AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
From my medical was submitted I can't find it on the system. When I called CIC they said they have it but I don't know why I can't see it

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaeh1234 said:
Hi, Should I worry? my ecas says medical received but it's been 3 months already and there is no change in my ecas. should I call CIC and follow up my status? OWP expires of July, or should I just apply for extension of OWP as early as now.

Timeline:
Date of Application- June 8, 2012
Application Received- June 13, 2012
Got Sponsorship approval and OWP- Dec. 6, 2012
Medicals done- Dec.10, 2012
Im a March 2012 applicant, received AIP on Sept. 28, medical shows as received in October. No change since October. Just relax it can take as long as 8 months or even longer in some cases.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Rusty53 said:
The following people have been updated on the spreadsheet. Jillplay, Robotic, green.puply, JOR2012, canadaeh1234, If I have made any mistakes please let me know and I will correct them. For those of you who are new to our club, Welcome to the club of patient people!
seen it! :) addition to the entry, my application started processing- dec.5

passed the first stage approval-dec. 5

issued an OWP- dec.6

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Rusty53 said:
The following people have been updated on the spreadsheet. Jillplay, Robotic, green.puply, JOR2012, canadaeh1234, If I have made any mistakes please let me know and I will correct them. For those of you who are new to our club, Welcome to the club of patient people!
Hi Rusty

Thanks for adding me :)

I think its wrong though, I haven't received AIP yet - at least as far as I know, lol.

Application received June 4th 2012

November 20th they requested more proof that we live common law + medical + police report, due February 21 2013.

Application in Process as of February 26th

I'm a bit lost why they'd ask for the med and police reports, and more proof of common law, at the same time.

Any idea's on whether the "processing time" applies to June 2012 or February 26 ?

Thanks so much !

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jillplay said:
Hi Rusty

Thanks for adding me :)

I think its wrong though, I haven't received AIP yet - at least as far as I know, lol.

Application received June 4th 2012

November 20th they requested more proof that we live common law + medical + police report, due February 21 2013.

Application in Process as of February 26th

I'm a bit lost why they'd ask for the med and police reports, and more proof of common law, at the same time.

Any idea's on whether the "processing time" applies to June 2012 or February 26 ?

Thanks so much !
Are you the applicant or the sponsor? Does the Application in Progress show on the Applicant or Sponsor Ecas?

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Rusty53 said:
Are you the applicant or the sponsor? Does the Application in Progress show on the Applicant or Sponsor Ecas?
I'm the sponsor.

It shows on the applicants Ecas and the letter sent from CIC was in his name, not mine.

I can't seem to log in, when I try with my info and our application number. So I just assumed that Ecas was for the applicant. Is there another way I should log in and it would show something else?

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Rusty53 said:
HI Rusty,

I just got off the phone with CIC, they told me I have my own client ID which I was never aware of !

They also told me STAGE 1 APPROVAL was granted on February 26th !!!! Can I get a WOOP WOOP !!!

Can you imagine, I haven't heard from my consultant yet ??!!

Now we can apply for a temp SIN and health card right ? What info do I need for that ?

Thanks for your help thus far

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jillplay said:
HI Rusty,

I just got off the phone with CIC, they told me I have my own client ID which I was never aware of !

They also told me STAGE 1 APPROVAL was granted on February 26th !!!! Can I get a WOOP WOOP !!!

Now we can apply for a temp SIN and health card right ? What info do I need for that ?

For your SIN you will need a work permit, if you haven't already received or applied for a work permit you can do so now although I am not sure if you need to show a copy of your AIP letter as proof as I applied with the original PR application, (Im not sure if you have received that yet). With your work permit you can get a SIN from Service Canada they will be very happy to see you. For your health card you will need the AIP letter and probably also your visitor visa or extension, or your work permit, plus proof of residency which would be something with your name and address on it like a utility bill or you can also use a letter from an employer or record of employment. Some people have mentioned that there AIP was not recognized and had to either show ecas screens or go to the head office to work to work it out. It depends on what province you are from so please check the requirements on your provinces Health care website. Im from Saskatchewan but I bet its pretty similar.

Is your consultant suppose to send you Correspondence with AIP?

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
wolanila said:
For your SIN you will need a work permit, if you haven't already received or applied for a work permit you can do so now although I am not sure if you need to show a copy of your AIP letter as proof as I applied with the original PR application, (Im not sure if you have received that yet). With your work permit you can get a SIN from Service Canada they will be very happy to see you. For your health card you will need the AIP letter and probably also your visitor visa or extension, or your work permit, plus proof of residency which would be something with your name and address on it like a utility bill or you can also use a letter from an employer or record of employment. Some people have mentioned that there AIP was not recognized and had to either show ecas screens or go to the head office to work to work it out. It depends on what province you are from so please check the requirements on your provinces Health care website. Im from Saskatchewan but I bet its pretty similar.

Is your consultant suppose to send you Correspondence with AIP?
Hi there

I would think they are supposed to send me something to tell me AIP has occurred. They never even td me I could send in the work permit request with the pr app. So frustrating. My husbands visa is expired so I guess an extension fits the first step then the OHIP card.

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I just called CIC to inquire about my OWP since they didn't mention it being approved in my AIP letter. The agent said that my OWP is approved and they've sent it my way. So happy. My question is if I can apply for re-entry visa with my new OWP? I know that you should not leave Canada while your PR application is in process, but just in case i have to leave the country in emergency, and I want a chance to get back here. My second question is if I can renew my OHIP with the new OWP?

Thank you for your supports all this time. Wish us all the best of luck.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jillplay said:
Hi there

I would think they are supposed to send me something to tell me AIP has occurred. They never even td me I could send in the work permit request with the pr app. So frustrating. My husbands visa is expired so I guess an extension fits the first step then the OHIP card.
When did your visa expire? I could be wrong but you might have some problems getting a health card being out of status. This is something you might want to look into. I know here in Saskatchewan we were asked for a document to prove she had status as a resident in Canada. If you have not extended your visa you can restore your status with in 90 days and then apply for an extension. Although I think I remember some people saying that if you are applying for PR that you don't need to restore your status and that you can apply for an OWP with your PR application and that they will process your OWP even if you are out of status. Im not sure if you can apply online or if you would have to send your application to Vegreville in this case. Just something to maybe look into. Computergeek knows a lot about that kind of stuff.

You should call your consultant and ask if they have received any correspondence. In my opinion I think you should fire your consultant as they were not very good at informing you of all your options, unless of course you have other reasons for hiring one. I know many people who say consultants are useless and that if you have a big enough problem that you need help that hiring an immigration lawyer is much better. We never used a consultant and everything turned out just fine. I think you can do a better job handling things on your own and with the help of other people in this forum. If you do fire your Consultant don't forget to take them off your account as a representative and ask CIC to resend any letters that were sent out to your Home address.

Congratulations on First Stage approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you well

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wolanila said:
When did your visa expire? If you have not extended your visa you can restore your status with in 90 days and then apply for an extension. Although I think I remember some people saying that if you are applying for PR that you don't need to restore your status and that you can apply for an OWP with your PR application and that they will process your OWP even if you are out of status. Im not sure if you can apply online or if you would have to send your application to Vegreville in this case. Just something to maybe look into. Computergeek knows a lot about that kind of stuff.
The public policy does not require a spouse-in-Canada applicant be in status, though it is always recommended. That's the function of the OWP - it gives you "implied status" even if things expire while the application is in process.

With AIP and being out of status, the best thing to do is apply for the open work permit and once that's granted the applicant is returned to status.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jillplay said:
HI Rusty,

Congratulations Jillplay. Yes you can Woop Woop now! I agree with my friend Wolanila. I would tell your consultant to take a hike. I am betting that you have learned more on this forum in the past week than you did through your consultant period. Welcome to stage 2.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
The public policy does not require a spouse-in-Canada applicant be in status, though it is always recommended. That's the function of the OWP - it gives you "implied status" even if things expire while the application is in process.

With AIP and being out of status, the best thing to do is apply for the open work permit and once that's granted the applicant is returned to status.
Getting AIP gives you implied status.

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Congrats guys!!!! :D

I have some news too I just received my GCSM notes ( I always forget their name :p)
and I just saw that I passed the medical and security/ criminal checks.
so...what else are they checking????
I was so confused about the notes they are so messy :))) for me :)
but I think I got the point