jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hazard said:
I did order Foss notes two weeks ago. I will get it by the end of august. Hopefully I'll get an idea
It's most likely something simple like identity verification , I remember reading a post here about the same thing.

hazard

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Yeah. I got AIP in November 2012. In June my file was transferred to vancouver. Then today the agent at the call centre told me my file was transferred to vancouver for further verification.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
screech339 said:
@ daleandmonica,

As for your birth certificate specifying your official divorce on it, the certificate is what it is, a registration of your birth. It is not techincally an official divorce papers. I think that is why CIC wanted more proof of your old divorce, despite your birth certificate saying so on it. It is possible, although not likely, for someone to keep an old birth certificate saying she/he is divorced and gotten married after the fact and submitted an old birth certificate saying they are divorce when they are in fact married. A recent court divorce papers would officically say you are divorced previously. I don't know sweden's rules/procedure/validity of birth certificates but I think that may be why CIC doesn't accept birth certificate as proof of divorce.

Screech339
I don't think they thought it was enough proof either. THe Swedish birth cert isn't anything like yours here in Canada. Its more a document with information and is printed out by the Swedish tax government. In Swedish its called personal evidence. And on that document everything is stated. It shows who my parents was and when they were born. It shows who I am and my personal Swedish number. Is shows what Swedish address Im written on. It shows if Im married and to whom. And if Im divorced and from whom and when we got married and when the divorce took place. It shows my children's name and there birth dates. So this personal evidence states lots. And is always orders every time we need one. So it states the date, when it was printed. And my was printed and sent to me when I ordered the documents for our application. But I think Immigration Canada wanted the separate document of my old divorce. And that is totally okay. The strange and sad thing is that they requested it so late in the process. Now we just want to get the AIP, so we can get to feel like we are on our way at least. Its been such a long time waiting :'(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
I don't think they thought it was enough proof either. THe Swedish birth cert isn't anything like yours here in Canada. Its more a document with information and is printed out by the Swedish tax government. In Swedish its called personal evidence. And on that document everything is stated. It shows who my parents was and when they were born. It shows who I am and my personal Swedish number. Is shows what Swedish address Im written on. It shows if Im married and to whom. And if Im divorced and from whom and when we got married and when the divorce took place. It shows my children's name and there birth dates. So this personal evidence states lots. And is always orders every time we need one. So it states the date, when it was printed. And my was printed and sent to me when I ordered the documents for our application. But I think Immigration Canada wanted the separate document of my old divorce. And that is totally okay. The strange and sad thing is that they requested it so late in the process. Now we just want to get the AIP, so we can get to feel like we are on our way at least. Its been such a long time waiting :'(
Just curious here now. Now that you are married to Dale, I am going to assume you plan on updating the swedish document declaring your now married, to whom, and canadian address. Is that possible?

We had to do this for my wife to update her married status in Albania. They call it a family certificate but it is only good for 3 months period. You would be required to get a new certificate anytime you need it for government IDs I think. This was an important step as it would allow us to give Albanian citizenship to our kids. We wouldn't be able to do this without the first step of updating wife's marriage status in Albania.

Can your future children get swedish citizenship based on your citizenship?

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
@daleandmonica,

I just looked up your sweden citizenship laws. Apparently only swedish mothers can pass on swedish citizenship outside sweden. Swedish fathers cannot pass along citizenship until he married the non-swedish mother outside sweden.

Interesting.

Screech339

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
screech339 said:
Just curious here now. Now that you are married to Dale, I am going to assume you plan on updating the swedish document declaring your now married, to whom, and canadian address. Is that possible?

We had to do this for my wife to update her married status in Albania. They call it a family certificate but it is only good for 3 months period. You would be required to get a new certificate anytime you need it for government IDs I think. This was an important step as it would allow us to give Albanian citizenship to our kids. We wouldn't be able to do this without the first step of updating wife's marriage status in Albania.

Can your future children get swedish citizenship based on your citizenship?

Screech339
The personal evidence can is ordered the day I need one. That's how it works. Just as you say, they don't last long and is ordered if they are needed for anything. And if I need one in the future, they would ask me if anything happened in my personal situation and then I would say yes :) and then they would ask for a copy of our marriage license...and I would send it and that would be it. :) But I don't think I will need a personal evidence in near future. But if I did, it wouldn't be any problems. If I order one, they send it within a day. And its enough if I give them a call, and they would send the day after at the latest. (except if I this time would send my marriage cert first) But they would send the personal evidence the same day they get the copy. So its no waiting time to get one. :)

Dale and I have no future kids planned......we are waiting for my kids back home in Sweden to become parents, so we can become grand parents instead lol Dale and I are soon to be 50, so the time for kids were earlier in our life's :D

So as I see it, I won't need a personal evidence again, for years. Not until I became a Citizen or need a new passport....and that is yeeeeeeears down the line :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
The personal evidence can is ordered the day I need one. That's how it works. Just as you say, they don't last long and is ordered if they are needed for anything. And if I need one in the future, they would ask me if anything happened in my personal situation and then I would say yes :) and then they would ask for a copy of our marriage license...and I would send it and that would be it. :) But I don't think I will need a personal evidence in near future. But if I did, it wouldn't be any problems. If I order one, they send it within a day. And its enough if I give them a call, and they would send the day after at the latest. (except if I this time would send my marriage cert first) But they would send the personal evidence the same day they get the copy. So its no waiting time to get one. :)

Dale and I have no future kids planned......we are waiting for my kids back home in Sweden to become parents, so we can become grand parents instead lol Dale and I are soon to be 50, so the time for kids were earlier in our life's :D

So as I see it, I won't need a personal evidence again, for years. Not until I became a Citizen or need a new passport....and that is yeeeeeeears down the line :D
I suppose your older kids will not be able to be granted Canadian citizenship on account of being stepchildren to Dale. Ha ha ha. Although you can sponsor them if they ever choose to move to Canada.

Screech339

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
screech339 said:
@ daleandmonica,

I just looked up your sweden citizenship laws. Apparently only swedish mothers can pass on swedish citizenship outside sweden. Swedish fathers cannot pass along citizenship until he married the non-swedish mother outside sweden.

Interesting.

Screech339
Yes you are right. Its the same inside Sweden. If a child is born to a Swedish woman that is not married.....the kid always become Swedish.....even if the father lives with his girlfriend and his child and he's not Swedish. But if they are married, the child become the same citizen as the father. So lets say:

Mother is from Norway....living together with a Swedish father....without being married.....they have a child.....the child will become Norwegian citizen.

Norwegian mother then marry the Swedish father, and they get one more child.....then second child becomes Swedish.....but the first child still remains Norwegian.

But if the Norwegian mother applies to become Swedish citizen, the her children automatic become Swedish too, if they are under the age of 18 when she applies. :)

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
screech339 said:
I suppose your older kids will not be able to be granted Canadian citizenship on account of being stepchildren to Dale. Ha ha ha. Although you can sponsor them if they ever choose to move to Canada.

Screech339
I wish :D But my children will and want to stay put in Sweden. So it will be Dale and I who travel when all this is over. The freedom between Sweden and Canada is so great.....so we can go back and forth when we want and stay for months without visas and such, when all this is over. Oh I can't wait :D It will be so much fun to show Dale around and let him enjoy my home country too :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
Yes you are right. Its the same inside Sweden. If a child is born to a Swedish woman that is not married.....the kid always become Swedish.....even if the father lives with his girlfriend and his child and he's not Swedish. But if they are married, the child become the same citizen as the father. So lets say:

Mother is from Norway....living together with a Swedish father....without being married.....they have a child.....the child will become Norwegian citizen.

Norwegian mother then marry the Swedish father, and they get one more child.....the second child becomes Swedish.....but the first child still remains Norwegian.

But if the Norwegian mother applies to become Swedish citizen, the her children automatic become Swedish too, if they are under the age of 18 when she applies. :)
Well you know the rules more than me. However according to wiki sweden nationality law, it said under legitigation (spelled wrong here). The swedish father can pass the citizenship to child so long as he married a non-swedish before child turned 18. If he had a child out of wedlock. The child can get citizenship when the father married the non-swedish before turning 18.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Screech339

hazard

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Hey screech. I called my lawyer and he said the Vancouver backlog reduction office doesn't make decision so they transferred it to my local cic office for final stage processing.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
screech339 said:
Well you know the rules more than me. However according to wiki sweden nationality law, it said under legitigation (spelled wrong here). The swedish father can pass the citizenship to child so long as he married a non-swedish before child turned 18. If he had a child out of wedlock. The child can get citizenship when the father married the non-swedish before turning 18.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Screech339
You are right :) That way work too. He just have to apply. ANd those applications is way way more easy then the applications we gone through here. Its more like just one document you have to fill in and send in....and its handled fast.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hazard said:
Hey screech. I called my lawyer and he said the Vancouver backlog reduction office doesn't make decision so they transferred it to my local cic office for final stage processing.
That's a bit of relief for you. However I would have thought Vegreville offices gets the make the "Decision Made" part before transferring it to local CIC.

Screech339

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
hazard said:
Oh that sounds so hopeful :D So happy for you :) Best best of luck to you