08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
Alurra71 said:
Hi guys. I was just wondering if anyone else was around my same time frames and basic information?

I am a US resident, hubby is Canadian, obviously! Our application was received Dec 7. We received a confirmation email from them in regards to their receipt and the website states that they began processing his sponsorship part on Jan 21, 2013. My questions are :

1. Does anyone else have the same basic information as far as dates and such?

2. How long should we be waiting on an answer since the website says 6 months, but hasn't moved from the Oct 8 date in AGES! Is this strike the reason?

3. Hubby is able to take care of me, but dammit, I would LOVE to be able to at least get a part time job. If we FINALLY get AIP, will I be able to get a work permit? We were told not to bother filing for an OWP with our application even though we thought it was a good idea.

4. I sent in my medical and police certificates and such with my application. Because they are in theory only good for a year, am I going to have to have them done AGAIN?!? I think they were done in November.
Hi Alurra71,

I have a similar timeline to you, but we've applied through Quebec so if you haven't it might be different... We sent in the application around Nov 25th and it's marked as received on Dec 5th, 2012, AoR Jan 21st, 2013.

As for the waiting, we called CIC two weeks ago to see if we could get any more information, and the guy basically said "It's going to be a couple months yet.. at least". Things are slow. We're hopeful that because we sent in the full application and paid all fees that we'll also be lucky and get AIP and DM at the same time like some people do. I'm not holding my breath though!

When you get AIP you can have your Open Work Permit processed. We also were not told to send in that application with the original one (!) but CIC says to send it in ASAP. If you're here on a work visa and it expires, I believe the OWP "in process" waiting on the AIP gives you implied status - but please confirm this with CIC. We didn't have it in process and had to apply for a temporary extension as a visitor while waiting on the AIP.

Our medicals will also expire soon. We were told that we'll be contacted if they need to be redone, but we don't need to go out proactively redo them. As far as I know the police records don't expire? I hope not - what a pain if they do!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
MsJMo said:
Hi Alurra71,

I have a similar timeline to you, but we've applied through Quebec so if you haven't it might be different...
Not in Quebec, in Ontario. I would assume that things move about the same pace regardless of location within Canada, but I might be seriously wrong about that as well. While very much like the US in appearances and such, I'm learning there is a LOT more than is different than first meets the eye! LOL

lyzby

Jul 24, 2013
Eligible for Health Card from Date PR application fee paid!

New poster here for spousal in-country permanent residency application in Nova Scotia. Application received: Sep 10, 2012; Notified to resubmit IMM5669 in December and immediately resubmitted; Jul 23, 2013 received email notification that I "meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident" and separately, that spouse meets requirements.

Yesterday's notice required that I submit a new medical exam (my first one was on Jul 16, 2012--I was told by panel doctor's office today that it expires after a year).

What was news to me was that the doctor's office said that I was eligible for a health card from the date I paid my application fee (Sep 6, 2012). I called Nova Scotia MSI, and the person I spoke to immediately took my information and is sending me the application form to complete, and said that my health card initial date would be backdated to the date I paid my application fee.

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
lyzby said:
That is news! I shall check that out as well as I thought health care was only offered after the AIP was issued.

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
Alurra71 said:
Not in Quebec, in Ontario. I would assume that things move about the same pace regardless of location within Canada, but I might be seriously wrong about that as well. While very much like the US in appearances and such, I'm learning there is a LOT more than is different than first meets the eye! LOL
I think the difference in Quebec is that the "spousal" approval is done separately - Quebec needs to approve the sponsor first. Once it's done the residency applicant gets a "CSQ" which is then sent to CIC.

Many things in Quebec are different than the rest of Canada! As far as I know, all of the other provinces operate under the same system for residency (but please correct me if I'm wrong!) :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Hi Alurra, I'm another American, but I'm in Québec. There's just one more step in the process (and one more fee, surprise surprise!) for those of us in what my husband calls the "Democratic People's Republic of Québec." It doesn't seem to slow the process down much, if at all.

As another member said, as long as your police certificate was received by CIC within three months of the date it was issued, and assuming you don't spend 6 months outside of Canada at any point during the application process (which I'd doubt, with an inland app), you should be fine on the police certificate. As for the medical, it's only good for one year. CIC has the option of extending your medical if you're near the end of the process and its expiration is the only thing that would delay approval of your application, but I don't have any idea of how regularly they actually opt to do that.

I'm no help with the OWP stuff. Most Canadian anglophone spouses (military community) can't get work up here anyhow, so we didn't bother.

I'm not much help with the how long to wait, either. My app was received Oct 23, and no AIP yet.

Good luck, and welcome to the waiting game!

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
lyzby said:

New poster here for spousal in-country permanent residency application in Nova Scotia. Application received: Sep 10, 2012; Notified to resubmit IMM5669 in December and immediately resubmitted; Jul 23, 2013 received email notification that I "meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident" and separately, that spouse meets requirements.

Yesterday's notice required that I submit a new medical exam (my first one was on Jul 16, 2012--I was told by panel doctor's office today that it expires after a year).

What was news to me was that the doctor's office said that I was eligible for a health card from the date I paid my application fee (Sep 6, 2012). I called Nova Scotia MSI, and the person I spoke to immediately took my information and is sending me the application form to complete, and said that my health card initial date would be backdated to the date I paid my application fee.

Hi guys, do you know if this apply to Ontarian's??
That would make life alot easier wouldn't it??

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Jolly1 said:
Hi guys, do you know if this apply to Ontarian's??
That would make life alot easier wouldn't it??
I couldn't agree more. While I am healthy on a general basis ... "what if" .... If anyone finds out the answer to this question, I would also love to know.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
We paid part of the fee for our PR and the rest in a couple months here. We live in Alberta does that mean we can apply for an AB health card as well? Since I am very eager to get checked out for various reasons!!

Jul 21, 2013
Edmonton
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
Line.a said:
We paid part of the fee for our PR and the rest in a couple months here. We live in Alberta does that mean we can apply for an AB health card as well? Since I am very eager to get checked out for various reasons!!
I was told that all I needed was my marriage certificate and that my passport state that I am legally here. I read someone said they got an extension after the 6 months seal when entering to Canada. You should ask, also not all the registries know how to deal with this. The first time we were told it was not possible, and then in another one they said the only problem was my passport, so we got an extension of the visitor status to get health care.

Also... I know there are some health clinic to help people without means or without health care.
YES Armoury Youth Centre 10310 - 85 Avenue (you should be able to find their phone and ask if they do what you need) They charge next to nothing. albertahealthservices .ca

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I'm still not entirely sure about my whole issue as well.
I don't need to extend my stay when I sent an OWP along with our inland app, right?
Because we did extend it to be on the safe side in February but it runs out here in September..

What city did you say that health clinic was? I am outside Calgary.

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (sent from Calgary)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
Alurra71 said:
Hi guys. I was just wondering if anyone else was around my same time frames and basic information?

I am a US resident, hubby is Canadian, obviously! Our application was received Dec 7. We received a confirmation email from them in regards to their receipt and the website states that they began processing his sponsorship part on Jan 21, 2013. My questions are :

1. Does anyone else have the same basic information as far as dates and such?

2. How long should we be waiting on an answer since the website says 6 months, but hasn't moved from the Oct 8 date in AGES! Is this strike the reason?

3. Hubby is able to take care of me, but dammit, I would LOVE to be able to at least get a part time job. If we FINALLY get AIP, will I be able to get a work permit? We were told not to bother filing for an OWP with our application even though we thought it was a good idea.

4. I sent in my medical and police certificates and such with my application. Because they are in theory only good for a year, am I going to have to have them done AGAIN?!? I think they were done in November.
Hi,

I'm in Alberta. I've got the similar timeline like you have.
We've submitted the application Nov 2012, and they received it Dec 2012. They started processing Jan 2013. I haven't heard anything after that.
It's quite a pain just sitting and waiting for any further notice.

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (sent from Calgary)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012 Open Work Permit?

HELP :(

I have a open work permit expiring Nov 2013.
(I graduated post-secondary in Canada. I was having a 3 years of Open Work Permit before applying PR Family Class Sponsorship.)

Is there a way I can extend work permit and continue to work until PR process finishes?

My application was received Dec 2012 and they started to process Jan 2013.

Jul 21, 2013
Edmonton
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
Line.a said:
I'm still not entirely sure about my whole issue as well.
I don't need to extend my stay when I sent an OWP along with our inland app, right?
Because we did extend it to be on the safe side in February but it runs out here in September..

What city did you say that health clinic was? I am outside Calgary.
Oh sorry, I am In Edmonton. But check the web page because they have this kind of clinics everywhere, just call them. I went to one in Red Deer too.

About the applications, right now is a big mess. My MP office told us that CIC is way behind schedule. And in my case for example that I want to study it is better for me to send the application outland (to Los Angeles) because that is the only way they can assess my Study Permit without being attached to AIP.

Your OWP is attached to AIP so... you might have to wait. For me the Restoration of status (visitor) took like 4 months so maybe it is not worthed for you since they should give you at least AIP soon enough.

... i just saw that your app was received in Feb, so maybe you could consider sending the restoration. Again CIC is way behind schedule. And they are not helpful at all. They even sent me a letter saying what I should do to get Study Permit and now after 7 months Thanks to MP office I know they were wrong and I have lost all this time.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012 Open Work Permit?

over_jj said:
HELP :(

I have a open work permit expiring Nov 2013.
Is there a way I can extend work permit and continue to work until PR process finishes?

My application was received Dec 2012 and they started to process Jan 2013.
Why doesn't you're work permit last very long?

I understand when you apply for a Open Work Permit at the same time of your application the Work Permit is supposed to last until you have your PR?