Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
canham2012 said:
SO true, whenever I call CIC, they just say it will take 8 months. This time i asked that whether they are doing background checks, the person said they are not allowed to disclose this information .. ??? ..
canuck2k said:
Glad to hear you got a friendly CIC agent that was helpful.
Whenever I have called they tell me NOTHING useful!
i know,i kept on calling before AIP and ended up getting to rude agents but so far when i called in january then feb. asking help for my working permit to cancel they are really helpful. i asked about the DM after few questions about the OWP. so today again,luckily I got a very nice agent..I asked about my refund for my paper application for OWP and why medicals didn't appear in my ecas so she checked everything for me and before i ended our conversation I asked her how far will i get my DM and that was her answer, only waiting for manila embassy for some info for my dependent..

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
weary-damsil31 said:
So i called CIC few minutes ago and got a very kind agent..i asked if am i that far in getting desicion made and she checked and said they are only waiting for Manila Embassy to send information for my daughter.. Ding manila,I know how slow u r... :( :(
Kabayan,

We're exactly on the same phase right now..

JesaWicked

Sep 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys! I finally got my letter from the city of Hamilton about my landing interview date! My landing date is May 17th 2013! Two more weeks, woohoo! :eek:

JesaWicked

Sep 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walter8299 said:
I wonder if that's the reason why my wife hasn't receive a letter from the Scarborough office regarding her landing interview.
We received the DM on april 3, heard nothing ever since... According to the DM letter (emailed from the IO), we haven't pay the $490 fee yet, but it didn't indicate we must pay before the landing date can be given. Just say we must pay before the documents can be release at the office, and so I was planning to pay the fee a few days before her landing date.

Either way, I made the payments a moment ago and printed 2 copies of the receipt. Anyone know where I can submit this receipt or their system automatically sees we paid, and we just bring the receipt as proof on the landing date?
Hey Walter, I thought the same as I haven't gotten my landing letter after 4 weeks. I got my letter to day (finally!) and it indicates we need to pay the PR fee at least 3 working days before the landing appointment (online by credit card) OR 7 working days before the landing date (through canadian financial institutions). At the landing date is when you need to bring the receipt of payment. I hope that helped.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Congrats to everyone who has received their much waited for landing letters

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Congratulation,JesaWicked....

Have a nice weekend,guys...

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Where's my good friend, Sunsun. Haven't you got AIP yet? Your good CIC friend isn't treating you well at all :D :D ;D ;D

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
For those that read my previous post regarding paying first before receiving the actual scheduled landing date.

On the same day I made that post, we received a letter in the mail later in the afternoon.
The letter stated we haven't paid the fees yet, and request us to submit a clear copy of my wife's passport, original and last date of entry. All those to be submitted by fax within 7 days from the date on the letter. So we faxed in everything and hopefully we'll get a mail sometime next week :)

Django_unleashed

Apr 11, 2013
I applied for an open work permit shortly before i got DM for permanent residence. I received a message in mycic concerning my open work permit, stating that i have been approved for temporary resident permit and i'm sure if i got the work permit or they still have to go through another process before it is issued. Although i don't need the work permit as i am landing in a few days, but i am curious.

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys my landign interview is on may 17.
( i have asked my local office to give me an appointment asap because i have to attend on a weddig , they asked for proof and promised to call, they didn't but i got my appointment for may 17.)
I asked to have it before the 22. (They booked for the end of may at the time)
I am happy with my local cic!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Django_unleashed said:
I applied for an open work permit shortly before i got DM for permanent residence. I received a message in mycic concerning my open work permit, stating that i have been approved for temporary resident permit and i'm sure if i got the work permit or they still have to go through another process before it is issued. Although i don't need the work permit as i am landing in a few days, but i am curious.
An open work permit (OWP) and a temporary resident permit (TRP) are different things. They may also have said you need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) which is yet a different document.

OWP = "a work permit allowing you to work for any eligible employer in Canada". Certain jobs are not open to you (e.g., jobs that might require governmental security clearances)

TRP = "a discretionary permit issued by the Minister or her/his delegate that overcomes an inadmissibility for the holder"

TRV = "a permit allowing you to travel to Canada as a visitor"

If they haven't issued the documents by the time you land, they won't do so. But it sounds like they started processing the application so you won't get the fee back. If they HAVE issued the documents, they become invalid once you land. Permanent Residents are not eligible for Open Work Permits or Temporary Resident Visas (though they CAN hold a TRP).

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
Hey guys just a question, we got AIP last week and got a med request this week for my hubby, his girls who we are sponsoring as well (still in Jamaica) did their medicals but they are coming up on a year. We havnt heard weather we have to redo theirs as well. Was just thinking the other night, would they issue the girls visitor visas to comne stay with us while their permanenr visas are in process? Was thinking it is possible they could be here by the end of the year, but would be easier on them to start school in Canada in September then transfer half way through. Any suggestions?

JesaWicked

Sep 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gjfst said:
Hey guys my landign interview is on may 17.
( i have asked my local office to give me an appointment asap because i have to attend on a weddig , they asked for proof and promised to call, they didn't but i got my appointment for may 17.)
I asked to have it before the 22. (They booked for the end of may at the time)
I am happy with my local cic!
;D High five! We have the same landing date interview!