AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
wolanila said:
Im in Saskatchewan
You like it there? Your app's almost over too??

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
figtoria said:
Argh. So our medical results will expire about now. We're only 1.5 months after AIP. Will they automatically give us a 3 month extension, or should we just redo them?
The extension is for a year. It must be requested by the visa office within 3 months of their expiration. It's their choice not yours.

If you go get new medicals done, they will certainly use them. If you don't they may ask for an extension or they may ask for you to repeat them. You might want to order your GCMS notes about 3 months from now and see if they have extended them and if not go do them again. If the cost of a new set of medicals isn't going to break the bank then go get them done and consider it the cost of "peace of mind".

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
canham2012 said:
Hi everyone,

I just called cic , and one of the agents told me that it takes 10 months after aip to get DM and then two months to receive PR card. So another year. I dont know why I get such agents, I mean 12 months. I will go crazy.
Most people on the 2012 get DM after 5 months from AIP, the agent told you the maximum (even the website says 8 months only for stage 2) just so you won't call them because basically they can't do anything on your follow-up.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Canham2012, no word on my OWP yet. I have my fingers crossed for next week.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
kennystewart80 said:
I just recieved a letter by email saying my application has been processed and Scarborough office will be in contact for landing :) woo hoo :)

Anybody any idea how long that takes and what documents I need? I know I'll get a letter confirming, just excited :)
Congrats!!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Mrembo yes that's like express. In his application he told CIC to come and sit and eat with them at their home, rather thanto sit in the office in Vegreville and cast aspersions on his relationship. He wrote a detailed romantic letter to them, plus his response to question 12 of the spousal questionnaire was about 12 pages. He sent on school records, copies of hand made cards to his wife, joint lease plus landlord's letter, insurance, joint accounts, letters and cards from friends, in laws and family, plus citations from church etc

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
Jiggyzealous ,It seems like based on your friends timeline he got AIP, and his letter with "You have met the eligibility criteria to apply for PR under the family class." seems to be that. It would be really surprising and good if he really got Decision made in a total of 5 months.Congrats to him if thats the case but I can't help but feel a bit skeptic as I know a friend who got married and told me he got open work permit the next day after his marriage.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
computergeek said:
The chance of it happening drops after AIP. But there's no guarantees until the day the applicant is granted permanent residency.
That's what I thought too.. Maybe the end of worrying is when we already got our PR. :D

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
figtoria said:
Yes, it does. I guess I'm just worried about the extra time it will take for them to request it, so perhaps we should do it pro-actively.
Too bad for me my medicals doesn't show on my e-cas though I already submitted it along with our application. When we received an AIP they just asked for my police certificate, I thought they were asking for my medicals too but it didn't say anything. I am just hoping that they will not ask for me to re-do it. It's too expensive and also I have a dependent living outside Canada that has too re-do it again if they ask us too.

Crossing our fingers! :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Darwinwap

In the same letter he was told that a decision had been made on his case and so Etobicoke will be contacting him to complete his application. They told him to bring a pair of valid passport photos, and a current passport. When he called the CIC centre to verify that if it were AIP the agent told him that he got a detailed letter saying both him and sponsor are eligible to sponsor and to be sponsored. The agent told him that if he wants to he could apply for a work permit but he doesnt have to because by the time get gets the OWP he would have been called in for his landing interview. The agent told him that some cases are straight forward and the officer will not scrutinize if he/she is satisfied with the case in front of them. The agent told him that both him and his wife will need to sign off on the PR at Etobicoke and the waiting time is about 4-6 weeks at that office. Everyone is alarmed because his lawyer that he was going to use told him one year. When he went and showed him the letter and email he was very surprised. Te agent said that becazuse he submitted a backgound police clearance when he applied for the work permit to come here he didnt go back to Jamaica and he never lived in any other country, so that might have reduced the amount of time CSIS spent on his criminal check

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey I have a question, Im having a difficult time googleing. I have a friend who had a work permit with an LMO while she applied for PR. Her work permit is expired now but She had sent in a OWP with her application. The OWP unfortunately was lost and she has sent a letter explaining this to CIC. Her questions: would applying for an OWP with the PR application before her WP expires give her Implied statues to work? Second question, if it does give her implied status will she still have implied statues now that she has reapplied for the OWP that was lost?

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
wolanila said:
Hey I have a question, Im having a difficult time googleing. I have a friend who had a work permit with an LMO while she applied for PR. Her work permit is expired now but She had sent in a OWP with her application. The OWP unfortunately was lost and she has sent a letter explaining this to CIC. Her questions: would applying for an OWP with the PR application before her WP expires give her Implied statues to work? Second question, if it does give her implied status will she still have implied statues now that she has reapplied for the OWP that was lost?
Yes she has implied status and can work with her current employer till the new open work permit comes. Take note however that she does not have health coverage till the OWP comes.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ Darwinwap

In the same letter he was told that a decision had been made on his case and so Etobicoke will be contacting him to complete his application. They told him to bring a pair of valid passport photos, and a current passport. When he called the CIC centre to verify that if it were AIP the agent told him that he got a detailed letter saying both him and sponsor are eligible to sponsor and to be sponsored. The agent told him that if he wants to he could apply for a work permit but he doesnt have to because by the time get gets the OWP he would have been called in for his landing interview. The agent told him that some cases are straight forward and the officer will not scrutinize if he/she is satisfied with the case in front of them. The agent told him that both him and his wife will need to sign off on the PR at Etobicoke and the waiting time is about 4-6 weeks at that office. Everyone is alarmed because his lawyer that he was going to use told him one year. When he went and showed him the letter and email he was very surprised. Te agent said that becazuse he submitted a backgound police clearance when he applied for the work permit to come here he didnt go back to Jamaica and he never lived in any other country, so that might have reduced the amount of time CSIS spent on his criminal check
Ok well congrats to him then! I hope we get fast processing as well..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
darwinwap said:
Yes she has implied status and can work with her current employer till the new open work permit comes. Take note however that she does not have health coverage till the OWP comes.
The second statement is province specific. BC will continue health coverage while an application for a new work permit is in process, you just have to provide them with documentation.

The former statement is stronger than I was willing to make. The regulations say that as long as the application is filed before expiration one has implied status. If a second (replacement) application is submitted I'd say that it is arguable whether or not that is a new application or a continuation (replacement) of the original.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
Actually thinking about it , how can the OWP application be lost if it was with the Sponsorship application?