Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Nine months today, and nothing but AOR/CSQ (since I'm in Québec). Since the husband's been home again, and we've been doing some fun stuff, it's not *as* bad as it was for the time I was alone. I just really, really hope that our stage 2 processing times are much shorter than estimated, after the loooooong wait for AIP.

Psalm91 said:
Hello, I am Helping a friend out, where can he get a Form to do his medical? he wants to send in his medical before cic request for it, thanks.
The doctor's office should be able to provide the pre-medical forms.

If your friend has already sent in his app without the medical and now wants to do that medical, that may confuse the doctor. I did it that way, as I didn't realize I was supposed to include the medical at the time of application. The doctor's office was confused, as they has only done pre-medicals BEFORE the application was sent in, or medicals when requested by CIC, when CIC provides the form.

I can't say if it's wise to do what I did or not. I still don't know if my meds have been received/matched up with my file, though I was careful to note my UCI on the pre-medical form at the doctor's office.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@QuebecOkie
Congrats on your ninth month. You have gone more than half of the total time for the processing of your application. You're not as worse off as someone who submitted this month. Friday is my ninth month. Time doesn't fly when you're not having fun

LNA

Jun 27, 2012
goldmoon said:
On Sunday I spent some time reading the Inland Applications 2011 forum specifically those who were waiting for their AIP during the summer months (October applicants). I started on page 300 and something I think. The October 2011 applicants who were experiencing this delay had applied between October 16 and October 29 2011. They were so frustrated and even believed that the IOs went on vacation with their kids for the summer. They were giving out only DMs not AIPs. But on August 22 the AIPs started coming in through to the first week of October.

I was looking for a 2011 timeline link but apparently they don't have any. Screech even left a message on their forum on page 546, asking for a link to their timesheet but no one responded so am guessing there isn't one and thats when I began reading their forum dated between May and August to see how the AIP was going.
If you guys visit their forum you would definitely see that only DMs were given out during the summer months. Ohh also the date had stuck in October also haha but not as long as this one. Lets see how things would shape up in the next little while.

Hi I'm Oct 2011 applicant (Inland), I happen to drop by and saw the post above.

There was a spreadsheet for 2011 done by some helpful members back then but it was not updated. I guess no one took over after that LOL.
2011 forum is not as active now because many 2011 applicants had already finished the race, I guess that's why no one responded to Screech's request

The link for 2011 spreadsheet is here (sorry I can't post link, so do put in Https// infront) or key under search "Spreadsheet for Inland 2011"

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ahz52YI3qp3VdHRWYWVYemlFdHdlT0tkWEktUG9hMVE&output=html

I can share my experience with you folks and hope it is helpful to some

Application received by CIC = 19 Oct 2011

AIP for 1st stage = 10 months & 1 week (Official timeline of CIC to clear 1st stage at that time was 11 months, so you 2012 applicants are very fortunate - only 6 months!)

Medical done 1 mth before AIP (once I knew my Client no. after extension of visitor record)
Police clearance sent to CIC = 3 weeks after AIP (My country do not issue police clearance unless they see the AIP letter)
DM for 2nd stage = 9 months and 2 weeks (official time length is 8 months)
DM letter received = 1 week later
Landing letter rec'd = 2 weeks later, paid landing fees $490 online on the same day
Landing interview = 9 July 2012 which is 2 weeks after landing letter
Landed in OTTAWA - took only 10mins (feel so unreal because we have been waiting for so long for the whole PR process to end and it took just 10mins!!)

Now waiting for PR card which officer told me will take 2 months to process and during this period I am not allow to travel out of the country. If I have to travel, I need to go to Canadian Embassy to get travel document to enter Canada on my return. Irony part is that you can travel out of Canada after AIP but not before PR card..

By the way, our is a simple case, no dependent, hubby's Canadian, I'm from first world country and both of us are professional.

tips :
1) don't call the CIC agent to check on your status, it is total waste of time. It will only make you more depress and angry (they can't do anything, they just give you the official answers which we already knew).

2) If you don't received DM say 2 weeks after the official timeline posted by CIC, CALL (not email) your MP. How to locate your MP? just google. The assistant will help you find out more info about your application, this in turn "wake up" CIC as some of your files maybe forgotten or laying somewhere underneath the queue pile.

3) Have lots of patience, even if you can't take it any longer, you have to bite the bullet and wait on. Your turn will come eventually.

Best of luck to all of you

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
@ Quebec and Jiggy, have you contacted your MP yet or will you be doing so if you haven't already?

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@CANUSA31
havent conatcted him yet. Initially I wanted to complete so we could spend our first Christmas back home but because its not possible again I don't care. Whenever it comes its comes

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ CANUSA31
havent conatcted him yet. Initially I wanted to complete so we could spend our first Christmas back home but because its not possible again I don't care. Whenever it comes its comes
I'm kind of with jiggyzealous. I don't feel the PM will be of much help, since we all seem to be in the same boat (i.e. it's not JUST my app that's stalled out - seems to be all of October and after). Also, I'm not even really conversational in French yet, and our PM's preferred language is French (not sure if he's bilingual or not, but I imagine that he'll be far more receptive to requests in French, either way, based on where I live and the political climate here). My husband is pretty fluently bilingual, but he doesn't pay much attention/know much about immigration ("What's AIP again? What's the timeline supposed to be?") and he HATES HATES HATES administration of any sort, filling out forms, making phone calls. I just haven't pressed the point. We didn't get a summer together last year (he was on course in Ontario from August, three weeks after our move, to December), so we're just enjoying having some summer fun together for now.

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Thank you LNA for that info. The only thing is that I wished they had 11 months on their website instead of 6 months so to save me the headache of watching and waiting. After all they didn't live up to the 6 months initial assessment anyway.
All am saying is if CIC isn't giving AIPs then just simply change the processing time from 6 months to 10 or 11 months so we wouldn't be torturing ourselves week after week hoping to see some kind of change or update on our files.

I called the MP last week after the two week wait, he said to call on the Friday which I did. He said there're no updates and to call Monday which I did yesterday. He said to call back this Friday **sigh**... So here we go again calling and waiting... Right now I don't call the Call Center, neither my Lawyer ( useless and mayb a waste of $$) and soon to join that list is the MP. ( After all I wanted to start school in Sept so there's no point calling anyone anymore).

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
To Screech : Are you still here ?
To anyone in this forum :
Last year my tax consultant said that I didn't need to fill any tax forms then I got problems and I solved it by myself by sending explanation letters and copies of my passport few times to CRA because the tax consultant said she couldn't help me . She has no idea how to handle Temporary Resident Tax.

This year (2013) I used other Tax Consultant and he said that I didn't need to fill any tax forms as well then I got same problems again. I couldn't ask this consultant because he has closed his office.
I asked someone who told me the same thing that I don't need to fill any tax forms and just fax explanation letter.I did what she had told me. Then to make sure I asked CRA call center .The agent said that I Must fill the Tax Forms because I am a Resident of Canada.
It is really confuse.

Do anyone got any experiences like me? Please share.....Thank you very much....

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
sunsun said:
Last year my tax consultant said that I didn't need to fill any tax forms then I got problems and I solved it by myself by sending explanation letters and copies of my passport few times to CRA because the tax consultant said she couldn't help me . She has no idea how to handle Temporary Resident Tax.

This year (2013) I used other Tax Consultant and he said that I didn't need to fill any tax forms as well then I got same problems again. I couldn't ask this consultant because he has closed his office.
I asked someone who told me the same thing that I don't need to fill any tax forms and just fax explanation letter.I did what she had told me. Then to make sure I asked CRA call center .The agent said that I Must fill the Tax Forms because I am a Resident of Canada.
It is really confuse.

Hey Sunny Sun,

Do you have a temporary SIN? If so, you can do your taxes that way. If not, I believe your spouse or partner needs to claim you on their taxes. There's something else I am missing, but you should pretty much file taxes somewhere. I think you can even get something from Canada saying you haven't worked here and then file that?

Someone on this forum could help I am sure. Just look up tax under the search bar.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I have a TTN and I told the CRA agent that I don't work and has $ 0 income.....I have faxed the explanation letter but he said that I must fill the tax forms because I am a resident of Canada.

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hi everyone. This is a list of some of the great things my husband and I do together to let the time pass and to be honest it doesn't feel like we've been waiting that long because of these activities. We try to have something planned almost every weekend.

Cheap Tuesdays at the Movies
Church Events-he's involved in Men's Ministries at our church
There are a lot of free activities at Celebration Square in Mississauga such as Rib Fest, Irie Fest etc
We went to the cottage with some friends a few weeks ago ad we are going again in a few weeks
Walks on the Lakeshore
We go to the gym 5 times a week; I do Zumba
Social events ie games nights with friends, dinners, parties, boat cruises

Also if the sponsor in the relationship has a full time job with benefits the spouse being sponsored is privy to those benefits whether or not they are a resident. Thus my husband has had several dental visits, he's getting braces, massages etc.

Hope this helps ;)

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@hockeyfan
I couldn't find any TTN topic in this forum.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
sunsun said:

It is really confuse.

Its been just as confusing to me. First I was told I have to fill in my tax form (Iv'e been in Canada since 2011 and I haven't landed yet.)

Then I got a letter that they needed my social sec number.....I have none....yet. I was told to send in all kinds of proof. Paper from Sweden, my passport, proof of my application to immigration and so on......and I did. Then I didn't hear anything. Well.....next year it was time to fill for taxes again....I did.....and once again they asked for my soc sec number. I still haven't got one, I answered. Well then we cant handle your taxes here.....not without a soc sec number, they answered me. Okay....as long as I haven't done anything wrong, it's all good, I answered. They told me they would save my tax form, until I had landed. Okay.
Well one week later I got a letter that everything was done with my tax statement (don't know what it's called) so they were able to handle it this year after all.....without my soc sec number.

So I couldn't agree with you more.....they are very confusing.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Thank you Daleand,
The second tax consultant told me ," Don't worry , I am the tax expert and I know everything about Canada Tax. I have many years experience and believe me that you don't need to fill any tax forms". I believed him then few months later I got the same problem and that tax consultant closed his office and I couldn't contact him until next year.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
sunsun said:
Thank you Daleand,
The second tax consultant told me ," Don't worry , I am the tax expert and I know everything about Canada Tax. I have many years experience and believe me that you don't need to fill any tax forms". I believed him then few months later I got the same problem and that tax consultant closed his office and I couldn't contact him until next year.
I hear you. You know who told me the last time? Canada revenue lol And still they manage to do my taxes within a week after she told me. So I think everyone is a little confused from time to time ;D