10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
over_jj said:
Congrats QuebecOkie !! Can't wait to hear more good news from your process !!
hn1234 said:
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! ***Put on my dancing shoes and doing a little congratulations dance for you**
Thanks so much, over_jj and hn1234! It was absolutely the most amazing news to receive after waiting over 10 months for AIP!!! I'm still kind of pinching myself, unable to believe my good fortune.

ECAS has already been updated with Decision Made. :eek: Since the AIP/DM came Friday, and yesterday was a holiday, it means it was updated the next business day. Impressive!

Line.a said:
I'm almost 7 months into the process. When would it be a good idea to do my medicals?
I did not do medical or police certificate at the time of application. (It wasn't a choice I knowingly made; I lose 20-40 IQ points every time I read the letters "CIC," and I just missed that I was supposed to do them.) I was stressing about whether to request stuff before CIC asked for those documents. I even called the call centre a couple of times. One rep said she couldn't advise me on whether to do medical/police before CIC asked for them. The other actually advised me NOT to do them, but rather to wait until CIC requested them.

I can't advise you on what to do. I can tell you that I'm very, very glad I did mine back in April, not quite six months after my app was received. Had I not completed medical and police certificates, my DM would definitely have been delayed, as I received DM at AIP. Had those documents not been in my file, I would have received AIP, then received a request from CIC to do medicals and send in my police certificate. It would have extended my process by at least a couple of months, if not much longer.

Note: My decision did cause confusion at the doctor's office. If you do an "up-front medical" before you send in your application, the doctor's office should provide the up-front medical form. If you don't do the exam before you send your app, you will later receive a request from CIC for your medical, and CIC will provide you with a form that includes your UCI number. I, of course, didn't have that form. My doc was pretty confused by what I was trying to do. I had to explain (several times) that I did, indeed, want to do an "up-front" medical exam, but that I had already submitted my application, so I needed to write my UCI number on the form. If you choose to do your medical before the request comes from CIC, I strongly suggest that you make sure to clearly note your UCI on the forms to try to ensure that the medical results make it to your file. We eventually got it figured out, though the doctor was careful to explain that, since I was doing things differently than either of the two normal ways of doing the medical (either truly up-front, or in response to CIC's request), he could in no way guarantee that CIC would be able to properly match my medical results to my file. So, I understood that I was taking a risk.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Oh right I see. Ahhh yeah because I'm almost 7 months into the process. I'm really not too worried about my DM being delayed as long as I can work as soon as possible. But I'm thinking I'd have to do the medical in about a months time. Shall I just wait for CIC to call me? I swear every time I get a mail that's in a brown envelope my stomach sinks to the bottom (I wear reading glasses) and don't always bring them when I get the mail and I get SO excited but only to find out its from revenue Canada LOL!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Working isn't an issue for me, as I won't be able to find a job here anyhow, at least not until I have a much better command of French. If you're not concerned with delaying DM (I NEEEEEEEEEED to go see my family and friends in the U.S., and we have a vacation scheduled with my Canadian family in March), then I'd probably just wait, as doing the medical now can add of confusion to the process.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
QuebecOkie said:
Working isn't an issue for me, as I won't be able to find a job here anyhow, at least not until I have a much better command of French. If you're not concerned with delaying DM (I NEEEEEEEEEED to go see my family and friends in the U.S., and we have a vacation scheduled with my Canadian family in March), then I'd probably just wait, as doing the medical now can add of confusion to the process.
Yeah I couldn't imagine how stressed you must have been about the vacation and what not. Now you can go and relax and drink some good wine and not think about CIC! :)

Yeah we don't have a whole lot planned. The more time I have to save when I start working the better. As long as it doesn't stretch all until December next year since we are going to Mexico for an all inclusive deal and then Denmark hopefully before that :)

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
Dear all Inland Applicants 2012,

It was a very happy opening to the week after our long weekend break! I finally received an email this morning from CIC this morning.

Quote "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status".

They also mentioned about the fees to be paid and that a decision will be made during my appointment with their officers.

So now continue to wait for them to schedule their appointment right?

What a relief though!

All our experienced applicants in this forum...can you advise what should be my next step? Pay the fees? Because they mentioned it can be paid online...and bring it along during my appointment? Should I pay it right away? Oh my god, I am still feeling excited, happy and nervous at the same time.

For those who have yet to receive any news, don't give up, really...your turn will come soon!

Cheers to all!
Dawn

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
dawnng said:
Dear all Inland Applicants 2012,

It was a very happy opening to the week after our long weekend break! I finally received an email this morning from CIC this morning.

Quote "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status".

They also mentioned about the fees to be paid and that a decision will be made during my appointment with their officers.

So now continue to wait for them to schedule their appointment right?

What a relief though!

All our experienced applicants in this forum...can you advise what should be my next step? Pay the fees? Because they mentioned it can be paid online...and bring it along during my appointment? Should I pay it right away? Oh my god, I am still feeling excited, happy and nervous at the same time.

For those who have yet to receive any news, don't give up, really...your turn will come soon!

Cheers to all!
Dawn
Congrats Dawn on getting your DM. If you haven't paid the fee already, you can pay it online. Keep the receipt as proof of payment. And wait for the letter of landing appointment from Scarborough.

I have updated the timesheets accordingly. Congrats.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
CONGRATS, Dawnng, on your DM! I just KNEW this was going to be a week of some good activity! Hopefully they keep on coming! CIC is finally awake again, it seems.

We just got DM, and we paid the RPR fee online. Super easy to do.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ahhh i am so happy for you guys!! i wish. i need to get out and work so we can start living a somewhat normal life again!! :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
There's still a possibility that CIC could mess around and cost me the March vacation. It's almost 6 months away, and I *should* be able to land and get my PR card in time, but if CIC lets me fall through the cracks anywhere, I'll still miss the trip. At least now there's HOPE! I wouldn't let myself even have that until now. :)

And there will definitely be good wine! My father-in-law is a gentleman of discriminating tastes. I do really enjoy some Spanish riojas/tempranillos (sp?), so hopefully I get to taste them in Spain.

Even if CIC messes something up, at least I know I'll be able to visit friends and family again in the foreseeable future. I've got friend in NY/NYC who would be a pretty reasonable drive over a long weekend. One of them is my best friend, chosen family at this point, and I can't wait until I can just drive down to NYC and spend time with him again!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
QuebecOkie said:
There's still a possibility that CIC could mess around and cost me the March vacation. It's almost 6 months away, and I *should* be able to land and get my PR card in time, but if CIC lets me fall through the cracks anywhere, I'll still miss the trip. At least now there's HOPE! I wouldn't let myself even have that until now. :)

And there will definitely be good wine! My father-in-law is a gentleman of discriminating tastes. I do really enjoy some Spanish riojas/tempranillos (sp?), so hopefully I get to taste them in Spain.

Even if CIC messes something up, at least I know I'll be able to visit friends and family again in the foreseeable future. I've got friend in NY/NYC who would be a pretty reasonable drive over a long weekend. One of them is my best friend, chosen family at this point, and I can't wait until I can just drive down to NYC and spend time with him again!
I wouldn't worry about it. You are likely to land long before your march trip to spain average days after DM for montreal office is about 38 days. And assuming you get PR card in 70 days time. You will have everything you need for your trip in March about 3.5-4 months after your DM.

Just make sure landing agent has your mailing address for PR card. If they didn't ask for address, remind them of PR card processing and want to make sure they have latest address. After 70 days call CIC to make sure your PR card is in order and processing.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Appreciate the info and advice! I fully expect to be okay for the March trip. HOWEVER, being a military wife, I've learned to not count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak. Helps keep me sane to remember that plans sometimes go awry, and be prepared for the worst while hoping for the best. 8)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
QuebecOkie said:
Appreciate the info and advice! I fully expect to be okay for the March trip. HOWEVER, being a military wife, I've learned to not count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak. Helps keep me sane to remember that plans sometimes go awry, and be prepared for the worst while hoping for the best. 8)
Yes you shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. You are worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. Don't fret over it and relax. Let the problem come to you and then deal with it.

Worst comes to worst, however unlikely, if you need to get a permanent resident travel document to come back to Canada from Spain, you would have to apply at the Embassy in France.

Screech339

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecOkie said:
This is how I confirmed the address for our PR Card.

I've heard so many stories about people getting their PR Cards delayed because the PR Card department didn't have a current address that I decided to double-check my husbands.

You can log on to the website here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

And then Check Your Application Status of the PR card.

I entered all my husband's information fully expecting them to have his current address, which is unchanged since he arrived in Canada nearly 5 years ago AND it was on all our forms and applications AND we also confirmed the address when he landed.

But it wasn't there!

So I submitted it as a "Change of Address" and ta-da! It's entered.

The card isn't due to arrive for another couple of weeks, but I now feel much more confident that they have our correct address.

Hope this helps!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
figtoria said:
This is how I confirmed the address for our PR Card.

I've heard so many stories about people getting their PR Cards delayed because the PR Card department didn't have a current address that I decided to double-check my husbands.

You can log on to the website here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

And then Check Your Application Status of the PR card.

I entered all my husband's information fully expecting them to have his current address, which is unchanged since he arrived in Canada nearly 5 years ago AND it was on all our forms and applications AND we also confirmed the address when he landed.

But it wasn't there!

So I submitted it as a "Change of Address" and ta-da! It's entered.

The card isn't due to arrive for another couple of weeks, but I now feel much more confident that they have our correct address.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info. That would greatly help those getting their initlal PR card. You could also easily call CIC to confirm address for PR card as well. Just hope it won't reset your wait to 6 weeks after submitting confirmed change of address online.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Not too stressed at the moment. Feeling pretty incredible. AIP would have made my week/month/maybe year. DM in the same day blew my mind. From "there's no way to know how long this will take. It could easily be more than a year until I can travel again," to, "HOLY CRAP! We'll probably be DONE in five months or so!"

Appreciate the PR card address advice, too!