Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wolanila said:
Thanks for your reply Computergeek. Your answers are always interesting. Do you have any idea if you can have implied status on a WP by applying for an OWP. Just wondering if you can mix the two or if the implied statues is just for the same kind of permit you previously applied for? :)
The regulations do not distinguish between open and closed work permits when they discuss implied status.

Regulations, Section 186(u) - who may work in Canada without a work permit:

(u) until a decision is made on an application made by them under subsection 201(1), if they have remained in Canada after the expiry of their work permit and
they have continued to comply with the conditions set out on the expired work permit, other than the expiry date.
Section 201(1):

201. (1) A foreign national may apply for the renewal of their work permit if (a) the application is made before their work permit expires; and (b) they have complied with all conditions imposed on their entry into Canada.
and Section 207(b):

207. A work permit may be issued under section 200 to a foreign national in Canada who
(b) is a member of the spouse or common- law partner in Canada class set out in Division 2 of Part 7;
So when I read this, it sure looks to me like you can apply for an OWP prior to expiration of your existing WP and be covered by the implied consent category. However, I haven't looked at any case law and it is possible the interpretation of these sections is modified by legal decisions.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
HME said:
Can i submitt police certificate after receiving AIP? Or i wont get AIP without a police certificate submitted? The reason why iam asking because simply i just realized that the one i sent along with the app had a stamp (no criminal record) but that stamp with in a foreign language but the rest of the info was all in english. It will take me about 2 moths to get a new one from my home country (which i already requested) any ideas or suggestions on how to avoid delays?
Hi HME,

It's totally fine if you submitted your application without your Police clearance. I submitted mine right after I got my AIP. There's nothing to worry about.

Best regards!

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Are the Police Certificate and Medical Exam will show up on E-cas? And how long will it take be show up after submission?

;D ;D ;D

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
The officers working on our cases are Human and subject to human error. I can give you one senario of how a paper application might get lost like falling off a desk and behind a filing cabinet. Just a guess....

Thanks for your reply Computergeek. Your answers are always interesting

Agree... ;) .... CPC-V also told me to change Schedule-A New Form...When I sent it on October 2012 , I used Schedule-A Old Form and suddenly they changed a little bit in the new form.... ???

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
nairaboy said:
Hi Hn1234,

I always use my wife UCI who is the sponsor and all I see is on both sponsor and applicant received! It will just be good if al the agents in CIC will be on the same page.
I absolutely agree! If only they would be consistent in their updates.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
This is out of the topic and not related to Canada Immigration :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yJbo7MZDg

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunsun said:
This is out of the topic and not related to Canada Immigration :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yJbo7MZDg
LOL I would not want to be on the same plane with them...

Patience21

Oct 11, 2012
OMG Just received exciting news!!!!!
My husband checked his email and we got the decision made letter for Permenant Residence!!
We just have to wait for Scarborough office to contact us
I can't beleive it's almost over ... They are moving pretty fast!

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Patience21 said:
My husband checked his email and we got the decision made letter for Permenant Residence!!
This is amazing news!!! I hope everyone's wait comes to an end fast :) Congratulations!!!!!

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Patience21 said:
Hey guys, did your ecas update? asking because want to be sure, whether its in sync or not :p

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canham2012 said:
Hi,

Do we just receive an email of decision made or also an hard copy of the letter in mail ?
Someone told me that it was just snail mail, but I guess it's also emailed.

I'm glad - we'll get the news much faster!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Congratulation......,patience21