AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
I am not saying we should raise flags and start patting CIC agents on their shoulders for moving the date to October 12, all am saying is that atleast it is a movement. If its gonna stuck on Oct 12 for another 20 weeks then I can see reasons for frustration but who knows, maybe next week it might move again.

And I never said ppl don't have the right to be frustrated... be frustrated!! All am saying its nice to see there's a movement so be a lil happy for that. But then again I am me and you are you!!! No love lost....

Its pretty obvious to me that CIC was dealing with apps sent on Oct 8 and earlier, after all they were only giving out DMs not AIPs. Frankly I was surprise to see a change but now I have a lil hope just a little.....

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
I applied PR in November last year.

The law changed at the end of Oct last year - I think Oct 25th.
and government only gives 2 years conditional PR to spouses.
It's just my guess.
Many people applied before the change + marriage fraud cases.
That's why the process is stuck in Oct and it's vacation season...

In case of me, I may report my marriage relationship in 2 years
or I and my wife should have a baby.

We actually postpone our baby plan.
I just need work permit so that we can have a baby!!!

sierra222

Jul 27, 2013
Is letter for landing interview addressed to sponsor or applicant? Does every inland sponsored applicant have a landing interview? I have read of so many different timelines for letter for landing interview after status changes to DM - can it really take months after the status changes to get landing ingterview? Thanks so much for any info, we have waited since Jan of 2012 to get to DM on permanent residence and we would like to go to family reunion in the states at end of Sept.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hn1234 said:
I have a valid work permit and multiple-entry visa (valid till Sept 2013) I have been chicken *censored word* to leave Canada ever since I applied for spousal inland application.

If refused entry, I'm screwed!!
Note: you would still have the right to challenge the refusal. It's rare for anyone to do so, but in a case of an inland applicant refused re-entry without good reason the impact is sufficiently high that review of such a decision is likely to be granted.

Refusals are generally made not because someone has a "bad day" but rather because there is an issue. For example, if you have an identity issue or they think you have a criminality issue. CBSA does refuse people, but they do so based upon some rational basis - they need to have grounds for doing so. They can fabricate such grounds (they have fairly broad latitude) but they ALL know the impact of refusing an inland applicant the ability to return.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
The reason I say that you can get away from going to US and coming back into Canada is that there are some people that posted that they have been able to enter US and back into Canada a few times with Inland Process in play. The big thing is that they have US visa to enter and work visa to come back into Canada. Canada Border Agents, I believe, tends to be willing to overlook this slight of rule breaking if you have a work permit, between US and Canada and it is a one time thing. Just don't make a habit out of it as your entries are recorded. I believe Sweetsher just came back from Jamaica recently and she has a OWP. If she didn't have a OWP, she may have more difficulty in convincing agent to come back in.
IRPR Section 190(3)(f) says:

(3) A foreign national is exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa if they are seeking to enter and remain in Canada solely
(f) to re-enter Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, if they
(i) held a study permit or a work permit that was issued before they left Canada on such a visit or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident, and
(ii) return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it;
Thus, someone with a work permit (including an OWP) or study permit should be allowed to return to Canada after a visit to the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon, without requiring a TRV.

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've got a multiple re-entry Canadian visa (TRV), a US visa and an OWP with a job and it hasn't been any problems for me to travel to the US and back to Canada. I've been going to the States 3-4 times this year while my PR application is in process and nothing has gone wrong. The Canadian officers just looked at the entry visa, and work permit and let us go. However, i've always prepared to bring all the documents with me just in case they ask for it such as my employer's letter, declaration of common-law union, though they've never once asked to see them. I'm writing this because it seems some people have doubt and fear of leaving Canada to go on vacation somewhere else. I think it shouldn't be any problems as long as you've got all the valid required documents when you get back. There would be no reason to stop you from entering Canada.
CHeers,

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a note on top of my previous post, OWP alone doesn't guarantee your re-entry into Canada (it's also said on the OWP if you read closely), thus you must also obtain a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) in order to do that UNLESS you're from a visa exempt country. It's quite simple to apply for TRV, here is the link if anybody needs it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
neyuli said:
Just a note on top of my previous post, OWP alone doesn't guarantee your re-entry into Canada (it's also said on the OWP if you read closely), thus you must also obtain a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) in order to do that UNLESS you're from a visa exempt country. It's quite simple to apply for TRV, here is the link if anybody needs it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp
Or you have made a trip to the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon.

See IRPR Section 190(3)(f)

(3) A foreign national is exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa if they are seeking to enter and remain in Canada solely
(f) to re-enter Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, if they
(i) held a study permit or a work permit that was issued before they left Canada on such a visit or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident, and
(ii) return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it;
I realize this won't apply to everyone, but it is very clearly spelled out in the Regulations (IRPR = Immigraiton and Refugee Protection Regulations, which differ from IRPA, which is the underlying law - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess you're right. I've just found a link though i don't know if Post-graduation work permit is any different than OWP in terms of its privilege:
http://www.students.ubc.ca/international/international-students/working/post-graduation-work-permits/
It says "TRAVEL DURING THE POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT PERIOD
We encourage you to apply for the post-graduation work permit online before you travel.

If you must leave Canada after your application has been submitted, plan to have a friend receive your application (it must be mailed to a Canadian address) and send it to you abroad. That way, you can re-enter Canada with your work permit. You can also use your work permit if you have to apply for a TRV (temporary resident visa) abroad.

Travelling on a post-graduation work permit is different than travelling on a study permit. You may exit and re-enter Canada during the period of your post-graduation work permit. However, you must always carry proof of your current situation when you travel, as border officials often ask to see proof of your status when you are travelling on a work permit. If you are from a country that requires a TRV, you will still need to have a valid TRV in order to re-enter Canada. However, if you are ONLY travelling between Canada and the continental United States, you will not require a TRV to re-enter Canada. For a list of countries requiring a TRV, please check the CIC website.

The same proof will be needed when you apply for a TRV (temporary resident visa) if one is required for you to return to Canada.

PROOF OF YOUR CURRENT SITUATION
If you have a job in Canada:
carry an official letter from your employer, stating your duties, wage and dates of employment. If your job pays less than $10,000/year, you must also carry proof of funds (a bank statement) showing that between your salary and your savings (or your family savings) you have at least $10,000 available to support yourself in Canada.
If you do not have a job in Canada:
carry proof of funds in the amount of $10,000 available for your support this year (a bank statement or a copy of your parent's bank statement)
carry proof that you are going to try to get a job in Canada, such as copy of your resume and any emails or cover letters you have sent out recently to apply for jobs"

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Karito said:
Yes no doubt about it, send it, I would like to send one too, I just called and an awful lady who was just trying to get rid of me, told me that I have to wait 6 months I asked if my file is already in vancouver she said when vegreville sent me DM at the same time they sent it o vancouver office, then I said how come some ppl getting DM after me had appt schedule already , she didn't even let me finish my question and with an irritated voice said cases are different so not compare to any other cases (what a moron) right appt landing are the same for everybody.

Ok I just need to complain a bit lol , could you please tell me , how did u sent the letter? Email? Snail mail? And address ?

Thanks
i faxed them a letter this morning at 604-666-6168. and address is unit 200-877 expo blvd, vancouver bc v6b 8p8. i sent also a letter through fedex along with documents i have received from cic vegreville for reference.

the agent i was talking to was very informative and helpful

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
So they say they are working on Oct 12th now? Oooooo then we should know the answer for first stage now???? They started our app Oct 9th. I checked or file online.....but it still doesn't say anything. Ooooo I get so nervous now.....been such a long wait....just as its been for all of us in this forum. But God I get so nervous now when we are so close....to stage 1 at least..... Anyone in here who is between 8 and 12th Oct, who got news yet?

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@daleandmonica

I'm confused by your post! When did you guys submit your application?

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
DaleandMonica said:
So they say they are working on Oct 12th now? Oooooo then we should know the answer for first stage now???? They started our app Oct 9th. I checked or file online.....but it still doesn't say anything. Ooooo I get so nervous now.....been such a long wait....just as its been for all of us in this forum. But God I get so nervous now when we are so close....to stage 1 at least..... Anyone in here who is between 8 and 12th Oct, who got news yet?
When did they receive your application? On October 09 you got your AOR but they are working on applications that were received on October 12 not on those who got AOR.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Ohhhh.....then I am the confused one :D I'm so nervous right now....we will get our Stage 1 decision now the 5th of August, we were told last time we talked to an agent. So my thinking isn't really clear right now. It's a little all over the place lol Thank you guys for making it a little clearer again