Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
xxpazaway said:
Allah Hu Akbar
Elhamdullillah!
Im so happy for you and your family
Thanks xxpazaway , just curious to know if your medical was expired too? I had to re-did my medical on Oct 2nd and yours I believe on Sept 29th so I am sure Inshaallah you will also be receiving the DM soon too.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@nahmed,

Yes send it to the Vegreville address i send to you. This is where you send any additional information, during the processing of your application. The address is quite similar to the one you send in your PR application; only diifferent postal codes. :D ;D ;) You're so funny. I am thinking about doing an immigration consultancy course when I become PR because there are a nuumber of people who need the help. But I have learnt a whole lot of things on here. This forum is a consultant by itself

dk_fb

Nov 2, 2012
Hi guys, can you just give me someinformation about OWP. Here is my sitiuation; My file recieved on Oct 12 and started processing on December 17 2012. I did not get AIP yet. My study permit expired on November 2012.

Can I still send OWP app in order to process with PR app. right now?

If yes, I filled the "Application to change conditions extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker" is this form true?

Shoul I send all the documents on checklist which I have sent already with PR application? or just the form and receipt of payment enough?

Appretiate for any help thank you

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Congrats nonoo ,great news and a hope for all us :)

A confusion if anyone could clear..

I recently got my GCMS file from cic and it says medical passed - expired of my hubby coz we did that an year ago at the time of filing application while my daughters med is passed as it was done in oct upon cic request.

So i was jus wondering will they ask for remed now ?

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
CONGRATULATIONS NOONOO!! That's terrific news and makes my day brighter :D

dk_fb said:
Can I still send OWP app in order to process with PR app. right now?

If yes, I filled the "Application to change conditions extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker" is this form true?

Shoul I send all the documents on checklist which I have sent already with PR application? or just the form and receipt of payment enough?
You should still be able to send the OWP app into CIC and ask them to attach it to your file, yes.

That is the correct form, but it's generic so there may be a lot of stuff that doesn't apply to you. Attach a piece of paper to the back of that form explaining that you want to file an OWP with your PR app. Include your UCI number and the details of your PR application (date filed, etc.).

If I remember correctly, you send all the documents on the checklist. Perhaps minus the security clearances. Someone with more experience can elaborate on this though.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
nonoo said:
Thanks xxpazaway , just curious to know if your medical was expired too? I had to re-did my medical on Oct 2nd and yours I believe on Sept 29th so I am sure Inshaallah you will also be receiving the DM soon too.
Youre welcome!
They didnt ask to re-do my medical. It was extended. Inshallah they will process mine.

dk_fb

Nov 2, 2012
sounion said:
CONGRATULATIONS NOONOO!! That's terrific news and makes my day brighter :D

You should still be able to send the OWP app into CIC and ask them to attach it to your file, yes.

That is the correct form, but it's generic so there may be a lot of stuff that doesn't apply to you. Attach a piece of paper to the back of that form explaining that you want to file an OWP with your PR app. Include your UCI number and the details of your PR application (date filed, etc.).

If I remember correctly, you send all the documents on the checklist. Perhaps minus the security clearances. Someone with more experience can elaborate on this though.
thank you for respond. They want documents like passport pages, marriage certificate etc. If they will process OWP with PR, they already have all the documents that is why I confused:) When I check the spreadsheet I guess my Aip may come in couple weeks.Do you have any idea, What happens if AIP comes before they receive OWP app? Thank youu

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
I did medical and police check for Canada when I was comng here 2 yrs ago. I have not left the country since I came here. Since they have a previous medical and background clearance for me, do u believe that could reduce the time for my second stage?

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Thanks all for the kind wishes - very busy in work at the minute so haven;t been on in a while.

Congrats Nonoo and all who have gotten AIP and through since I was last here.

ALl the best,

CanED.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
I did medical and police check for Canada when I was comng here 2 yrs ago. I have not left the country since I came here. Since they have a previous medical and background clearance for me, do u believe that could reduce the time for my second stage?
Hi Jiggyzealous!

I did my medicals and my background check 2 and a half years ago when I first moved to Canada and as you, I have been here ever since and they asked for them again, I asked them if I can used the same and the answer was no, the reason why is actually because 1st. I sent them for a different reason (work permit, not PR) and 2nd. The medical exams are not valid anymore after 1 year and for the police check is the same thing, most of them are not valid after 3, 6 or 12 months depending of the country.

Hope it helps, you can always give them a call and ask, but I just in case, start preparing everything to get your police checks so you can have them on time :)

Lisa11

Oct 22, 2012
New to this site. Sent application aug 31. ARO received Nov. 28.. Received letter from immigration yesterday staring we did not provide enough evidence of common law relationship. I sent notarized declaration of common law union form. Sent joint bank account and beneficiary form. They say the documentation was not dated one year prior to application Sent pictures, emails,Skype documentation and four letters from family members. They are asking us to send more evidence. I don't know what else I can send but more letters from family members. What are my chances of receiving AIP. Or is my application going to be refused ??

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
May be you will get an interview in VO in your city...

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Lisa11 said:
New to this site. Sent application aug 31. ARO received Nov. 28.. Received letter from immigration yesterday staring we did not provide enough evidence of common law relationship. I sent notarized declaration of common law union form. Sent joint bank account and beneficiary form. They say the documentation was not dated one year prior to application Sent pictures, emails,Skype documentation and four letters from family members. They are asking us to send more evidence. I don't know what else I can send but more letters from family members. What are my chances of receiving AIP. Or is my application going to be refused ??
Hi Lisa. The issue you are experiencing here comes down to the fundamentals of the definition of "Common-Law". So, you have to prove that you have been living together in a committed, marriage like partnership for over a year. So, you'll have to provide evidence of this! Did out any lease agreements or mortgages you may have, get a statement of account from you bank dating back as far as you can go. Basically, get as much proof that you have been living with your partner for over a year. If you can do this, then you will be fine! If not, I fear that you may have to withdraw, marry and reapply as a Spouse. If you can't prove you've been living together for a year I would withdraw the application rather than leave it to CIC to refuse, as this will make your next application more suspect. I hope this helps, and I'm sure more senior members have other advice.

Good luck!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
That's why we stayed far from using common law because as a young couple starting out how were we going to find all those things to prove to CIC. You might need to ask ur landlord to do up a lease for u and date it back as far as a year preceding your application, joint ownership of house, vehicle, loan, insurance, a child, etc. Its too demanding because CIC knows common law is less binding than a marriage; hence the overwhelming requirements. All the very best

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Indeed jiggy. That's part of the reason why my wife and I married in the first place. We knew we were committed to being together forever, but we weren't big marriage people. But we knew that somewhere down the line, we'd benefit from our relationship having official status. And here we are! It was also one hell of an excuse for a party. :)