October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
canadianthrower said:
Just getting depressed. Feels like they will never get to my November app. Tired of not being able to work, not being able to drive, and not being able to have a family. And thinking that now I won't be able to go back to the states next July (it was plenty of time when we originally planned our trip...20 months from application). At that point in time applications were taking 12-14 months to complete. It will be 9 months this month just for phase one. And IF phase one is completed before the year mark and IF second stage takes the stated 8 months to complete...that will put it right at the July mark. This has gotten beyond ridiculous.
The biggest hug I have for you -HUG-

Lets wait together. Lets keep each other company in the boat... I know its so hard....not knowing....and just being forced to stay in this limbo. I understand exactly how you feel....I miss my family back home in Sweden, like crazy....and am counting the days until I can hug them again. Miss my grown up kids so unbelievably much. I pray they hurry up and get going with our applications soooooon now....and help all of us.....NOOOOOOW

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
canadaeh1234 said:
Ohw I forgot to mention, on my second DM letter, VANCOUVER was bold and all caps.. the previous one is not.

why do you think?
Hi,
I have a question. I did not receive any letter saying I got DM and Vancouver office will contact me. The only thing I got is the email with Pdf attachment 2 months ago. Any input will be appreciated!

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
DaleandMonica said:
They wanted the court papers from my divorce I went through back in 1994. Even though they had the info about it in my Swedish Birth cert.

They received our app in June 2012. And just when we were expecting AIP, we got a letter from them stating they wanted the court papers.
This letter arrived to us in Dec 2012.
They received the court papers in Jan 2013
And started working with it in Feb 2013.

And now its past 6 months again.....so now the agents say we should get the AIP decision any day. So scary not understanding why they take so long with our app :'(

Gooood luck to you guys. Hope everything goes smoothly for you :) I wish you the best!!!
That's too bad.

In case of me, I remarried in Canada.
I sent my court paper to get the status that I could get married to my wife.
It wasn't for CIC, just ontario government - probably marriage related department.
I proved myself that I had no problem of international marriage because of the process..

I don't understand your case...and I hope CIC won't request additional document from you and me too..
Honestly I don't remember if I also sent the paper to CIC at this point. :(

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
lsj2767 said:
That's too bad.

In case of me, I remarried in Canada.
I sent my court paper to get the status that I could get married to my wife.
It wasn't for CIC, just ontario government - probably marriage related department.
I proved myself that I had no problem of international marriage because of the process..

I don't understand your case...and I hope CIC won't request additional document from you and me too..
Honestly I don't remember if I also sent the paper to CIC at this point. :(
I don't understand it either. The only thing I know, is that they wanted more proof of my old divorce.....even though they had the Swedish birth certificate, that clearly stated that I was divorced 1994 and from whom. But anyway....the Swedish court system sent us what they needed, so all is good there now. I also talked to an agent back in the spring..a few months after they received the court papers..and he said it said Favorable in our file. Favorable? Yes they have made a check on you Monica, and the outcome is favorable, so now they will start with Dale and the AIP. So strange I think. But he said it was the normal process. I then asked the agent:

But I thought they would check Dale (the sponsor) first....and give the AIP....and then check me.
But the agent explained that first they always do a check to see if the partner is able to be sponsored.....then they check the sponsor (AIP) and then they go back to the one being sponsored and do a deeper check into medical and crime history.....and then its over.....

I don't know if he was right.....but that's what he said....so confusing....

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
meowmeow said:
Hi,
I have a question. I did not receive any letter saying I got DM and Vancouver office will contact me. The only thing I got is the email with Pdf attachment 2 months ago. Any input will be appreciated!
hi i received an attachment too.. it says there that application has been completed and vancouver office will contact you. sounds like a dm.

with regard to school, have you talked to someone? which school are you going. im goingto ubc and i called them again today to clarify regarding my status, they told me i will be assessed as domestic. maybe because i dnt have previous student pemit. and i am unclassied student. i told her that my papers got approved and i am waiting for vancouver office to finalize my residency.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
DaleandMonica said:
But I thought they would check Dale (the sponsor) first....and give the AIP....and then check me.
But the agent explained that first they always do a check to see if the partner is able to be sponsored.....then they check the sponsor (AIP) and then they go back to the one being sponsored and do a deeper check into medical and crime history.....and then its over.....

Hi DaleandMonica,

Though I'm not sure about the processing, CIC says that:
Person to be sponsored lives in Canada
Step 1 — Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored
Step 2 — Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored
at the Processing times page.

So, I guess the agent was right. Otherwise, they should process our Step1 fast like Step1 of Oulside.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
de_to_ca said:
Hi,

I have applied for PR on May 7, 2012 and received AIP on Oct 16, 2012. I am now waiting for the DM. Since my WP and Multiple TRV are expiring on Sep 15, 2013, I am planning to apply for open work permit (OWP). I am curious if I can apply for multiple TRV once I have the OWP?

I will appreciate any response and your experience.

Thanks!!
I think it is pointless to apply for multiple TRV when you get/have OWP. Besides if you have a work permit and it's valid when you applied for PR sponsorship, then you would be on "implied status". In other words, you are still on implied work permit until PR process is done. While I don't think you even need to apply for OWP since you are implied work status. However I don't think it would hurt to apply for OWP after AIP.

Screech339

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
DaleandMonica said:
The biggest hug I have for you -HUG-

Lets wait together. Lets keep each other company in the boat... I know its so hard....not knowing....and just being forced to stay in this limbo. I understand exactly how you feel....I miss my family back home in Sweden, like crazy....and am counting the days until I can hug them again. Miss my grown up kids so unbelievably much. I pray they hurry up and get going with our applications soooooon now....and help all of us.....NOOOOOOW
Thanks for the hug. :) This is just so irritating. My friends and relatives keep asking when I'm going to come see them again, practically in tears on the phone. I don't even want to update anyone anymore because nothing changes. I keep getting asked if there is more I can do. Of course, nothing can be done until PAFSO and the government stop fighting. I have student loans to pay off that we can't afford on one income so they stay in deferrment until I can get a job. Who is going to recompense all of us for time and income lost due to this strike? And for the pain of delaying starting a family and not seeing family and friends we left behind?

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
sweetsher said:
I applied october 10,2012 and got aip in april 11,2013
How did you not get caught in the October 8th delay? You got AIP when the rest of us should have.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
I don't understand it either. The only thing I know, is that they wanted more proof of my old divorce.....even though they had the Swedish birth certificate, that clearly stated that I was divorced 1994 and from whom. But anyway....the Swedish court system sent us what they needed, so all is good there now. I also talked to an agent back in the spring..a few months after they received the court papers..and he said it said Favorable in our file. Favorable? Yes they have made a check on you Monica, and the outcome is favorable, so now they will start with Dale and the AIP. So strange I think. But he said it was the normal process. I then asked the agent:

@daleandmonica,

As for your birth certificate specifying your official divorce on it, the certificate is what it is, a registration of your birth. It is not techincally an official divorce papers. I think that is why CIC wanted more proof of your old divorce, despite your birth certificate saying so on it. It is possible, although not likely, for someone to keep an old birth certificate saying she/he is divorced and gotten married after the fact and submitted an old birth certificate saying they are divorce when they are in fact married. A recent court divorce papers would officically say you are divorced previously. I don't know sweden's rules/procedure/validity of birth certificates but I think that may be why CIC doesn't accept birth certificate as proof of divorce.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadianthrower said:
How did you not get caught in the October 8th delay? You got AIP when the rest of us should have.
There were 3 people who submitted their application past oct 8th and managed to get AIP. Sweetsher, um_dunno and hope786110. They got lucky and gotten their AIP before the 3 month deadlock on Oct 8th.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lsj2767 said:
One good thing for you is you will have full PR.
In case of me, 2 years unless I and my wife have a baby :)
Since you did not have a baby together before and at time of application submittal, you could not list the baby as dependents in the application. So even if you have gotten a baby before your PR is granted, the 2 year conditional rule still applies.

Really though, you really can't make any baby plans until after you get AIP which you can use to apply for provincal health coverage. Otherwise if you have a baby before getting any health coverage, you would be on the hook for thousands of dollars to deliver a baby without coverage. Assuming here, of course, that the applicant is a woman. If the sponsor is pregnant, then it is not an issue, as sponsor would have health coverage anyway.

Screech339

hazard

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Hi screech. Today I called the cic centre and the agent told me my file was transferred to my local cic office which is etobicoke. I forgot to ask if a decision was made
I applied in January 2012 and I received AIP in November of 2012. After a long wait I called cic in June 2013 and after 3 weeks my file was transferred to Vancouver backlog reduction office. Now it is transferred to cic etobicoke near where I live. What do you think is next.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
I think it is pointless to apply for multiple TRV when you get/have OWP.
The purpose of the TRV would be to permit the holder to return to Canada if she or he were to leave for some reason. If the OP is not planning on traveling, the TRV is not necessary.