19-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
AIP & DM: 21-01-2014
sounion said:
Have my OWP in hand now, but apparently I have to get a SIN now before I can work. The hoops we have to jump through!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAH!

Can I use my temporary tax number in place of my SIN?
sounion, you won't be able to use the temp tax number in place of your SIN.. just go to any service canada location and they'll provide you with a SIN right away.. they will give you a print out copy and then you'll get your actual card in the mail about 2-3 weeks from then. they won't ask you any question as long as you have your passport and your OWP in hand!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
lsj2767 said:
Did you have an email about OWP seperately?
According to cic, "your work permit has been approved." means cic opened my OWP application.
I searched dictionary for the definition of "approve".
Cic made a new English word.
Hi, lsj2767. No, CIC didn't send me e-mails separately. I received only one e-mail. Correctly a pdf file which was attached with the e-mail contained AIP, DM and a work permit.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

[X] Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be
sent to you separately.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
sounion said:
Have my OWP in hand now, but apparently I have to get a SIN now before I can work. The hoops we have to jump through!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAH!

Sounion, why you don't go to Service Canada office? The office is not near you? You can get a temporary SIN easily and soon. Maybe you will receive a paper and your card will be sent to you later.

Your landing is very soon. Your landing office may give you a new SIN on your landing day. But if your landing office doesn't give you SIN at the same day, you might have to wait to get SIN until your PR card arrives. During the waiting, you need a temporary SIN anyway for your job.

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
Tomorisu said:
Hi, lsj2767. No, CIC didn't send me e-mails separately. I received only one e-mail. Correctly a pdf file which was attached with the e-mail contained AIP, DM and a work permit.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

[X] Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be
sent to you separately.
Thank you.

Then I just should wait.
I hope the delay is due to my overdue medical exam.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Tomorisu said:
Sounion, why you don't go to Service Canada office? The office is not near you? You can get a temporary SIN easily and soon. Maybe you will receive a paper and your card will be sent to you later.

Your landing is very soon. Your landing office may give you a new SIN on your landing day. But if your landing office doesn't give you SIN at the same day, you might have to wait to get SIN until your PR card arrives. During the waiting, you need a temporary SIN anyway for your job.
colivia said:
sounion, you won't be able to use the temp tax number in place of your SIN.. just go to any service canada location and they'll provide you with a SIN right away.. they will give you a print out copy and then you'll get your actual card in the mail about 2-3 weeks from then. they won't ask you any question as long as you have your passport and your OWP in hand!
Unfortunately for sounion, some Canada Service Centre will not accept COPR to get Permanent SIN. Canada Service only accept COPR if your application was processed outland. In Sounion's case, she may not have a choice but to wait for her PR card to apply for perm SIN.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml

Permanent residents

You must provide one of the following primary documents:

Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada.

screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to NicJohn on landing today and becoming a PR.

Screech339

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:
Unfortunately for sounion, some Canada Service Centre will not accept COPR to get Permanent SIN. Canada Service only accept COPR if your application was processed outland. In Sounion's case, she may not have a choice but to wait for her PR card to apply for perm SIN.
Sounion, you have already your OWP. You can get a Temporary SIN now. I guess the landing day is the only chance for inland applicants to get Permanent SIN with CoPR, because some landing office give a Permanent SIN to applicants on the landing day.
But I don't know whether Winnipeg office gives you it on your landing day. If Winnipeg office doesn't give you it, you have to wait your PR card as Screech said.
When you get your Permanent SIN, you just ask to change from 'Temporary' to 'Permanent'.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sounion said:

I don't see any harm in getting a temporary SIN with your OWP. This would allow you to legally work until you land and still continue working until you get your PR card. After that you can get your Permanent number.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Tomorisu said:
Sounion, you have already your OWP. You can get a Temporary SIN now. I guess the landing day is the only chance for inland applicants to get Permanent SIN with CoPR, because some landing office give a Permanent SIN to applicants on the landing day.
But I don't know whether Winnipeg office gives you it on your landing day. If Winnipeg office doesn't give you it, you have to wait your PR card as Screech said.
When you get your Permanent SIN, you just ask to change from 'Temporary' to 'Permanent'.
I don't think Winnipeg office gives out Perm SIN at landing. Aniwinnipeg was the only other person besides sounion landed at winnipeg office. Aniwinnipeg never mentioned about getting a SIN at landing.

Screech339

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Thanks for all your advice!!! It just sucks because someone wants me to work this weekend, and I am 2 hours from a Canada Service office and I won't be able to get to one until I go for my landing interview. I'm frustrated.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sounion said:
Thanks for all your advice!!! It just sucks because someone wants me to work this weekend, and I am 2 hours from a Canada Service office and I won't be able to get to one until I go for my landing interview. I'm frustrated.
Sounds like you got no car to drive yourself to the Canada service. If you have a car, I would go an apply despite it being 2 hours away. It is worth applying even if it is a temporary one. Then you would get your temp SIN on the spot and you can work this weekend. You could take a bus if needed. I would try to find a way to get to the office to your SIN

Screech339

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
screech339 said:
Sounds like you got no car to drive yourself to the Canada service. If you have a car, I would go an apply despite it being 2 hours away. It is worth applying even if it is a temporary one. Then you would get your temp SIN on the spot and you can work this weekend. You could take a bus if needed. I would try to find a way to get to the office to your SIN

Screech339
More an issue of having responsibilities to my family that can't let me be spending 4 hours going to and from the city. BUT I looked up other centers and there are not one, but TWO service canada offices 30 minutes from my house. THAT I can do. Gonna get my SIN today, and work on the weekend!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sounion said:
More an issue of having responsibilities to my family that can't let me be spending 4 hours going to and from the city. BUT I looked up other centers and there are not one, but TWO service canada offices 30 minutes from my house. THAT I can do. Gonna get my SIN today, and work on the weekend!
Good to know that you got closer service canada nearby you. Its a lot better than 2 hours one way.

Screech339

GAM

Jun 1, 2013
germanywing said:
Dear Screech339, thank u very much for your prompt reply. My husband and I have asked the health insurance bureau (RAMQ)in montreal. There is an exception for pregnant women in Quebec. We could get the health coverage for pregnancy immediately after I apply. We dont need to wait the 3 months. That is why, my husband and I decided to give birth in Canada. Because we really believed that we can get the AIP Email before the due date. :'( :mad: Now I feel really frustrated and dont know how to handle this situation? When CIC doesn't issue my AIP.

Be sure to check your spam/junk email to make sure the answer you are looking for from cic is not sent there as it goes there lots of time

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
sounion said:
Sounion, did you went to get your temporary SIN? I did. I just showed my OWP and my passport. Service Canada asked names of my parents. They gave me a confirmation paper and my temporary SIN card will be sent within 10 working days.