+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

sierra222

Jul 27, 2013
I can't remember where I read it, it seems there are so many different places to find info. I am hoping that because they can't refuse me based on medical and because I have been in Canada since June 1010 that they decided it wasn't necessary. I am wondering how long to wait for notification of landing interview - we have received everything by email so far - will that come as email too? Also, how do people get through on the help line to Canada immigration - I always get a recording saying the lines are too busy, try again later.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sierra222 said:
I can't remember where I read it, it seems there are so many different places to find info. I am hoping that because they can't refuse me based on medical and because I have been in Canada since June 1010 that they decided it wasn't necessary. I am wondering how long to wait for notification of landing interview - we have received everything by email so far - will that come as email too? Also, how do people get through on the help line to Canada immigration - I always get a recording saying the lines are too busy, try again later.
So far 99% of the time, local CIC send a landing appointment via smail mail. So keep an eye out for your letter in the mail.

Screech339

hazard

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
I got AIP back in November. File was transferred to Vancouver although I live in Toronto. Today I called cic and the agent told me they are now working on my daughters medical who is a non accompanying dependent. Does that mean I'll get DM soon

Jul 28, 2013
Hi Screech339,

To update the spreadsheet -
The Sponsored applicant's country of origin is: India
Canadian city of residence: Toronto

Unfortunately, I could not send you a PM.

Thanks!

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
canadaeh1234 said:
To Whom It May Concern,
Hi, there! Good Day. I am an applicant for permanent resident under family sponsorship class. I submitted my application along with my Open Work Permit last June 6, 2012. I have received the first stage approval and Open Work Permit, last Dec. 5 2012. Also, I did my medicals last Dec. 10, 2012 and the physician forwarded it to CIC. In March, 2013 I paid my right of permanent residence fee and in April 9, 2013 I got a decision made letter that says that my application was completed and that local office will contact me.
I also sent in an extension last June 30, 2013 for my Open Work Permit so I will have a valid status here in Canada and it was approved last July 30, 2013.
However, it's been almost 4 months already but no one contacted me yet. How come? I kept calling the call center of CIC but agents keep telling me different answers each time. Yesterday, when I called an agent told me that the reason why I have not been giving an appointment date because my Confirmation of Permanent Resident has expired already. And then I got very confuse. In my mind, why no one contacted me before it has expired? And she said that CIC Vegreville will issue another one so I can land. Aside from that they received a new passport, so that's okay. Today, I called again and see if Vegreville issued a new COPR, to my surprise I was told that new COPR has not been issued yet and my file has not been transferred yet. With that I was very disappointed because she said that I have to wait again for another 5-6 months. And my wait from April 9, 2013 until now has been a waste because I was not able to land and I have to wait for another COPR. It's like I have been given false hopes. I called in to talk to another agent so I can verify the information because the previous one that I talked to made me more even confused. And thankfully, the agent that I talked to was informative and helpful. She told me that I was issued a COPR last April 9, 2013 but I have not received it so Vancouver office didn't contact me, it didn't make any sense to me at all because I kept calling the CIC Call center for the past few months and no one informed me about COPR being sent to me and me not receiving it because if I have known earlier I would not hoped so much that my application is almost done.
I am writing to you hoping that I will be able to get correct answers to my query. Can you please inform me of what is really happening to my file? The only thing that is clear to me is that it was approved last April 9, 2013, CIC received a new passport, and COPR issued last April 9, 2013 didn't arrive to me.
I know you are a busy office and you are doing your best to finish all the applications, it's just that I was told by the agent to contact you directly because CIC will be the best to contact to get right answers.
I want to know what is really happening to my file, if you can guide me with this, I will really appreciate your response.
Thanks so much. Hope to hear from you soon.

**I will send a letter to CIC Vancouver because the agent suggested it for me to get right answers, do you think it's a good idea? or just wait?

**I don't want to wait again for nothing.
I support you send it out asap. Sometimes they are not really "working" and it's better to do sth to tell them the situation at least. Fingers crossed for you!!!

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
I found it ridiculous to see people from 2012/2013 forums complaining about the date being changed from Oct 8 to Oct 12. If CIC didn't change it then everyone will say " October 8 AGAIN". At least there's a movement.

Remember guys I posted some info some time ago mentioning that I believe CIC will start giving out AIP around August 22 to applicants who applied late October well I think late October applicants will start receiving their AIP around August 22 or little later. Keeping fingers crossed xxx

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
goldmoon said:
I found it ridiculous to see people from 2012/2013 forums complaining about the date being changed from Oct 8 to Oct 12. If CIC didn't change it then everyone will say " October 8 AGAIN". At least there's a movement.

Remember guys I posted some info some time ago mentioning that I believe CIC will start giving out AIP around August 22 to applicants who applied late October well I think late October applicants will start receiving their AIP around August 22 or little later. Keeping fingers crossed xxx
Well everybody has their right to be frustrated, no matter when we sent off our apps.

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
may i ask whether i need to go to the border and then return to Canada again after I attend the landing appointment? I heard different versions from friends and other applicants. Just to make sure I will be on the right track in case CIC staff doesnt give me any reminders at that time.

I know it takes 6-8 weeks to receive PR card though.

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
canadaeh1234 said:
To Whom It May Concern,
Hi, there! Good Day. I am an applicant for permanent resident under family sponsorship class. I submitted my application along with my Open Work Permit last June 6, 2012. I have received the first stage approval and Open Work Permit, last Dec. 5 2012. Also, I did my medicals last Dec. 10, 2012 and the physician forwarded it to CIC. In March, 2013 I paid my right of permanent residence fee and in April 9, 2013 I got a decision made letter that says that my application was completed and that local office will contact me.
I also sent in an extension last June 30, 2013 for my Open Work Permit so I will have a valid status here in Canada and it was approved last July 30, 2013.
However, it's been almost 4 months already but no one contacted me yet. How come? I kept calling the call center of CIC but agents keep telling me different answers each time. Yesterday, when I called an agent told me that the reason why I have not been giving an appointment date because my Confirmation of Permanent Resident has expired already. And then I got very confuse. In my mind, why no one contacted me before it has expired? And she said that CIC Vegreville will issue another one so I can land. Aside from that they received a new passport, so that's okay. Today, I called again and see if Vegreville issued a new COPR, to my surprise I was told that new COPR has not been issued yet and my file has not been transferred yet. With that I was very disappointed because she said that I have to wait again for another 5-6 months. And my wait from April 9, 2013 until now has been a waste because I was not able to land and I have to wait for another COPR. It's like I have been given false hopes. I called in to talk to another agent so I can verify the information because the previous one that I talked to made me more even confused. And thankfully, the agent that I talked to was informative and helpful. She told me that I was issued a COPR last April 9, 2013 but I have not received it so Vancouver office didn't contact me, it didn't make any sense to me at all because I kept calling the CIC Call center for the past few months and no one informed me about COPR being sent to me and me not receiving it because if I have known earlier I would not hoped so much that my application is almost done.
I am writing to you hoping that I will be able to get correct answers to my query. Can you please inform me of what is really happening to my file? The only thing that is clear to me is that it was approved last April 9, 2013, CIC received a new passport, and COPR issued last April 9, 2013 didn't arrive to me.
I know you are a busy office and you are doing your best to finish all the applications, it's just that I was told by the agent to contact you directly because CIC will be the best to contact to get right answers.
I want to know what is really happening to my file, if you can guide me with this, I will really appreciate your response.
Thanks so much. Hope to hear from you soon.

**I will send a letter to CIC Vancouver because the agent suggested it for me to get right answers, do you think it's a good idea? or just wait?

**I don't want to wait again for nothing.

Yes no doubt about it, send it, I would like to send one too, I just called and an awful lady who was just trying to get rid of me, told me that I have to wait 6 months I asked if my file is already in vancouver she said when vegreville sent me DM at the same time they sent it o vancouver office, then I said how come some ppl getting DM after me had appt schedule already , she didn't even let me finish my question and with an irritated voice said cases are different so not compare to any other cases (what a moron) right appt landing are the same for everybody.

Ok I just need to complain a bit lol , could you please tell me , how did u sent the letter? Email? Snail mail? And address ?

Thanks

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
i hope you will hear from the local office soon.

(I did call CIC and 3 agents told me I got to wait for 5-6 months after I got DM by email, and i did accept the cruel truth, however, it was a surprise again when i got the appointment letter before the expected date... so don't think too much, BUT i support making a complaint!!!!!!) you hv the right to speak it up!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ichbinella said:
may i ask whether i need to go to the border and then return to Canada again after I attend the landing appointment? I heard different versions from friends and other applicants. Just to make sure I will be on the right track in case CIC staff doesnt give me any reminders at that time.

I know it takes 6-8 weeks to receive PR card though.
You don't need to leave canada after landing. Once you land at local office. You officially become PR. You only need to wait for PR card in order to travel back to canada via commerial bus; train or airlines.

Screech339

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Call me ungrateful if you will but this movement from October 8 to 12 is gutter crap. It takes them over 20 weeks to deal with October 8,9,10 and 11. Twenty plus long weeks to deal with 4 days. Let's not congratulate them lest they feel they're doing something good. Is it another 20 weeks to move to October 16?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
jiggyzealous said:
Call me ungrateful if you will but this movement from October 8 to 12 is gutter crap. It takes them over 20 weeks to deal with October 8,9,10 and 11. Twenty plus long weeks to deal with 4 days. Let's not congratulate them lest they feel they're doing something good. Is it another 20 weeks to move to October 16?
I sure hope not!!

NooMay.2011

Sep 30, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-08-2013
Rusty53 said:
Noomay.2011 What city are you in. My wife is Thai and we have landed but are still waiting for PR card to arrive.
I am in Vancouver :)

gimmeThatPR

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
I applied in september last year for a spousal sponsorship under as I have been in common-law with my spouse....

They were not satisfied with the documents we sent them and so they requested more documents and we sent them NOA and house lease

And they were still not satisfied and wanted more proofs that we have been living together atleast one year before we applied.

And we dont have any such bills or contracts to show.... But I sent them like 10 declarations today from friends and my parents

as well as few restaurants where we used to go very often .... I am just hoping it works ....And we get the first approval....

Else I will have to do it all again..... :( ....

I sent them the documents today when should I expect a reply since they are already processing our case?? Any ideas?