App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Brightstar, If they are asking you to bring your passport as well as your immigration documents then this is a landing interview. I am surprised they didn't send you the invitation by mail however, maybe they had an opening and didn't have time to mail it to you. They will ask you a couple of general questions about personal, legal and medical history since your application was sent in, then they will stamp your passport. Basically they just want to confirm that nothing has changed with regard to these three things. Sounds good, congratulations. My husband's second stage processing started Valentine's Day. I contacted the CIC and they told me that all of the security checks are complete and it is just awaiting review by the IO. So, we are hoping to hear something soon.

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
hi kiwi i really appreciate ur help and i was never sent any immigration doccuments ? i think the person told me on the phone too but i never recieved anything like that .and does it mean that m through this agonizing waiting period?

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I would like to change my glasses and a frame and as you know that I haven't got an AIP and I am not allowed to work , just staying at home.
So I must find the cheapest Optical to save money , I had visited Walmart Optical but I was not sure that it was the cheapest place to buy a frame and a pair of glasses .

Anybody who know the cheapest Optical , could you please share it ? Thank you very much.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Jason Kenney, formerly the Immigration minister, is now minister of Employment and Social Development (formerly HRSDC), taking over for Diane Finley, who moves to Public Works.

Chris Alexander, formerly a parliamentary secretary, takes over from Kenney as minister of Citizenship and Immigration.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/national/Stephen+Harper+cabinet+features+blood+more+women+maintains/8661449/story.html

Mr. Jason Kenney is a Minister of Employment and Social Development ? Are you sure ? Mr. Harper , you have chosen the wrong Minister. He is Not qualified based on his past track and field. He even doesn't how to attract new investors to create jobs.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
To Brightstar: Your valid immigration document such as Visitor or Work Permit (if you have one of these, they have sent it to you as it has to be an original) They definitely sent you a letter to let you know that you received your AIP. Those are the documents that were issued to you by the CIC. You may have something other than these such as a Student Permit. I have all the documents they have sent us, the original Visitor Visa, the letter indicating they received the PR application and when they started processing it (AOR), the letter that stated they were transferring the file to the local office, the AIP letter indicating that an Open Work Permit could now be applied for and lastly the actual Work Permit.

I am certain you have had these documents or most of them sent to you. Good Luck!

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
thnx alot kiwi .yeah i had a study permit which expired after i applied for spousal sponsorship coz i was told that i dont really need to renew my study permit once i apply for spousal sponsorship and i never applied for a work permit .can that be a problem?

arhel

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-01-2012 and 28-09-2014
Interview........
12-09-2013
hi is there any body who file has been transferred to etobicoke office without aip?i filed for an sponsorship for my husband march 2012, AOR july 16, 2012 and on the same month we received a request asking us to update some information. the last that we heard from cic was a letter dated 10 oct. 2012 that our file was transferred to etobicoke. just last june 14 i called the call center asking for a possible update on our application they said they will send query to cic. after a week i called again then they informed me that cic etobicoke responded that our file is in cue to review. what is really the timeline in etobicoke cic office before one can receive a response?

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Jason Kenney might not be happy at all on his new portfolio. If he were performing exceptionally well he'd not be replaced. Something tells me that the prime minister wasn't very impressed with his modus operandi. Let's bombard the new minister with emails now to let him know what we are going through

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/rachel-decoste/jason-kenney-cabinet-shuffle_b_3564650.html

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Brightstar,

I have heard conflicting information with regard to this topic so I cannot be of any help with you on this one, sorry. I would start a new thread and ask for advice from one of the more senior people that are regularly on this forum.

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
arhel said:
hi is there any body who file has been transferred to etobicoke office without aip?i filed for an sponsorship for my husband march 2012, AOR july 16, 2012 and on the same month we received a request asking us to update some information. the last that we heard from cic was a letter dated 10 oct. 2012 that our file was transferred to etobicoke. just last june 14 i called the call center asking for a possible update on our application they said they will send query to cic. after a week i called again then they informed me that cic etobicoke responded that our file is in cue to review. what is really the timeline in etobicoke cic office before one can receive a response?
I had the exact same thing, and still waiting; File was received by Vegreville in July, 2012. AOR in October 2012. In January 2013, got a letter stating file has been transferred to CIC Etobicoke. Haven't heard a word from them yet. Unbelievably frustrating and unfair. No offense, but people here are crying about filing applications in October and not yet getting AIP. Think of the people who got transferred to local offices, but don't know why, and how long we are waiting. There is no timeline for us, and no one to contact; everytime we call, we get the same answer: It is in the queue. Unbelievable!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@hkalltheway
I understand your plight, however, your lengthy wait time doesn't make it easier for us who are waiting just a few months behind you. Many of us haven't heard a word from CIC since AOR was sent. Waiting on this process to complete isn't easy on none of us; no matter our individual wait times
but I really hope that the new minister will not continue on the same destructive path as his predecessor.

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Annabell said:
@ canadianthrower
Re. Health card
I'm in Calgary. Originally from UK with a Canadian husband. I'm registered as a dependant on his health card. My visitor status ran out at end of march. I applied to extend it end feb, got it back in June. While waiting we rang Alberta health and they extended my status as a dependent on his health card. Once my year visitor visa came through they asked for a copy of it at the registries and a few days letter we received a letter confirming I'm covered for another year.
This may help (or not as I'm not sure what different provinces do) good luck. :)
I am also in Alberta. But I am out of status as I was told I have implied status while waiting for PR. But, apparently implied status doesn't work with the health coverage. I can apply for a visa extension, but I don't know if it will cause problems with my application. And looking at the visa extension times it will be 2-3 months. If I'd known about the health coverage ending before all this, I would have applied while still in status.

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
question if my friend orders the notes on her file, and she is the sponsor, can she request them or does her hubby have to? anyone ordered these before? need some assistance

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
So it has been 7 months since my application is in process and no AIP, which comes to me as no surprise as there are people waiting for 8, 9, 10 months or greater for AIP.

Nonetheless I thought I'd contact my MP's office and see what can be done. An inquiry has been sent lets see what happens....

Slowly losing hope day by day.... Just a sad day for me