guys have kids together . But if you don't have kids and she informs cic then u are screwed . It also depends when u landed because I know this new rules started sometime in 2012 ending I think. By the way everybody am still waiting for my DM . Called and was told my file has been forwarded to verification department for final review don't know how long this is gonna take . Next month will be one year since I got AIP . Cic cic cic cic cic sigh

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
"But if you have kids together you are non-conditional permanent resident " Does this mean having kids before the Oct new ruling or if I deliver in March and he has left, can I get his PR revoked.

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
The new rules says if u have kids together then u are non-conditional permanent resident. But if you don't have then it's a conditional permanent resident. Cic does not care if you are pregnant they only care if the baby is born alife . For example since u are due in march and u divorce him now he is still under conditional . But u know divorce does not go too well that fast by the time your divorce is over u already have kid . So he is non-conditional permanent resident . So I guess u are pregnant and due march so even though u divorce him now he will drag the case till u give birth and then he is going to use the child . I know it sucks at times but the rules are crazy

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Just found this on cic site Child must have been born before application filed if filed after Oct 2012
"DIVISION 8

CONDITION APPLICABLE TO CERTAIN PERMANENT RESIDENTS

Condition

72.1 (1) Subject to subsections (5) and (6), a permanent resident described in subsection (2) is subject to the condition that they must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor for a continuous period of two years after the day on which they became a permanent resident.

Permanent resident subject to condition

(2) For the purpose of subsection (1) and subject to subsection (3), the permanent resident is a person who was a foreign national who
(a) became a permanent resident after making an application for permanent residence as a member of the family class, or an application as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class to remain in Canada as a permanent resident, as applicable;

(b) at the time the sponsor filed a sponsorship application with respect to the person under paragraph 130(1)(c) had been the spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the sponsor, as applicable, for a period of two years or less; and

(c) had no child in respect of whom both they and the sponsor were the parents at the time the sponsor filed a sponsorship application with respect to the person under paragraph 130(1)(c)."

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Hmmmm noted,since you guys are having a baby lots is going to change, and u should also know that there is always a way to beat around this if he is smart ,For example, Exception in cases of abuse or neglect Given concerns about the vulnerability of spouses in abusive relationships, the proposed condition would cease to apply in instances where there is evidence of abuse (that is, physical, sexual, psychological or financial) or neglect (failure to provide the necessaries of life). they are not just going to grab him and throw him away, I know of someone who was in an bad marriage, his wife was cheating on him and still she called CIC to revoke his papers, CIC looked into it very carefully, luckily the guy has some recording of the wife threatening to cancel his papers every time he question her of her cheating, The guy had job and was paying tax , and the wife was taking his money every time, whenever he speaks he threaten him , Did you know that he got divorced and CIC did not revoke his papers, he is still living in Canada happily. the wife is the one been worried now, because if the guy goes to get money from government the wife will pay . different cases different outcome. You never can tell what is going to happen .CIC is not just going to grab someone and throw them out of the country just because the wife called, its step by step, if it was during the processing of the application thats a different thing, but once landed its kinda 50-50 that they will revoke his PR, all he needs is a good lawyer just hope everything works out for you. i know some people just take advantage and get what they want and then disappear.

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Conditional permanent residency

While the sponsorship bar will prevent extreme examples of “revolving door spousal sponsorships,” conditional permanent residency will apply to a much larger percentage of spousal sponsorship applicants, and have more serious consequences.

Spouses or common-law partners who have been in their respective relationships for less than two years at the date on which they submit their spousal sponsorship application will now be subject to conditional permanent residency.

The condition will require the sponsored permanent resident to cohabit in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor for a continuous period of two years after the day on which the person became a permanent resident of Canada. If CIC determines that a conditional permanent resident has breached this condition, then it will declare the permanent resident inadmissible to Canada, and removal proceedings will be initiated.

Conditional permanent residents will not have to proactively apply to have the condition removed. CIC will automatically remove the condition after two years. However, CIC will be conducting investigations into whether conditional permanent residents have complied with the condition. Such investigations will either be the result ofinformation that CIC received or as part of a random audit. People subject to an investigation will have a positive onus to prove that they complied with the condition

The condition will not apply to couples who have children together. It will also not apply if the sponsor dies, or if there is evidence of abuse or neglect, which has been defined very broadly. There will also be an appeal right.

The objective of conditional permanent residency is to reduce instances of marriage fraud. However, it is also foreseeable that a breach of the condition will occur in many marriages and common-law partnerships that dissolve for legitimate purposes. Conditional permanent residency is still in its infancy; however, applicants who will be subject to the condition should follow developments closely, and possibly consider immigrating toCanadathrough other programs if possible.

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Thanks Psalm91.
I truly hope this works out for the better. I really feel used but I love him and do not want to have him deported, but, do not want to be on the hook for him either. This is so stressful and embarrassing, don't even want my family to know.