+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

hazard

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
I got AIP but no DM in vegreville. My file was transferred to Vancouver for further assessment. What is next for me

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (sent from Calgary)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012 Open Work Permit?

Jamesdavid3 said:
Why doesn't you're work permit last very long?

I understand when you apply for a Open Work Permit at the same time of your application the Work Permit is supposed to last until you have your PR?
I should've added more info on my status.

I graduated post-secondary in Canada. I was holding a 3 years of open work permit before I applied Family Class Sponsorship, and it's expiring Nov 2013.

I wasn't thinking about my work permit when I applied PR.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
waitingsincedec said:
Oh sorry, I am In Edmonton. But check the web page because they have this kind of clinics everywhere, just call them. I went to one in Red Deer too.

About the applications, right now is a big mess. My MP office told us that CIC is way behind schedule. And in my case for example that I want to study it is better for me to send the application outland (to Los Angeles) because that is the only way they can assess my Study Permit without being attached to AIP.

Your OWP is attached to AIP so... you might have to wait. For me the Restoration of status (visitor) took like 4 months so maybe it is not worthed for you since they should give you at least AIP soon enough.

... i just saw that your app was received in Feb, so maybe you could consider sending the restoration. Again CIC is way behind schedule. And they are not helpful at all. They even sent me a letter saying what I should do to get Study Permit and now after 7 months Thanks to MP office I know they were wrong and I have lost all this time.
Yeah I'm aware of the backlog, I've been unemployed for 6 months now and I'm beyond fed up with it. But since we are hanging in there (barely) money wise I am more concerned about my implied status. I've been told that if we include an OWP along with an inland app we automatically get implied status. I found it peculiar they only gave me 4 months when I extended my stay.. Ugh I find it all so confusing sometimes haha!!

Did you just send off your app?

Jul 21, 2013
Edmonton
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
Line.a said:
Yeah I'm aware of the backlog, I've been unemployed for 6 months now and I'm beyond fed up with it. But since we are hanging in there (barely) money wise I am more concerned about my implied status. I've been told that if we include an OWP along with an inland app we automatically get implied status. I found it peculiar they only gave me 4 months when I extended my stay.. Ugh I find it all so confusing sometimes haha!!

Did you just send off your app?

Yes we have implied status but seriously... what does it really does for us? I can not get my hubby´s benefits nor health care (in AB) so.... I really do not see any benefit. And yeap I received very short extension too. But I am sending another app for extension because the registry told as that it is valid only while the visa is valid. I read someone who got 3 months extension of health care after expired visa but I don´t know where he/she was from.

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
I just received a letter for an interview on 7th Aug.... :D

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
I got a 3 month extension on the Alberta health after my 6 month visitor visa expired. Didn't help me though unfortunately since there is still no word on AIP.

sunbrey

Feb 18, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Interview........
Final Interview 10-18-2013
Statement by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers: PAFSO Responds to Government's Conditional Acceptance of Arbitration

[Ottawa – July 24, 2013] This morning, PAFSO sent a letter to the President of the Treasury Board. The correspondence addresses the conditions which the Government is seeking to attach to its acceptance of binding arbitration.

While we would have preferred to initiate the arbitration process without preconditions, PAFSO is committed to finding a reasonable and responsible way forward which will allow for a full and fair hearing of arguments from both sides – an objective we are sure the Government shares.

We await the Government's response. Until the conditions for arbitration are resolved, there will be no change in PAFSO’s job action measures.

PAFSO will update our members, the general public, and the media once we have more information to share.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once step further. Sounds like they are willing to discuss the terms from the Gov ... i'm thinking another week before we hear back from the Gov. Hopefully they state that the arbitration is accepted.

MAKE YOUR POSTS AND SEND YOUR EMAILS NOW!! THIS IS THE TIME TO PUT THE PRESSURE ON TO GET THIS RESOLVED ... FACEBOOK, TWITTER, EMAIL AND CALL YOU MP TOMORROW!!

Tell them what you are going through, make them aware and they will move forward. If they don't feel any pressure from the people they have no reason to move forward and will sit on it.

Believe it or not !! One call x 1000 is a lot of calls! This is time to do it! Tell others to pick up the phone and make a call as well!

God Bless & May all your dreams come true!

Mhalik

Dec 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Quote from: lyzby on July 24, 2013, 12:47:23 pm
Eligible for Health Card from Date PR application fee paid!

New poster here for spousal in-country permanent residency application in Nova Scotia. Application received: Sep 10, 2012; Notified to resubmit IMM5669 in December and immediately resubmitted; Jul 23, 2013 received email notification that I "meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident" and separately, that spouse meets requirements.

Yesterday's notice required that I submit a new medical exam (my first one was on Jul 16, 2012--I was told by panel doctor's office today that it expires after a year).

What was news to me was that the doctor's office said that I was eligible for a health card from the date I paid my application fee (Sep 6, 2012). I called Nova Scotia MSI, and the person I spoke to immediately took my information and is sending me the application form to complete, and said that my health card initial date would be backdated to the date I paid my application fee.

IS THE HEALTH CARD ISSUE HERE APPLICABLE IN ONTARIO ? Would be very glad if it is .

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
below is the eligibility for OHIP in ontario.. i wish it was the same as the forgin workers spouse / or child.
Its unfari as canadians we pay taxes, and yet our spouses need to wait for their work permit, but the forgin workers spouses are able obtain a work permit / ohip right way.
I just think thats unfair..

OHIP Eligibility
Am I eligible for Ontario health insurance coverage?
You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

•you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or landed immigrant, or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;
•you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada ;
•you have applied for a grant of citizenship under section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act (Canada), and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship (i.e., children adopted internationally by Canadian citizens);
•you are a "protected person" - i.e. a Convention Refugee or a person in need of protection;
•you are a foreign worker who holds a valid work permit or other document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) permitting you to work in Canada, and you also have a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer's name, your occupation, and confirmation that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;
•you are a member of the clergy who is legally entitled to stay in Canada and will be providing services to a religious congregation in Ontario for at least six months;
•you hold a Temporary Resident Permit with case type 80 (for adoption only), 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 or 95;
•you are the spouse, or dependent child (under 22 years old or 22 years and over if dependent due to a mental or physical disability) of an OHIP-eligible member of the clergy or OHIP-eligible foreign worker;
•you hold a valid work permit under the federal Live-in Caregiver Program;
•you hold a valid work permit under the federal Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program;
And
•you make your primary place of residence in Ontario; and generally,
•you are in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately following the date you establish residence in Ontario (you cannot be absent for more than 30 days during the first 6 months of residence); and
•you are in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
nrajani_99 said:
below is the eligibility for OHIP in ontario.. i wish it was the same as the forgin workers spouse / or child.
Its unfari as canadians we pay taxes, and yet our spouses need to wait for their work permit, but the forgin workers spouses are able obtain a work permit / ohip right way.
I just think thats unfair..

OHIP Eligibility
Am I eligible for Ontario health insurance coverage?
You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

•you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or landed immigrant, or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;
<b>•you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada ; </b>
•you have applied for a grant of citizenship under section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act (Canada), and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship (i.e., children adopted internationally by Canadian citizens);
•you are a "protected person" - i.e. a Convention Refugee or a person in need of protection;
•you are a foreign worker who holds a valid work permit or other document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) permitting you to work in Canada, and you also have a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer's name, your occupation, and confirmation that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;
•you are a member of the clergy who is legally entitled to stay in Canada and will be providing services to a religious congregation in Ontario for at least six months;
•you hold a Temporary Resident Permit with case type 80 (for adoption only), 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 or 95;
•you are the spouse, or dependent child (under 22 years old or 22 years and over if dependent due to a mental or physical disability) of an OHIP-eligible member of the clergy or OHIP-eligible foreign worker;
•you hold a valid work permit under the federal Live-in Caregiver Program;
•you hold a valid work permit under the federal Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program;
And
•you make your primary place of residence in Ontario; and generally,
•you are in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately following the date you establish residence in Ontario (you cannot be absent for more than 30 days during the first 6 months of residence); and
•you are in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period.
It would appear as though (my bolded line in above quote) those of us in Ontario will have to at least wait for AIP. If I am understanding of what I read, properly. If someone else has knowledge to the contrary, please share with us.

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
I'm guessing it's the same in Alberta. I've paid my PR, but don't have AIP yet. And still no movement on the working date. Does anyone know if there are free clinics in Alberta for those without OHIP and needing healthcare?

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
I love to check the CIC websites on Thursdays because its becoming hilarious to see how they are limping on October 8th. Its approaching 20 weeks. The last time they updated it moved from October 5th to 8th. So maybe they'll move another 3 days and stuck there again. ;D ;D :D :D ;D

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (sent from Calgary)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
canadianthrower said:
I'm guessing it's the same in Alberta. I've paid my PR, but don't have AIP yet. And still no movement on the working date. Does anyone know if there are free clinics in Alberta for those without OHIP and needing healthcare?
Hi,

I'm in Calgary. All clinics I have been to asked for the Health Care Card.

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
canadianthrower said:
I recently moved from Ontario to Alberta. My wife and dependent child didn't get AIP yet, but they got a visitor extension until January 2014. I took the visitor record to Alberta Health, and they qualified for AHIP without AIP. I showed a lease agreement with both our names on it, and their visitor records, and we received the health cards.

downwinder

Feb 9, 2013
I am currently living in Ontario but planning to move to Quebec. I have AIP but not DM.... will the process slow down if I move to Quebec? do I have to submit anything else to Immigration?
Thanks for your responses