+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
We sent application for OWP with PR Application, so when we first got AIP we received OWP as well.
But passport had to be renewed so we had to reapply at the end of March.
Now we have OWP valid for two more years.

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Guys really worried about the strike .. Will it affect inland applicants ? :-X I am waiting for my DM ... I hope it comes soon ..

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
canham2012 said:
Guys really worried about the strike .. Will it affect inland applicants ? :-X I am waiting for my DM ... I hope it comes soon ..
It's affected in land applications already, we have pple waiting for AIP for almost 8months! We can only keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canham2012 said:
At a minimum, it will impact security checks because those are performed by foreign service officers abroad.

Note that this labour action has been ongoing for months now - they've been doing work to rule since earlier this year, and now they've staged some walk-offs. A rumour I heard from one of those foreign service workers was that Treasury had planned on making a new offer but the higher powers pulled it at the last minute. My read is that Harper's office said "no" to meeting the demands for equivalent pay for the foreign service workers.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
computergeek said:
At a minimum, it will impact security checks because those are performed by foreign service officers abroad.

Note that this labour action has been ongoing for months now - they've been doing work to rule since earlier this year, and now they've staged some walk-offs. A rumour I heard from one of those foreign service workers was that Treasury had planned on making a new offer but the higher powers pulled it at the last minute. My read is that Harper's office said "no" to meeting the demands for equivalent pay for the foreign service workers.
I think that's a pretty sensible read. It doesn't make much sense that the Treasury Board would say they were ready to meet and discuss a new offer, and then say in the meeting "oh wait, actually we're not offering anything else."

Mind you, in the murky world of politics, who knows what goes on!

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
landing this thursday at cic scarborough :p :p i hope the VO wont be on strike

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just some info about traveling without pr card:
I just came home from my home country , I travelled with my Canadian fiancé and there was no problem entering Canada. We told the agent that I am waiting for the pr card and we gave him the COPR. They let me to enter without any problem.
(In my home country I said I come to visit. I am from a visa exempt country)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi everyone,

My wife has landed today at etobicoke office.

It is a small office space. Not your typical huge room that you see at ontario service office There were a number of couples waiting. There was one from holland. I asked her how long has she waited since she submitted application. She told me 3 years to land today. So my wife and I are graceful that it took us 10 months.

We went up to the counter when my wife's name was called. The agent asked me for my photo id for id and address confirmation. She reminded me that I am financially responsible for her for the next 3 years. While I agree with that. The issue I had was that my letter stated that I am responsible for 3 years it also said that if sponsored came to Canada as visitor followed by inland sponsorship, then my 3 year responsiblity starts when she entered Canada as a visitor.

Anyway my wife was asked 3 standard questions, have you been convicted in Canada. Have you been denied entry into Canada? 3rd question I don't remember as I was distracted by my 2 kids as the questions were directed at my wife.

After getting COPR in passport, we went back to wait area again to be called back later for SIN application. She has her SIN now. After all that we went to Ontario service office to update her OHIP for status change to permanent OHIP.

The wait for my wife and I is officially done. Just have to wait for PR card and start getting her resume out for job hunting.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
gjfst said:
Just some info about traveling without pr card:
I just came home from my home country , I travelled with my Canadian fiancé and there was no problem entering Canada. We told the agent that I am waiting for the pr card and we gave him the COPR. They let me to enter without any problem.
(In my home country I said I come to visit. I am from a visa exempt country)
The PR card isn't actually required by CBSA (see ENF 4 - it even describes how they can confirm you are a PR if you don't have ANY identification at all!) It's an issue for the airlines. For people from visa exempt countries, the airlines don't care. For people from non-visa exempt countries, the airlines want to see a VISA or a PR card (or a PRTD - which looks like a visa to them).

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Hey everyone, im part of the Inland 2013 thread but was just wondering if anyone from end of October or in November have received their AIP's yet? My work computer won't let me open up the spreadsheet for some weird reason or I'd look there. Thanks in advance!

nishika

Mar 28, 2013
Congrats Screech on your wife's landing. Seems Etobicoke office is ok with giving new SIN with a COPR, this was written in my landing appointment letter as well. Will let you know how it goes with my landing next week.

Cheers!

screech339 said:
Hi everyone,

My wife has landed today at etobicoke office.

It is a small office space. Not your typical huge room that you see at ontario service office There were a number of couples waiting. There was one from holland. I asked her how long has she waited since she submitted application. She told me 3 years to land today. So my wife and I are graceful that it took us 10 months.

We went up to the counter when my wife's name was called. The agent asked me for my photo id for id and address confirmation. She reminded me that I am financially responsible for her for the next 3 years. While I agree with that. The issue I had was that my letter stated that I am responsible for 3 years it also said that if sponsored came to Canada as visitor followed by inland sponsorship, then my 3 year responsiblity starts when she entered Canada as a visitor.

Anyway my wife was asked 3 standard questions, have you been convicted in Canada. Have you been denied entry into Canada? 3rd question I don't remember as I was distracted by my 2 kids as the questions were directed at my wife.

After getting COPR in passport, we went back to wait area again to be called back later for SIN application. She has her SIN now. After all that we went to Ontario service office to update her OHIP for status change to permanent OHIP.

The wait for my wife and I is officially done. Just have to wait for PR card and start getting her resume out for job hunting.

Screech339

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Does anyone know of anyone who applied late October and received AIP yet. Is it a chance that by coincidence applicants who don't belong to this forum n applied in October ending has gotten AIP already? I just have a gut feeling that some people here will be getting the approval combo; two in one

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
@Screech,

Congrats! Your wife had a temporary SIN? Anyway, she got a new SIN. It's good for her! Congrats again! :D

@Canusai31 and jiggyzealous

I haven't heard that someone got AIP since May 10th. I think applicants in late October hasn't got the AIP yet. :(

I hope to hear good news this week.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@screech

Congrats to you and your wife!! All the very best to her on her job hunting. Will you be leaving us shortly too? :'( :mad: