20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
gosia said:
Now i'm ready to apply for a US visa - tourist visa - anyone applied for this before? any tips?
We just applied for B2 US visa last week and have made appointment with US consulate in toronto in 2 weeks time. Will cost you 160 and you have to fill out application online. Also go to a photo shop that will allow you to get a digital copy of 2" x 2" picture for online picture submital. Was told the quality of scanning an actual 2 x 2 pic is not high enough to pass the requirement. Call around your local photo shop to be sure that will provide digital copy for you for online application. Don't want you to waste your time running around to photo shop only to be told there that they don't do digital prints. Walmarts won't do it. Black's will.

Screech339

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
Perfect thank you :) I'm just on the us website right in the middle of my application..it looks like its a long process

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
gosia said:
Perfect thank you :) I'm just on the us website right in the middle of my application..it looks like its a long process
It is a long process. Quite detail questions. Save often and record your application number so that you can go back and retrieve it at a later time when you have a digital copy ready to submit it.

BTW. When you find a photoshop that will give you a digital copy of picture, make them provide you proof that the picture will pass the online picture requirement. I had one photo shop called "Photo +". They gave me proof that pic will pass the requirement. This way you cannot come back claiming the picture won't pass after paying for it and they can't claim that you altered it. So this is a way to protect your self from being ripped off.

Another note: when you complete the application with photo uploaded. You will not be able to receive it or change it after you submit the papers. So make sure your application is completed in full and accurate as possible.

Screech339

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
screech339 said:
It is a long process. Quite detail questions. Save often and record your application number so that you can go back and retrieve it at a later time when you have a digital copy ready to submit it.

BTW. When you find a photoshop that will give you a digital copy of picture, make them provide you proof that the picture will pass the online picture requirement. I had one photo shop called "Photo +". They gave me proof that pic will pass the requirement. This way you cannot come back claiming the picture won't pass after paying for it and they can't claim that you altered it. So this is a way to protect your self from being ripped off.

Another note: when you complete the application with photo uploaded. You will not be able to receive it or change it after you submit the papers. So make sure your application is completed in full and accurate as possible.

Screech339
Thank you so much:)

Happyday

Jul 15, 2013
Kayvanblue said:
i am in your boat....you are not alone....
Hi Kayvanblue,
I just noticed your timeline that you got your AIP on interview.
I didnt get AIP yet, but I got interview day next week.
Screech gave me an idea what would this be but I'm trying to gather more info as possible.
thanks,

Happyday

Jul 15, 2013
Hi hkalltheway
Sorry I couldnt reply your message. I guess I'm too newbie to send out the personal message.
So i couldnt reply you.
Sure, lets share some info :)

Of course, i have very genuine relationship with my wife and I guess CIC got some questions for me.
So I'm heading to their office nextweek for interview.
Been waiting for 15 months with No AIP. and finally got interview.
Hope everything goes smooth
Cheers to all

Application sent on June29 2012
AOR email received Oct 26 2012
Transferred my file to Vancouver office on Nov 1, 2012
Got mail for interview on Sep 2013
AIP: not yet
DM: not yet
PR: soon

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Happyday said:
Hi hkalltheway
Sorry I couldnt reply your message. I guess I'm too newbie to send out the personal message.
So i couldnt reply you.
Sure, lets share some info :)

Of course, i have very genuine relationship with my wife and I guess CIC got some questions for me.
So I'm heading to their office nextweek for interview.
Been waiting for 15 months with No AIP. and finally got interview.
Hope everything goes smooth
Cheers to all

Application sent on June29 2012
AOR email received Oct 26 2012
Transferred my file to Vancouver office on Nov 1, 2012
Got mail for interview on Sep 2013
AIP: not yet
DM: not yet
PR: soon
Happyday,

If you wish to be put on the timesheet, let me know. If you do, please let me know what your country of origin is. Your city you're are living in now. Did you submit your OWP, medical, police check with application.

You need to post 10 messages to forum to be able to send PM to anybody.

Screech339

eager beaver

Nov 28, 2012
@QuebecOkie that gives me sooo much hope, our timelines sound very similar. I pray for AIP and DM in one day. I know its bad to get my hopes up, but positive thinking is good!!!!
The only difference is we also applied for his OWP. Hopefully its all quick from here.

I had no idea once you go for your landing interview you still have to wait for your PR card? So does that mean still no leaving the country?????

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
eager beaver said:
@ QuebecOkie that gives me sooo much hope, our timelines sound very similar. I pray for AIP and DM in one day. I know its bad to get my hopes up, but positive thinking is good!!!!
The only difference is we also applied for his OWP. Hopefully its all quick from here.

I had no idea once you go for your landing interview you still have to wait for your PR card? So does that mean still no leaving the country?????
No it doesn't mean you can't leave Canada. You can leave anytime. No one is stopping you. It means without PR card, you cannot take a commerial travel back to Canada via air/boat/bus. You can re-enter Canada by car yourself. Just show your COPR at the border. In your case, without PR card, you can only drive between Canada and US.

Screech339

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
My wife's PR Card arrived yesterday. It looks as though we are now complete. It feels like it has been a long journey but in the whole big picture it has not. I am now able to live with the person I love so much without fear of ever being seperated again. I joined this forum in September of 2011 and threw out many questions in hope of intelligent helpful information. I was not dissapointed. With the help of many people on line especially the senior and champion members who have chosen to stay online and help others selflessly long after their journey is complete. To you people thank you so much. I also have to thank Pelipeli for posting how she organized her application. I had masses of paper and really was unsure how to organize it until I came accross her thread. Your help was invaluable. We sent our application on July 31st of 2012. And I was completely prepared for a 14 to 24 month wait. Much to my surprise the total time has been just over 13 months, and that is with the unnesecary delay on the PR card. Had I been on top of things with the PR card we should have been complete 2 months ago. My wife landed on May 16th, 9 months after application sent.

I have found this forum so helpful in so many ways. It is hard to explian to people who have never gone through this processjust what you are going through. They don't understand. This forum has become my family through this process and helped us up when we were down and gave us advice when we needed it and even just someone to talk to when we were lonely. Thank you everyone. I took over the spreadsheet about 4 months in and I found that it really helped me to see the big picture and to keep focused on the end. I am an optimist, I always have been and continue to be. I found that seeing the big picture allowed me to try to help other peole along as well. Thank you everyone for all your support while I was doing the spreadsheet. I have to also thank Screech for not only taking over the spreadsheet but turning it into a world class spreadsheet as well. I am humbled by your talent and dedication. Thank you again my friend. Last but not least I have to thank my good friend Wolanila. He really helped on early on in this process and I am happy to say that we have become friends outside of this forum. I have had the opportunity to meet both him and his wife and they are wonderful people. I hope that our friendship continues and that they enjoy all the hapiness possible.

In closing I want to say do not give up hope to those who are still waiting your day will come. Try to look at it as a stepping stone to be with the one you love forever and what could be better than that.

Sawadee Khap everyone.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rusty53 said:
My wife's PR Card arrived yesterday. It looks as though we are now complete. It feels like it has been a long journey but in the whole big picture it has not. I am now able to live with the person I love so much without fear of ever being seperated again. I joined this forum in September of 2011 and threw out many questions in hope of intelligent helpful information. I was not dissapointed. With the help of many people on line especially the senior and champion members who have chosen to stay online and help others selflessly long after their journey is complete. To you people thank you so much. I also have to thank Pelipeli for posting how she organized her application. I had masses of paper and really was unsure how to organize it until I came accross her thread. Your help was invaluable. We sent our application on July 31st of 2012. And I was completely prepared for a 14 to 24 month wait. Much to my surprise the total time has been just over 13 months, and that is with the unnesecary delay on the PR card. Had I been on top of things with the PR card we should have been complete 2 months ago. My wife landed on May 16th, 9 months after application sent.

I have found this forum so helpful in so many ways. It is hard to explian to people who have never gone through this processjust what you are going through. They don't understand. This forum has become my family through this process and helped us up when we were down and gave us advice when we needed it and even just someone to talk to when we were lonely. Thank you everyone. I took over the spreadsheet about 4 months in and I found that it really helped me to see the big picture and to keep focused on the end. I am an optimist, I always have been and continue to be. I found that seeing the big picture allowed me to try to help other peole along as well. Thank you everyone for all your support while I was doing the spreadsheet. I have to also thank Screech for not only taking over the spreadsheet but turning it into a world class spreadsheet as well. I am humbled by your talent and dedication. Thank you again my friend. Last but not least I have to thank my good friend Wolanila. He really helped on early on in this process and I am happy to say that we have become friends outside of this forum. I have had the opportunity to meet both him and his wife and they are wonderful people. I hope that our friendship continues and that they enjoy all the hapiness possible.

In closing I want to say do not give up hope to those who are still waiting your day will come. Try to look at it as a stepping stone to be with the one you love forever and what could be better than that.

Sawadee Khap everyone.
Thanks Rusty. It is not a problem and its been an honour and pleasure to take over the spreadsheet. Glad to see that your wife was able to get her PR card after an unexpected delay. I have updated your PR card status on timesheets.

Screech339

eager beaver

Nov 28, 2012
Screech thanks for the reply, but i am a bit confused by what you meant when you say 'in your situation you could only go between Canada and the US' wouldnt that be the same situation for everyone since we are all in Canada and there is no travelling by bus/boat/air???? and when travelling to the states from Canada there is still the change of being denied reentry which would then cancel out the application...

and

Nicely said Rusty. This forum has been a lot of support to me as well. Reading through the posts has answered many of my questions/doubts/concerns etc. & it is always encouraging to hear from others when they receive AIP and DM, especially when you think and know that they have gone/are going through the same process.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
eager beaver said:
Screech thanks for the reply, but i am a bit confused by what you meant when you say 'in your situation you could only go between Canada and the US' wouldnt that be the same situation for everyone since we are all in Canada and there is no travelling by bus/boat/air???? and when travelling to the states from Canada there is still the change of being denied reentry which would then cancel out the application...
When I say in your situation, I meant anyone that has the same situation as you, "landed but haven't recieved their PR card yet". Once you get COPR after landing, there is no chance of being denied re-entry into Canada at the border . Once the border confirm you are a PR, they will let you back in. The problem is that airlines/buses/boats do not accept COPR papers as valid travel documents. They only accept PR cards as proof of your PR status in Canada. They have no access to your status of PR in Canada outside Canada. I hope this clears up your confusion.

Screech339