INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sure it will. It took 3 days for me to received the letter( they sent it on 9th March) and I'm in the same province! So if you are further then expect it early next week or hopefully this Friday:) hope you will get it sooner!

Rusty53 said:
Thank you. That helps a lot. I applied for ours on January 15th online. I am hopeful it will get here soon.

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
pearl75 said:
Thanks Karito,

I assume you applied for multiple visitor visa. Is that right? Thanks
Your welcome :) yes I did , it cost $150 multiple and the single I believe its $75, took around a month or more to get it, after sending the application.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So glad that you wrote the time line Karito. I'm leaving the country on 30th April and if I apply today then hopefully, I will get it before I leave Canada. Did you apply online? If so can you forward me the link please?

Thanks a lot!

Karito said:
Your welcome :) yes I did , it cost $150 multiple and the single I believe its $75, took around a month or more to get it, after sending the application.

mb112012

Mar 14, 2013
Hi there just have a few questions, I am a bit confused about a few things and thought maybe I could get some answers here.

When you check processing times on the CIC website and it gives two time frames one 8 months and one 6 months. Is the 8 months from the time you get the email from the CIC saying they received your application or it is when they actually start working on the application?

another question I am sponsoring my husband, I am a canadian citizen and he is here on a visitors visa. We want him to be able to work as soon as possible. Should we have sent a work permit application as well? or is that included in the sponsorship application?

thank you in advance for your time

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mb112012 said:
Hi there just have a few questions, I am a bit confused about a few things and thought maybe I could get some answers here.

When you check processing times on the CIC website and it gives two time frames one 8 months and one 6 months. Is the 8 months from the time you get the email from the CIC saying they received your application or it is when they actually start working on the application?

another question I am sponsoring my husband, I am a canadian citizen and he is here on a visitors visa. We want him to be able to work as soon as possible. Should we have sent a work permit application as well? or is that included in the sponsorship application?

thank you in advance for your time
Hi,

So the 6 months frame is for the first stage in which they will evaluate your ability as a sponsor. If you're eligible as a sponsor they will send you and your husband AIP letter (Approval in Principle) which means he is eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit. Usually the OWP will be valid for 2 years. I suggest your husband to send his OWP application together with the PR application, so that as soon as you're approved as the sponsor, CIC will issue his OWP right away, so no time will be wasted. Just like in my case, my fiancé got approved as a sponsor on March 7th, and i've received my OWP today.

The 8 months frame is the second stage in which they will start looking at your husband's application. Basically, they will look at his background checks, police checks, health conditions, etc. So the 8 month second stage will start from the time you get AIP which results in 14 months in total for the whole PR process.

If you didn't send your OWP application with your PR application, you can start filling in the form and send it now, especially noting to them that you've already sent your PR application, and you know that this OWP app will be processed after AIP.

Hope everything is going well for you :)

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rusty,

WOuld you please update my status in the spreadsheet. I've just got my OWP today in the mail. Very excited. Oh, and i did my medical exams this monday so CIC should get the results as soon as the doctor sends them.

You think i can use this OWP to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)? Cos I have some plans to visit the States in the next month or 2.

Thanks

mb112012

Mar 14, 2013
neyuli said:
Just like in my case, my fiancé got approved as a sponsor on March 7th, and i've received my OWP today.
Thank you for response that helps me out a lot I am going to fill out that form right now. This is the form titled ""Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] (PDF, 413 KB)"" Right??

Just wanted to ask you when did you send in your application, which month of 2012?

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mb112012 said:
Thank you for response that helps me out a lot I am going to fill out that form right now. This is the form titled ""Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] (PDF, 413 KB)"" Right??

Just wanted to ask you when did you send in your application, which month of 2012?
yes that is the right form. I sent my OWP app with my PR application in September 2012. My fiance just got his approval this March 7th and they sent me my OWP exactly at the same time. And my OWP has just arrived today in the mail.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
neyuli said:
Hi Rusty,

WOuld you please update my status in the spreadsheet. I've just got my OWP today in the mail. Very excited. Oh, and i did my medical exams this monday so CIC should get the results as soon as the doctor sends them.

You think i can use this OWP to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)? Cos I have some plans to visit the States in the next month or 2.

Thanks
Done, congratulations. I am still hoping ours is soon.

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
pearl75 said:
So glad that you wrote the time line Karito. I'm leaving the country on 30th April and if I apply today then hopefully, I will get it before I leave Canada. Did you apply online? If so can you forward me the link please?

Thanks a lot!
Hi pearl

I'm glad I can help, sorry I just have time right now to check the forum, I live in Vancouver and I sent the application to Seattle which is my closest office to obtain the visa, that was 2 years ago (before Applying for PR I came here canada with a work permit) anyways I remember the process was super clear and easy to follow, if I'm not wrong this is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp , hopefully somebody else applied recently and could corroborate more.

I notice you applied in February 2012 man this is taking so long!! I applied in march and have seem some ppl who applied in may getting PR already I'm envious wont denied it hahahaha , but I think you are next and even thou you haven't ask for advice I will say just wait for your PR and don't leave the country before that.

Good luck

Karito

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karito, the thing is my bro is getting married and I bought tickets already. So I kind a have to go :) thank you for the link! I have read on here that some people are already got their PR's and it seems that they applied after Feb. I have to say I'm jealous :) but at the same time really happy for them as I know how frustrating this can be!

Hubby is going to apply for visitor visa for me today in case i don't receive PR before I leave the country. I just hope I will receive it soon!

Thanks again for responding.
Pearl

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
guys can somebody reply me : after I passed security, criminal and medical checks what else's left to be checked?
yesterday I received my GCMS notes and I found this information.
tnx
and good luck!

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds like you might just be waiting for your next bring forward date, which is the next time they look at your file.

Do the notes tell you what date that is?

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canham2012 said:
Hi everyone,

Anyone with paper application of Open work permit, received their work permit recently?
Hey i applied paper OWP and I've just received it today, right after AIP.