December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@QuebecoOkie
If we are gonna get both stages at once I have no worries waiting til my one year come October because that'd balance the wait for an 8 month stage 2. I do believe though that the applications are already assessed. Why? If they were gonna transfer them without AIP it would have been done already. Remember Dawlex on the 2013 thread. She got AOR today and her file got transferred the next day to a local office. Similar thing with Serenity, in the 2012 thread. Her application was complete sitting in Vegreville and her MP called and she for AIP the next day and DM the day after. I believe some AIP and DM will come rolling in together. My medical will expire August 17th but God has a plan

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@Jiggy
How are you,brother ?

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
sunsun said:
@ hockeyfan
I couldn't find any TTN topic in this forum.
I read something about world income and attaching and sending to the CRA as proof of your income even though you make 0$ in Canada. Maybe just look up tax or taxes? I read it on here somewhere.

So it's there. Just gotta look around a bit.

Good luck!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Thank you,hockeyfan

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ QuebecoOkie
If we are gonna get both stages at once I have no worries waiting til my one year come October because that'd balance the wait for an 8 month stage 2. I do believe though that the applications are already assessed. Why? If they were gonna transfer them without AIP it would have been done already. Remember Dawlex on the 2013 thread. She got AOR today and her file got transferred the next day to a local office. Similar thing with Serenity, in the 2012 thread. Her application was complete sitting in Vegreville and her MP called and she for AIP the next day and DM the day after. I believe some AIP and DM will come rolling in together. My medical will expire August 17th but God has a plan
That's what is perhaps the most difficult for me. I know some AIP/DM come together, or much closer together than 8 months. I can't help but HOPE that such will be the case for us. But the hope is the difficult part for me. If I just knew that I won't get DM until next summer, I would be disappointed, but I would readjust my hopes and expectations. Not having ANY sweet clue is more difficult for me than dealing with a worse, but definite idea.

My really big hope is that I have DM before the end of the year. I want to be able to travel by late March, as my in-laws have planned a big family vacation. I tried to warn my father-in-law, tried to get him to wait, but he said to hell with it. If I can travel, great, and if not, he'll take the airline flight credits and we'll do something another time.

Oh well, as least my hubby is HOME with me, and, based on the way things look right now for him at work, *should* be home for a while, at least 6-8 months. (*fingers crossed* as you never really KNOW with the military...I suppose being a military wife is rather good preparation for dealing with CIC, ha!) I've had kind of the worst of inland AND outland, as I've spent half of my first year here alone due to the hubby's work commitments, but I can't travel to go visit friends/family back in the US while he's gone, either. But...it's summer, he's home, we're going camping this weekend, and life is good. :)

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
I too am hoping that the 2nd stage goes much faster than this first one. We had planned for it to take a lot longer...and not go back down to the states until July 2014. Even that I am afraid won't happen. It's so hard to tell my family and friends that I really have no idea. Through all this, I know God is in control. He knows what we are all going through. I have to believe there is a purpose to all of this as I've seen so many things in my life that didn't make sense at the time make sense later, in the grander scheme.

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ QuebecoOkie
Jiggy, I know sometimes they extend medical depending on the officer but I hope DM gets cracking sooner than later!!! I'm just at the end of my frustrating thus my silence!!! Waiting since November 2011 is more than a roller coaster ride and at this point can't work and make a decent income is far beyond degrading. There is no one looking at our applications, the first glance that make there decision and put it in a waiting batch. That's what these officers get paid to do. If all the files were up to date, they would have to layoff a bunch of them. One can only that Minister Chris Alexander don't inherit the nonsense. Aw well, just hope for a change. Kudos to all and keep the faith.. It ruff!!!! Jah know star!!!!

sunbrey

Feb 18, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Interview........
Final Interview 10-18-2013
For immediate release...

Statement by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers: Government's Response to Offer of Binding Arbitration
[Ottawa – July 23, 2013] Shortly before today’s noon deadline, PAFSO received a letter from the President of the Treasury Board responding to our offer of binding arbitration.
As he has stated publicly, Minister Clement has agreed to PAFSO’s offer of binding arbitration subject to “certain conditions”. PAFSO is reviewing these conditions and will follow up directly with the Treasury Board. PAFSO will need to assure itself that any arbitration mechanism allows for a full and fair hearing of arguments on both sides – an objective we are sure the Government shares.
PAFSO appreciates the Government’s attempt at finding a resolution to this dispute and remains hopeful that a responsible way forward can be agreed upon by both parties. Until agreement is reached, there will be no change in PAFSO’s job action measures.
PAFSO will update our members, the general public, and the media once we have more information to share.

Sounds like the strike is almost over!! Hopefully the Gov's requests are reasonable!!

Keep up the emails and calls to your MPP's, Social Media & online reports & post on all boards about the pain, stress & suffering that all are truly going thru due to this strike!!

Make your call now!

God Bless & God Speed!

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
sunbrey said:
For immediate release...

Statement by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers: Government's Response to Offer of Binding Arbitration
[Ottawa – July 23, 2013] Shortly before today's noon deadline, PAFSO received a letter from the President of the Treasury Board responding to our offer of binding arbitration.
As he has stated publicly, Minister Clement has agreed to PAFSO's offer of binding arbitration subject to “certain conditions”. PAFSO is reviewing these conditions and will follow up directly with the Treasury Board. PAFSO will need to assure itself that any arbitration mechanism allows for a full and fair hearing of arguments on both sides – an objective we are sure the Government shares.
PAFSO appreciates the Government's attempt at finding a resolution to this dispute and remains hopeful that a responsible way forward can be agreed upon by both parties. Until agreement is reached, there will be no change in PAFSO's job action measures.
PAFSO will update our members, the general public, and the media once we have more information to share.

Sounds like the strike is almost over!! Hopefully the Gov's requests are reasonable!!

Keep up the emails and calls to your MPP's, Social Media & online reports & post on all boards about the pain, stress & suffering that all are truly going thru due to this strike!!

Make your call now!

God Bless & God Speed!

great new

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Watchie
I feel your pain bro but God sees and hears and no everything,eveneven those things that we believe He doesn't see. But it's very brutal to see what they're putting you thru. Listen bro, light up some heat under their behind

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
jiggyzealous said:
@ Watchie
I feel your pain bro but God sees and hears and no everything,eveneven those things that we believe He doesn't see. But it's very brutal to see what they're putting you thru. Listen bro, light up some heat under their behind
Soon we'd look bk at this process and smile.
I'm happy my future kids wouldn't hv to go through
this process. Although cic is delaying that as well.
October Applicants at least cic is on our month and not three for months
before October. I'm looking at the bright side of it.
We've waited this long..... Can't be much longer (right?)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Jolly1 said:
Soon we'd look bk at this process and smile.
I'm happy my future kids wouldn't hv to go through
this process. Although cic is delaying that as well.
October Applicants at least cic is on our month and not three for months
before October. I'm looking at the bright side of it.
We've waited this long..... Can't be much longer (right?)
Haha! You sound like me. I remind myself, "This can't *actually* take forever. (RIGHT?!?!?!?!!?!)"

Kaela6

May 10, 2013
sunsun said:
I have a TTN and I told the CRA agent that I don't work and has $ 0 income.....I have faxed the explanation letter but he said that I must fill the tax forms because I am a resident of Canada.
Hi Sun Sun- I am a Chartered Accountant so I can confirm that because you live in Canada, you are considered a resident for tax purposes and must file a tax return. It can be as simple as having your spouse file their return with your name/sin/address on it and report that you have $0 income.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hi guys. I was just wondering if anyone else was around my same time frames and basic information?

I am a US resident, hubby is Canadian, obviously! Our application was received Dec 7. We received a confirmation email from them in regards to their receipt and the website states that they began processing his sponsorship part on Jan 21, 2013. My questions are :

1. Does anyone else have the same basic information as far as dates and such?

2. How long should we be waiting on an answer since the website says 6 months, but hasn't moved from the Oct 8 date in AGES! Is this strike the reason?

3. Hubby is able to take care of me, but dammit, I would LOVE to be able to at least get a part time job. If we FINALLY get AIP, will I be able to get a work permit? We were told not to bother filing for an OWP with our application even though we thought it was a good idea.

4. I sent in my medical and police certificates and such with my application. Because they are in theory only good for a year, am I going to have to have them done AGAIN?!? I think they were done in November.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Hello friends,

I m finally thinking to contact MP to push our application as its already been 10 months+ for stage 2.n cic agents say they dont need anything from us.
Any suggestions how to contact like email , telephone or meeting?

I m based in ottawa n the MP wud b John Baird i guess....