Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
Andrea2013 said:
hello, as I have read countless times in many forums, my doubt is: CAN IN TRAVEL OUTSIDE CANADA WHILE WAITING FOR MY INLAND APPLICATION?

My situation is the following: my husband and I have been legally married for over 12 years. We have 2 children born outside Canada, but both children were registered at the Canadian Consulate and have their Canadian citizenship. During these 12 years we have spent many vacations in Canada (both in summer and Christmas time).
We intend to apply from Canada - inland - because we believe it will be better considering I need to be there with the children all the time and they will be attending school.
However I might need to travel back to my country for short periods of time. I do have a valid multiple-entry tourist visa.
Anyone has an opinion if I should be able to travel back and forth?

Thanks

As you can read from many posters here who went in and out of Canada while an inland sponsorship is in process, they had no trouble and was able to go in and out of the country. But for whatever reason you might be refused entry, then the application will be abandoned which is why it is not advised.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Darwinwap
So since I was out of status when I sent in my application, the OWP application that I added later on will give me implied status automatically? Or it would only apply to applicants who had status while they sent their applications in? Please advise :-X

Andrea2013

Feb 20, 2013
thank you Darwinwap...

Yes, I know... It seems everyone has the same doubt and the same fear of not being allowed to get back into Canada.
So, another question: if I am traveling on a visitor visa, and I am asked only the basic questions by an immigration officer at the border, which is what has happened all the time in the last 12 years, does this immigration officer have means of knowing that I´ve applied for permanent residency? Or I am obliged to tell them? Sorry, really confused about how it works...

And if I apply from my country, can I do stay with my kids while they are going to school on my tourist visa???

Thanks

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ Darwinwap
So since I was out of status when I sent in my application, the OWP application that I added later on will give me implied status automatically? Or it would only apply to applicants who had status while they sent their applications in? Please advise :-X
I'm pretty sure you're ok since you have a sponsorship and open work permit application sent although you wont be able to get health insurance, license, SIN etc. till your open work permit is approved.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
THanks very much Darwinwap. I can wait until the OWP is approved. Its hould be by the latest April 26 so I am waiting. But I was hearing that since I was out of status I might be called in for an interview and my file might be transferred. I dont mind an interview but its gonna add months to my waiting and immigration is not the only thing I have in my life. I need a proper career here and so the lonnger they take its the longer I take to get settled

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
Andrea2013 said:
thank you Darwinwap...

Yes, I know... It seems everyone has the same doubt and the same fear of not being allowed to get back into Canada.
So, another question: if I am traveling on a visitor visa, and I am asked only the basic questions by an immigration officer at the border, which is what has happened all the time in the last 12 years, does this immigration officer have means of knowing that I´ve applied for permanent residency? Or I am obliged to tell them? Sorry, really confused about how it works...

And if I apply from my country, can I do stay with my kids while they are going to school on my tourist visa???

Thanks
They may be able to see your application on the computer depending on how far the processing has been and may ask you about it. Just be honest and don't lie, you're not required to tell them about it if they didn't ask as well.

And yes you can stay in Canada on a tourist visa and apply outland , it might be faster that way too, the only downside of this is if they require an interview, it will be on your home country. Best of luck.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
jiggyzealous said:
THanks very much Darwinwap. I can wait until the OWP is approved. Its hould be by the latest April 26 so I am waiting. But I was hearing that since I was out of status I might be called in for an interview and my file might be transferred. I dont mind an interview but its gonna add months to my waiting and immigration is not the only thing I have in my life. I need a proper career here and so the lonnger they take its the longer I take to get settled
Welcome..Yeah once your open work permit is approved you're all set just wait for the 2nd stage to be completed. There are some who gets called in for interview but there are some who were approved right away even if they were out of status, One member here (Kiwi2) got her file transferred and she sent additional proofs by mail and she was approved for AIP without an inverview. So just hope for the best , at least you will find out by April 26. First stage used to be 11 months.

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Andrea2013 said:
hello, as I have read countless times in many forums, my doubt is: CAN IN TRAVEL OUTSIDE CANADA WHILE WAITING FOR MY INLAND APPLICATION?

My situation is the following: my husband and I have been legally married for over 12 years. We have 2 children born outside Canada, but both children were registered at the Canadian Consulate and have their Canadian citizenship. During these 12 years we have spent many vacations in Canada (both in summer and Christmas time).
We intend to apply from Canada - inland - because we believe it will be better considering I need to be there with the children all the time and they will be attending school.
However I might need to travel back to my country for short periods of time. I do have a valid multiple-entry tourist visa.
Anyone has an opinion if I should be able to travel back and forth?

Thanks

hi,

I have exactly the same situation. We are married for 19 years and have 2 kids born outside but with Canadian Citizenship.
Last year we applied for my PR inland, since they need to go to school. Since them I have traveled more than 5 times back to my country and never had any problems with Customs. They just asked me for some documents that you should have when you apply, like AOR or AIP.

Hope that helps.

Andrea2013

Feb 20, 2013
Thank you so much @Misscanada!

So from your reply I understand that you did tell them that you applied for PR?
What does AOR and AIP mean? I am very new at this, we never considered moving from my country until 2 months ago and I am fairly lost.
What are the documents that they might ask me for?

Thanks again @Darwinwap!
Since my relationship can be proved over and over, I am hoping not to need and interview. In case I apply from outside Canada, but am staying with our kids in Canada, where will I be required to do my medical exams?

Thanks everyone for your fast answers! wish I had found this forum earlier!!!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
jiggyzealous said:
@ Darwinwap
Unfortunately you don't get implied status if when you send your application have no status!-They however will restore your status after stage one if you are approved and get a work permit!!-And we wait.........

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
As I mentioned last night that i made few errors with my OWP submitted online yesterday,i called CIC today and agent helped me sending a link on how to withdraw. I just hope to get their response before 10 days as noted in their email. This is what u get when you are too excited to have an OWP,i know sutUPID ME.. :-[ :-[ :-[ ::)

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
Andrea2013 said:
Thanks again @ Darwinwap!
Since my relationship can be proved over and over, I am hoping not to need and interview. In case I apply from outside Canada, but am staying with our kids in Canada, where will I be required to do my medical exams?

Thanks everyone for your fast answers! wish I had found this forum earlier!!!
You're welcome. If you have a strong case then I guess no need for interview , plus you can extend your visitors visa while in Canada just let them know you have an outland sponsorship application and you want to stay with your kids and spouse till its finalized.. I'm pretty sure you can get your medicals in Canada even for outland but just to be sure use the instruction guide found on cic website on sponsorship family class - outside Canada. Best of luck.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Darwinwap You continue to be a breath of fresh air. Yes I remember when stage one used to be 11 months. I hope stage 2 could be reduced too. But when it was used to be 11 months I have known ppeople who were got landing interview within the 11 months. My friend her stage 1 and 2 were all done in 11 months. I couldnt find anything else to give CIC to prove that we are genuine. I even included a letter, in response to question 12 of the questionnaire that we are willing to facilitate CIC into our home to come and have dinner with us if they really want to know if we are genuine

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I guess it may be time for me to wade in on the OWP issue. I also submitted an OWP online in mid January. By reading all of the posts it would appear as though I was also in err by sending my application online for an OWP. If this is the case it looks as though I may have to resubmit a paper application (how archaic). Am I right or not? Help please.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Rusty Yes, you were not supposed to submit it online. It was supposed to be sent in with proof that you applied for PR like the file number and your sponsor's UCI. When you mail it in it will be attached to your file so when the officer starts to process your file he can approve an OWP when you are eligible to be sponsored. On the top of the application you must write Open Work Permit- spousal sponsorship in canada class so they will know that thee applications are related and get assessed at the same time. So I would write a letter with my file numbers to CIC, send with another completed copy of the OWP and tell them that you submitted it online but later heard thats not the correct procedure. Ask them to attach it to your file