+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
I have a question, if a dependent who is living abroad can't be examined and cic ask for statutory declaration that I cannot sponsor the child in future, can this delay my application ? Because the child could not be examined can this delay my application even after I have sent in the statutory declaration , I am just waiting for DM . Thanks

ntonchu

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2012
Doc's Request.
24-09-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
Med's Request
23-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012
krissikris said:
I am in complete disbelief right now, I don't usually bother checking ecas cuz its never updated, but I happen to check just now and it said DECISION MADE!!!!! We were thinking we were in for another year wait at least cuz our app was sent to jamiaca. I still have not gotten an email or letter, but I'm hoping this is a GOOD decision that they made. Would they give us DM without his kids stuff being complete? Or do you think we are actually done? So happy, but anxious to get an email or letter.
Congrats Krisskris. Have the kids already been contacted by the Kingston Visa Office, did they do their medicals already. I know with God all things are possible. I am so happy for you and your husband. Were the kids accompanying or non-accompanying?

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
ntonchu said:
Congrats Krisskris. Have the kids already been contacted by the Kingston Visa Office, did they do their medicals already. I know with God all things are possible. I am so happy for you and your husband. Were the kids accompanying or non-accompanying?
thank you so much, the girls are accompanying, we did their medicals and sent them in along with the initial application, Our file was transferred to Kingston office May 1st of this year. I'm going to call his mother right now to see if she got any notification in the mail.

lawrence1212

Jul 8, 2013
Hi, I need an advise pls, a friend told me about this forum that I should post a question that I need urgent answer/advise to here.

I got married early 2012 and my wife sponsored me inland in Canada, my PR application was finalized this year and I landed in may, the relationship between me and my wife broke down last week and she made me realized she is filing for a divorce, she confessed that she has been seeing her ex for weeks behind me and she would rather end it with me at this point and we can remain friends.

She wants to start a divorce process right away, (I believe they are planning to get marry), my question is, will that have an effect on my PR status in Canada considering the fact that we will be divorced so soon after I landed.

I have received my PR card last week and I planned to go to my home country for 2 weeks this months, guys do you think immigration will ask me at the point of entry when am coming back

1. If we still live together and everything is ok with us? (she has moved in with him this weekend so we dont anymore)

2. I will like to answer the above question truthfully (do you think that will hurt me and my status in Canada, remember the October 25, 2012 rule does not apply to me but am still concerned we are divorcing so soon after I landed, when I come back divorce wont be finalized yet but it will be in process already )

Note: In terms of how we relate to each other, we are good and she said she doesnt have any prob helping in any way if I need her.

I need your advise plsss

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lawrence1212 said:
Hi, I need an advise pls, a friend told me about this forum that I should post a question that I need urgent answer/advise to here.

I got married early 2012 and my wife sponsored me inland in Canada, my PR application was finalized this year and I landed in may, the relationship between me and my wife broke down last week and she made me realized she is filing for a divorce, she confessed that she has been seeing her ex for weeks behind me and she would rather end it with me at this point and we can remain friends.

She wants to start a divorce process right away, (I believe they are planning to get marry), my question is, will that have an effect on my PR status in Canada considering the fact that we will be divorced so soon after I landed.

I have received my PR card last week and I planned to go to my home country for 2 weeks this months, guys do you think immigration will ask me at the point of entry when am coming back

1. If we still live together and everything is ok with us? (she has moved in with him this weekend so we dont anymore)

2. I will like to answer the above question truthfully (do you think that will hurt me and my status in Canada, remember the October 25, 2012 rule does not apply to me but am still concerned we are divorcing so soon after I landed, when I come back divorce wont be finalized yet but it will be in process already )

Note: In terms of how we relate to each other, we are good and she said she doesnt have any prob helping in any way if I need her.

I need your advise plsss
Sorry to hear about your news. Whatever the situation is now, it does not change your PR status. Your soon to be ex-wife will still be on the hook financially for the next 3 years. So if you were to go on social assistance, your soon be be ex will be reponsible to pay back any government money given to you in the next 3 years.

Other than that, you have all the same rights to stay in Canada as anybody else except for areas that canadians can do that PR can't such as some jobs and voting.

Lucky for you, you landed before the temporary PR went into effect. So you are good to go. If you were under temporary 2 PR status then it is a different ballgame.

Not sure if you can continue to live together while in divorce proceedings. If I'm not mistaken, I think you are required to live apart for a least a year before divorce proceedings can even begin or granted.

In terms of your explaination to border agents, if they asked, you tell them truthfully, that you are separated and in middle of divorce proceedings. But that is none of their business really. Due to the length of divorce proceedings, CIC may have you recorded as married until you are officially granted divorce. So only tell them that you are separated only if they asked.

They are not going to deny you into Canada. There was no fraud involved on either part. You are not going to claim marriage fraud and neither will your wife. It is not like you came to Canada, got married and soon after PR status, you wanted a divorce. That is marriage fraud. You both entered marriage to live together. Your wife is the one who defrauded you by wanting a divorce. You could have been very lucky that if she was cheating on you, she could have cancelled the whole sponsorship and then you would have been in a lot of trouble then. Be thankful that it didn't turn out that way.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
radio777 said:
pr card processing time is increasing day by day.... :mad:
Funny that last week, it dropped to 63 days from 66 days. And now it gone up to 67 days.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
This is a complete nightmare which they need to sort out
@jamesdavid3,

Is this in reference to the drop and increase timeline for PR card?

Screech339

peter74

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Veggreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2013 AIP
File Transfer...
01-02-1013
Med's Request
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-08-2012
Interview........
25-10-2013
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hello. Please help me with some advises what else I can do. I have been to the MP office and nothing changes. He check with CIC and they told him to wait. I am waiting almost 2 years and nothing. My timeline is:

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx on September 19, 2011.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2011.

We received xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx application for permanent residence on September 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received on August 20, 2012.
------------------------------------------

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
peter74 said:
Hello. Please help me with some advises what else I can do. I have been to the MP office and nothing changes. He check with CIC and they told him to wait. I am waiting almost 2 years and nothing. My timeline is:

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx on September 19, 2011.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2011.

We received xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx application for permanent residence on September 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received on August 20, 2012.
------------------------------------------
There isn't much you can do right now. The only option for you as I can tell is to apply for GCMA/CAIPS notes on your application. You would get a report back on the status on your application on where it is at now and may explain what's the hold up is. Other than that, you got no choice but to sit tight and wait.

You are not alone in this. There are a lot of people in the same boat as you. You and evryone who applies for sponsorship inland/outland are at the mercy of bureaucratic red tape.

Screech339

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
Just called CIC cuz im impatient like that! LOL :p and she wouldn't give me any info apparently our use of rep form was only for his OWP grrrr. but she said we should get an email or letter by snail mail within 48 hours! I wanna know NOW!!!! What is on the DM letter anyway? does it actually tell you what the decision was? or id it just a letter saying another office will contact us?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
krissikris said:
Just called CIC cuz im impatient like that! LOL :p and she wouldn't give me any info apparently our use of rep form was only for his OWP grrrr. but she said we should get an email or letter by snail mail within 48 hours! I wanna know NOW!!!! What is on the DM letter anyway? does it actually tell you what the decision was? or id it just a letter saying another office will contact us?
It will not say decision made. It will say in the line of "processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in "city here" will contact you concerning your permanent resident status". Then it will say "final decision will be made at that time" blah blah blah. May even give you furrther instructions like any futher bills that needs to be paid, like "right to landing fee" if not paid.

Screech339

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
Thanks screech on ecas it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 15, 2012.

We started processing your application on April 26, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

HOPING AND PRAYING FOR GOOD NEWS SOON!