Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
screech339 said:
Maintaining a spreadsheet is a lot more reassuring in that you can see the forest instead of seeing a single tree. CIC will not give you any info on how everyone is doing or know what kind of progress CIC is doing. The spreadsheet will at least give you "inside info" on CIC's progress. It help single applicant keep their sanity in knowing how everyone else is doing and what sort of expectations in timelines.

Screech339
Screech339

I've appreciated the spreadsheet a lot.
It's a huge relief checking someone's info. :D

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
QuebecOkie said:
I was just talking to my sis about the forum today. How it's impossible to KNOW when I can come visit, but I can give her hopeful guesses and estimates because of the spreadsheet on this forum.
You've got AIP and DM at the same time.
I wish another luck for you.
I've been checking my mail box everyday these days.
- I cleaned up flyers last night though..:D

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
screech339 said:
Maintaining a spreadsheet is a lot more reassuring in that you can see the forest instead of seeing a single tree. CIC will not give you any info on how everyone is doing or know what kind of progress CIC is doing. The spreadsheet will at least give you "inside info" on CIC's progress. It help single applicant keep their sanity in knowing how everyone else is doing and what sort of expectations in timelines.

Screech339
I agree! You're doing a great job! I'm a 2013 applicant but I always take a look at your spreadsheet to follow up on the progress. I must say, it is very well done and very informative. Thank you!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Thanks LaylaLala and lsj2767 for your appreciation. I try to keep it as much details as possible to give everyone a good sense of where they are in CIC's world.

Congrats to vincyboy on getting his landing date.

Congrats to ntonchu on landing and becoming PR 2 weeks ago.

Congrats to nishika on getting her PR card.

Want to thank these 3 people and everyone on keeping me informed on their timelines and helping me keep our timesheets up to date. Much appreciated.

Screech339

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Hi there,

I have some good news to everybody and a question for Screech too.. :) Finally CIC is moving now. My accompanying dependent received a document request yesterday through mail. They are asking her to re-do her medical and there was something on the letter that confused me a lot where I need Screech to enlighten me. They also requesting us to submit some forms which we already did and submitted along with our application.

To Screech, would you mind if I send you the letter on your inbox and pls tell me if I really need to send it again to them. Thank you in advance!

-yffam

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
yffAm said:
Hi there,

I have some good news to everybody and a question for Screech too.. :) Finally CIC is moving now. My accompanying dependent received a document request yesterday through mail. They are asking her to re-do her medical and there was something on the letter that confused me a lot where I need Screech to enlighten me. They also requesting us to submit some forms which we already did and submitted along with our application.

To Screech, would you mind if I send you the letter on your inbox and pls tell me if I really need to send it again to them. Thank you in advance!

-yffam
Sure you can send it to my inbox. I'll do my best in giving you a response to the best of my knowledge. If I don't know I will tell you. Don't want to tell you anything I know nothing about.

Screech339

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
screech339 said:
Sure you can send it to my inbox. I'll do my best in giving you a response to the best of my knowledge. If I don't know I will tell you. Don't want to tell you anything I know nothing about.

Screech339
Thank you so much.. But can I send you an attachment here?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
yffAm said:
Thank you so much.. But can I send you an attachment here?
I really don't know as I never had to deal with attachments. Don't think you can. It is one of the limitations of a forum. This is to prevent the server for forum from being overloaded with attachments.

Screech339

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
Morning guys, just an update, I called CIC
this morning first thing (I couldn't sleep)
They said that those emails are generated emails
based on the info put in the system by the officers
working on our files.
She said that the email that says eligible to be sponcered was
only generated yesterday and it takes up to five days
to be issued. There isn't anything they could do
in relation to when we receive it.
She can however see in her system that it was indeed
generated. She also says its dated yesterday's date. I should hv it before
Wednesday . That's why people been receiving AIP and DM on Saturdays and Sundays
not because they're working on week ends, lol
Now I feel alot better. Lol

@goldmoon I know I was a wreck yesterday. Lol
But my family here understands. Lol
Only you guys understands what this process feels like!!

jonico

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
No update for the processing time, we are on Oct 15th still... :mad:

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Actuallly an email saying that the sponsor is qualified to sponsor you for PR is not an AIP letter. It is not addressed to the applicant. There are two different emails. One for the sponsor saying he/she mets eligibilty as a sponsor. It even says applicant for permanent residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly. This is not the AIP letter.

The AIP letter will be addressed to the applicant saying you meet the requirement to apply for PR status as member of spouse or commonlaw in Canada class. Blah blah. followed by you may apply for an open work permit.

Just hate to burst your bubble. On the bright side, you should be getting an AIP anytime now.

Screech339
It is AIP. Stage 1 where the sponsor is approved.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jenny12345 said:
It was the AIP email., Approval in Principle when the sponsor is approved. Two stages - one for the sponsor (stage1) and stage 2 for the applicant.
Well if you think about it, there are two AIPs. One for the sponsor saying he
/she qualifies as a sponsor. And the other AIP is for the applicant saying he/she met qualification to apply for PR in Canada and can apply for OWP if so desired.

But for all sense and purposes, when we talk about AIP, we were, in default, refering to the applicant's AIP. This AIP is what drives the applicant's ability to do anything in Canada. Applicant AIP gives applicant the ability to apply for OWP, apply for drivers
licence, apply for provincal health coverage. Sponsor AIP is totally meaningless in the world of public services as it is not accepted form of proof that the applicant is here on PR processing.

Screech339

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you're right and they go hand in hand (sponsor approval and applicants meet eligibility to apply for PR) so when her sponsor received approval email,They already have AIP.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jenny12345 said:
Yes you're right and they go hand in hand (sponsor approval and applicants meet eligibility to apply for PR) so when her sponsor received approval email,They already have AIP.
Techinically they are the same. AIP for sponsor and AIP for applicant. Public services are not going to use the sponsor's AIP date for say OHIP when applicant can qualify for 3 month residency requirement. They will use the applicant's AIP date. So if the applicant's AIP date end up dated later than the sponsor, they will not use the eariler date. They will use the latest date possible.

Ontario services was going to use my wife's driver's licence issued date (2 weeks after AIP date.) for 3 month qualification as there were no other official ID other than the AIP date. I had to show them the lease which shows my wife's name that was signed way before AIP's date. Then they used the AIP's date.

Public services will use whatever date they can get to delay the qualification as long as possible unless you can prove them otherwise.

Screech339

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
good morning guys..i dont really post that much here... hoping and trying to be patient here., i know you will say thats all we want... my mat leave ends next month, so i hope December applicants would get at least AIP by November , i hope...so I can apply for a job by January...

Hope u guys have a great weekend :)