20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canuck2k said:
how is the Office for the landing interview determined?
IN our GCMS ntoes it says city of Destination: Calgary but we are now about 1,800km away from Calgary.. and lived here for the past 18 months.
The address on file with CIC is still that of our representative, who is in Calgary.
If you are 1800km away from calgary, where are you actually living? If you can also let me know what country you are coming from. I would appreciate it.

Screech339

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
2012 applicants wats up with you guys am not seeing any good news :( :( :(

Olah-lah

Mar 14, 2013
Hi guys!
Today i became a permanent resident ;D ;D ;D Long wait and bureaucracy is behind me!!! The landing interview is nothing to worry about (but i know that each of you is going to be worried anyways lol) The whole thing took 20 minutes. I was asked only 2 questions: about any dependent children, and crime. Sponsor was asked 1 question if he is still willing to sponsor me. The agent said that it would take 6 weeks for Pr card to arrive at my home address. I will get back to you as soon as i receive my card to give you an idea about timeline for this wait.
Good luck to all of you, guys! :D

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Olah-lah said:
Hi guys!
Today i became a permanent resident ;D ;D ;D Long wait and bureaucracy is behind me!!! The landing interview is nothing to worry about (but i know that each of you is going to be worried anyways lol) The whole thing took 20 minutes. I was asked only 2 questions: about any dependent children, and crime. Sponsor was asked 1 question if he is still willing to sponsor me. The agent said that it would take 6 weeks for Pr card to arrive at my home address. I will get back to you as soon as i receive my card to give you an idea about timeline for this wait.
Hi, Olah-lah. Congrats! Just curiosity, how many couples were there at Montreal office? ;)

Olah-lah

Mar 14, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Hi, Olah-lah. Congrats! Just curiosity, how many couples were there at Montreal office? ;)
None or 1, I think! I wasn't paying too much attention. There were very few people in the hall waiting. Are you landing in Montreal?

Comflakes

Nov 1, 2011
Hey Jonico,

I got an email from CPCV, regarding my work permit, its weird because i haven't heard no one here getting this email before. The email just explain that the work permit will be issue after they start processing my permanent residence application. I haven't gotten AIP so i don't know why did they send this email if it is something everybody know.

They attached this in the email:

This refers to your application for an Open Work Permit received 05 March 2013. No action is
being taken to process your request for the following reasons:

As a Foreign National in Canada you are not eligible to apply for an open work permit until such
time as you receive confirmation that your application for Permanent Residence will be
processed from within Canada. Your application for an open work permit will be considered at
the same time as your application for permanent residence and if the latter is accepted, the
open work permit will be issued to you.

Have anyone gotten this email before? should i be worried or that means they opened my application and they will start working on it?

I also got same email when I sent my OWP in January. Am still waiting for my AIP, long overdue. I think its nothing to worry about,more to keep us informed on our application. At least I know my OWP was received and I will get it when AIP is approved.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Olah-lah said:
None or 1, I think! I wasn't paying too much attention. There were very few people in the hall waiting. Are you landing in Montreal?
Oui! :) I think my landing will be Montreal, because I live in Quebec city.

PRCR

Jan 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olah-lah said:
Hi guys!
Congrats Olah-lah

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Good luck to Loops on your landing date today. I'm sure it will go well. Nothing to worry about

Congrats to Olah-lah on becoming an official permanent resident as of yesterday.

Timesheets are updated.

Screech339

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
Comflakes said:
Hey Jonico,

I got an email from CPCV, regarding my work permit, its weird because i haven't heard no one here getting this email before. The email just explain that the work permit will be issue after they start processing my permanent residence application. I haven't gotten AIP so i don't know why did they send this email if it is something everybody know.

They attached this in the email:

This refers to your application for an Open Work Permit received 05 March 2013. No action is
being taken to process your request for the following reasons:

Hey comflakes, I don't think its something to worry abt..., looks like u applied for work permitt after u submitted ur application. The good news like u said is u r sure they got ur application OWP! But i am sure someone here will let u know if its otherwise! Cheers man!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
I think its a random response because i submitted my OWP almost three months after I sent my PR application and I've heard nothing on either application thus far. The only I know they received my OWP is because I also changed my contact number which I sent with the work permit application. CIC acknowledges receipt of the new number

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
canuck2k said:
we are almost at 18 months now and there are people from 2010 still waiting so 5 months is just the beginning...
You've got to be kidding me... 18 months? Why is it taking so long? And some people from 2010? There's got to be something wrong with their applications... Maybe their marriage doesn't seem genuine or else I don't see why it would take so long...

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
folks-g said:
2012 applicants wats up with you guys am not seeing any good news :( :( :(
My friend who did Outland and the whole process only took 3.5 months... Applied in feb and just got approved. Coming here in June.. If I knew it would take this long for inland application... I would have done it differently.i heard inland application didnt used to take this long.. Usually around 4-6 months. What happened? Seems like its taking forever now..

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
So finally!! The big day came today!!!

Arrived early to the office and waited for them to open, they send us to a room where a nice lady explained all about being a PR, they started calling names and well I was waiting with my boyfriend all nervous!!

Finally they called my name and the girl didnt even look at my papers, she just told me ... "Yeaaah, so, huuuum, there was a mistake from our side in your documents that we have to correct, unfortunately we don't have system in here so you have to come back tomorrow at 8am! So, see you tomorrow!"

That was it!!! I was not able to get my PR yet because they haven't correct the spelling of my name that every time I have communication with CIC I tell them over the phone, by letters and emails that it is not correct and finally on my landing interview, they realized I sent all the info to correct it but ... they just didn't! :(