N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Hi Lisa!

Just to be clear though, have you been living together with your partner for a year or more? If so, and you can prove it then you will be fine. Even if it does take some convincing on CIC's part!

VanSquirrel

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-01-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 04-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
Lisa11 said:
Thank you for all your advise. I am going to get more declarations from family and friends. As it states in the letter from immigration that declarations from others may be considered. I think I will also send more pictures and write out a new timeline of our relationship up to this date. I will also include bank stamens that verify I am supporting my partner as he is unable to work. I believe there is still a chance of approval as they did not refuse my application but asked for more info to be sent. I've already paid the fee. And it's cheaper than moving to France.
@ wolanila LOL

@Lisa11
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not positive on this one, but I think if you withdraw your application before stage 1, you get your fees refunded?

Lisa11

Oct 22, 2012
Yes we have been living together over a year, 3 months in France the 10 months in canada before we applied and continue to live together.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
I do believe you are correct Van. So Lisa, if you're unsure now is the time! Best of luck in whatever you decide.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VanSquirrel said:
@ wolanila LOL

@ Lisa11
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not positive on this one, but I think if you withdraw your application before stage 1, you get your fees refunded?
I dont think there looking for proof of genuin relationship. you need stuff what proves your in a common law relationship. You need stuff that says you were living together
VanSquirrel said:
@ wolanila LOL

@ Lisa11
You like that one huh :p

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lisa11 said:
Thank you for all your advise. I am going to get more declarations from family and friends. As it states in the letter from immigration that declarations from others may be considered. I think I will also send more pictures and write out a new timeline of our relationship up to this date. I will also include bank stamens that verify I am supporting my partner as he is unable to work. I believe there is still a chance of approval as they did not refuse my application but asked for more info to be sent. I've already paid the fee. And it's cheaper than moving to France.
Lisa where were the two of you living together for the last year? Do you have any rental agreements with both your names on it. Can you get any letters from landlords or people that may have been living with you next to you to say you were living together? Do you have anything else with both your names on it? We need to think outside the box. Do you have any utility bills phone bills internet bills. Can you get sworn affidavits from your neighboors or an outstanding member of society that knows the two of you very well like teacher lawer doctor? Im not sure if any of these things will work but These are some of the things I would look into if I were in your situation

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Loops. Thank you very much for your response. But it's sensible if CIC could realize that we previously had police clearance from our country and has never left Canada since we arrived. But I sent in my police checks with my application though. But 8 months to wait after AIP is hard. It's like our lives are put on hold because of this drawn out process. I wanna work and go back to school to upgrade my degree and all I can do is sit at home and wait to hear from cic. Very pathetic!

VanSquirrel

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-01-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 04-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Loops. Thank you very much for your response. But it's sensible if CIC could realize that we previously had police clearance from our country and has never left Canada since we arrived. But I sent in my police checks with my application though. But 8 months to wait after AIP is hard. It's like our lives are put on hold because of this drawn out process. I wanna work and go back to school to upgrade my degree and all I can do is sit at home and wait to hear from cic. Very pathetic!
I know they usually ask to re-do the medical. But do they also normally ask to re-do police clearances?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Rusty53 said:
QuebecOkie, I have added you to the spreadsheet. Welcome aboard. Did you send in Police Clearance, Medicals or OWP with your application?
No, we really had no idea what we were doing, and Quebec makes it a bit more confusing, since they're involved provincially with CIC's process, as well. Are police clearance and medicals something I should get done, or should I just respond when they request them? As for OWP, I just started working to learn french in September, so I couldn't get a job up here even if my status allowed it. I'll be lucky to be conversational in a year or two.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Vansquirrel,
They havent asked me to redfo anything, but When I was coming to Canada some two years ago I had to do medical and security checks to submit to the Canadian High Commission in Jamaica. So I was medically cleared before coming to Canada and I have never left Canada since. So that's why I was saying that CIC should also look into this and see that I didnt leave the country again and so there would be no point in asking me to wait so damn long for a stage 2 assessment

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Guys,

I finally received reply toward my "lost online work permit application"

[Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre’s e-Services Unit.
As previously mentioned in the email we sent to you on February 9, 2013, we have no record of an online application for a open work permit submitted on November 19, 2012. We therefore recommend you to submit a brand new application.
For your information, if you submit a new online application, a new payment will be required. Consequently, you may request a refund of your receipt R****** by following the instructions below:
You may request a refund by sending an email to HPM.Prod@cic.gc.ca or a fax to (613) 952-6399.
You should include the following information in your message:
Your name;
Your mailing address;
The reason you want a refund;
The date of transaction;
The receipt number;
First 2 numbers of the credit card;
Last 4 numbers of the credit card; and
The credit card expiration date.

You should receive a refund approximately eight weeks after we receive the information requested above. The refund will be done directly on credit card. If the credit card is expired, a cheque will be issued.
Lastly, a work permit can only be processed urgently for the following reasons:

a *doctor who is:
changing employers;
moving to another province; or

renewing their medical license;
and
*involved in the treatment of patients; or
a pathologist involved in the treatment of cancer patients;

a live-in caregiver who is urgently needed to provide care to:
an elderly person; or
a person with a disability;
OR
a worker who is travelling urgently due to:
death in the family; or
serious illness.
* A doctor who teaches, but is not actively involved in the treatment of patients, is not eligible to have his application processed urgently.
We hope this information is helpful.
Sincerely,]

Now what the hell? apply again? wait 56 days??????????
I have a job offer that will go out the window because of these clowns. what should I do?
Iam going to CPC Mississauga to protest.....with banners and few bananas, (incase I get hungry ;D)

any suggestions?

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ Vansquirrel,
They havent asked me to redfo anything, but When I was coming to Canada some two years ago I had to do medical and security checks to submit to the Canadian High Commission in Jamaica. So I was medically cleared before coming to Canada and I have never left Canada since. So that's why I was saying that CIC should also look into this and see that I didnt leave the country again and so there would be no point in asking me to wait so damn long for a stage 2 assessment
I know it sucks! but yes at least in my case they asked for it again, what they explained to me and its kind of logic, is that even if you havent been to the country after you got the police check, you can still "commit a crime" by being part of an investigation. Let said that after you left the country (and after you got a clear police check) they discover you were part of a fraud or a gang or something like that.

It is an extreme case but that is the example CIC gave me and that is why they can ask for it again even if you havent been to the country, I honestly find it completelly anoying and useless. I wasnt happy at all when they asked me again for it, and I really hope they dont ask you for them because I know its a pain in the ass to spend time and money on that again!

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
dk_fb said:
thank you for respond. They want documents like passport pages, marriage certificate etc. If they will process OWP with PR, they already have all the documents that is why I confused:) When I check the spreadsheet I guess my Aip may come in couple weeks.Do you have any idea, What happens if AIP comes before they receive OWP app? Thank youu
Well, either way you will have to send in the application for OWP, so sending it now versus later isn't much of an issue. And yes, when I sent in my OWP, I had to send all those documents again, I just made an extra copy when I was sorting everything for the PR to send in with the OWP.

Andrea2013

Feb 20, 2013
hello, as I have read countless times in many forums, my doubt is: CAN IN TRAVEL OUTSIDE CANADA WHILE WAITING FOR MY INLAND APPLICATION?

My situation is the following: my husband and I have been legally married for over 12 years. We have 2 children born outside Canada, but both children were registered at the Canadian Consulate and have their Canadian citizenship. During these 12 years we have spent many vacations in Canada (both in summer and Christmas time).
We intend to apply from Canada - inland - because we believe it will be better considering I need to be there with the children all the time and they will be attending school.
However I might need to travel back to my country for short periods of time. I do have a valid multiple-entry tourist visa.
Anyone has an opinion if I should be able to travel back and forth?

Thanks

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
sounion said:
Well, either way you will have to send in the application for OWP, so sending it now versus later isn't much of an issue. And yes, when I sent in my OWP, I had to send all those documents again, I just made an extra copy when I was sorting everything for the PR to send in with the OWP.
Lesson of the day : For people sending an inland sponsorship , SEND IT WITH AN OPEN WORK PERMIT application. It gives implied status, and will give you the open work permit right after AIP (6 months).