Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 15, 2012
Med's Request
Meds req sent in Oct with AIP and OWP(OWP filed in Aug)
Med's Done....
last week of November appeared on E-Cas in Dec.
Interview........
may not be required
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Thank you so much for your response! Nope, she doesn't have a Nexus card. Well, it's nice to know that she has a very low risk of not being allowed for re-entry. I just hope that she will be landed before we actually make plans of visiting her family. Hopefully by US Thanksgiving she'll be landed.

computergeek said:
No, she only needs one temporary status document and a work permit is sufficient.

The risk in travel is that she might be refused re-entry into the country. It's very unlikely, but it is a risk and the risk is there whether she travels alone or with you. But a US Citizen with no criminality and an active work permit really would need to have some sort of serious issue (e.g., criminality) to be refused re-entry.

She doesn't happen to have a Nexus card does she? That further minimizes the already low risk...

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
I got some bad/ mix newz today...i need your help
My wife( applicant) aip letter was lost on oct 3 in mail delivery.
Today,exactly 3 month after i got a file copy of that aip letter, in the letter they had asked her to resubmit scheduale A background form again ? Does this mean another 3 month delay?
They also asked my wife to provide passport/ iranian police certificate? She got no passport since she was a refugee. And also the iranian embassy in ottawa hasbeen shut down since last year...so even if we wanted to try the impossible thing to dare to try fo applying for those things inside that embassy, now we cant..
To even make my day even worse. They had given me untill dec 31/2012....and igot the letter today

Plz for god sake someone tell me what to do. Or show me a tall building to jump off

I also took the aip letter to ontario service trying to get my wife the health coverage ..since cic sent me a file copy of the original they said they cant issue any health card in abSence of the original copy...i demand justice..just 2 weeks ago i paid $180 for her doctor visit:(((

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Kayvanblue said:
I got some bad/ mix newz today...i need your help
My wife( applicant) aip letter was lost on oct 3 in mail delivery.
Today,exactly 3 month after i got a file copy of that aip letter, in the letter they had asked her to resubmit scheduale A background form again ? Does this mean another 3 month delay?
They also asked my wife to provide passport/ iranian police certificate? She got no passport since she was a refugee. And also the iranian embassy in ottawa hasbeen shut down since last year...so even if we wanted to try the impossible thing to dare to try fo applying for those things inside that embassy, now we cant..

Plz for god sake someone tell me what to do. Or show me a tall building to jump off
Well, yes, there will be some sort of delay. Odds are she left a gap in the history for Schedule A - that's the # 1 reason they reject it and ask for it again.

As for the document, was she granted refugee status? If so, get her a refugee document from Passport Canada - http://www.ppt.gc.ca/pptc/documents.aspx - that's enough for CIC.

Otherwise, she must have a passport or travel document. The only way to waive that requirement is to submit an H&C application.

In the US, Iranian affairs are administered through the Pakistani Embassy. See http://www.daftar.org/Far/default.asp?lang=far

I know that this is where Iranian students were being referred as well, so she may wish to contact them in Washington, D.C. and see if they can assist her in obtaining a travel document and/or passport. Remember - she only needs a travel document to satisfy CIC (as per the regulations) she doesn't need a passport. Interestingly, CBSA would have to obtain a travel document to deport her in any case, and I suspect they would get it from the Iranian Interests Section.

There is an application for a travel document on their website.

You'd best inform CIC of the delay in your response as well, and explain the situation with the passport and state you are attempting to obtain a passport and/or travel document ASAP and will keep them apprised.

She cannot land without a travel document or passport. That's hard and fast in the rules - the only option is to request being exempted from that requirement via the Humanitarian and Compassionate route.

I hope this helps, sorry that it's probably not what you wanted to hear.

kentr

Aug 2, 2012
Hi,
I am a Canadian sponsoring my Taiwanese wife's PR. She is currently on an extendable visitor's visa that will expire 15/02/12. She was told at Vancouver that it was valid for 6 months-but with no expiry date stamped in her passport. So, now I'm assuming that we just go online to extend it, right? CIC has notified us that my sponsorship application has been received and is being processed.
I should be sorted by applying for a visitor visa extension online, correct?
Thanks,
Kent

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kentr said:
Hi,
I am a Canadian sponsoring my Taiwanese wife's PR. She is currently on an extendable visitor's visa that will expire 15/02/12. She was told at Vancouver that it was valid for 6 months-but with no expiry date stamped in her passport. So, now I'm assuming that we just go online to extend it, right? CIC has notified us that my sponsorship application has been received and is being processed.
I should be sorted by applying for a visitor visa extension online, correct?
Thanks,
Kent
Yes, exactly. When they review her request, they will see she has a pending PR application. As long as you include evidence that you will continue to support her during her stay it is most likely they will grant her an extension.

Note that there's no reason to apply early - as long as she applies before the existing VR expires, she is allows to remain in Canada under "implied status".

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
computergeek said:
Well, yes, there will be some sort of delay. Odds are she left a gap in the history for Schedule A - that's the # 1 reason they reject it and ask for it again.

As for the document, was she granted refugee status? If so, get her a refugee document from Passport Canada - http://www.ppt.gc.ca/pptc/documents.aspx - that's enough for CIC.

Otherwise, she must have a passport or travel document. The only way to waive that requirement is to submit an H&C application.

In the US, Iranian affairs are administered through the Pakistani Embassy. See http://www.daftar.org/Far/default.asp?lang=far

I know that this is where Iranian students were being referred as well, so she may wish to contact them in Washington, D.C. and see if they can assist her in obtaining a travel document and/or passport. Remember - she only needs a travel document to satisfy CIC (as per the regulations) she doesn't need a passport. Interestingly, CBSA would have to obtain a travel document to deport her in any case, and I suspect they would get it from the Iranian Interests Section.

There is an application for a travel document on their website.

You'd best inform CIC of the delay in your response as well, and explain the situation with the passport and state you are attempting to obtain a passport and/or travel document ASAP and will keep them apprised.

She cannot land without a travel document or passport. That's hard and fast in the rules - the only option is to request being exempted from that requirement via the Humanitarian and Compassionate route.

I hope this helps, sorry that it's probably not what you wanted to hear.
Thanks a million...thanks alot for all these infoo...i was so stuned by the cic letter ..that i did not bother seeing the other lettter..and now i am even more shocked !! There was another letter for her second and last refugee board hearing..it is in february...she has beeen waiting for this moment for over 5 yrs now..

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We just received our GCMS notes today. Everything looks well, it is not hard to read but also some things are not easy to understand. If I understand everything correctly I think everything except our security check is finished.

Everything else is passed

Eligibility Passed and Due date is in September 2013, is this the bring forward date???

Medical Passed and validity date is in Feb 2013 which is a year from when we had it done, it also has a due date of June 2013? and there is also a Valid Until Date: which is Feb 2014 ?? ??

What do all these dates mean?

Criminality passed and the validity date is Sept. 2014

RCMP passed with no reportable trace with a validity date of June 2013

Looks like all is well and everything is in order and it doesn't look like they need anything else but security screening to come back.

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
Guys can you tell me how i should send the requested/ additional document to to vegreville?
Do i needa cover letter and check list page?how long will it take for them to open the envElope? Is it gonna be equal time as they open the actual full package to send Aor ?
is this the address?
Immigration Officer
CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

Tnx

sandman

Aug 17, 2012
wolanila said:
We just received our GCMS notes today. Everything looks well, it is not hard to read but also some things are not easy to understand. If I understand everything correctly I think everything except our security check is finished.

Everything else is passed

Eligibility Passed and Due date is in September 2013, is this the bring forward date???

Medical Passed and validity date is in Feb 2013 which is a year from when we had it done, it also has a due date of June 2013? and there is also a Valid Until Date: which is Feb 2014 ?? ??

What do all these dates mean?

Criminality passed and the validity date is Sept. 2014

RCMP passed with no reportable trace with a validity date of June 2013

Looks like all is well and everything is in order and it doesn't look like they need anything else but security screening to come back.
wolanila,

how can i get this info?

sandman

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wolanila said:
In my experience, security dates are redacted. In my own notes it was obvious when things had happened because the record was in the notes, but the dates had been redacted out - but since it fell between two records on the same date I could easily figure out that security had been done on the same date.

It sounds like your file is awaiting VO review and then you're done. If they haven't extended your medicals by May (15 months from the original date) then they would have to request new medicals (June 2013). Some of those dates are just triggers, so they are set far out.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sandman said:
wolanila,

how can i get this info?

sandman
Make a privacy act request. Search for "privacy" on the CIC website and follow the first link. It leads to a form that you fill out - you want your electronic notes - and you can mail, fax or scan and e-mail to the ATIP office. If you request your own information there is no charge ("privacy act"). If you request information about anyone other than yourself there is a $5 charge ("access to information") and you must have their permission if it is personal data about them (there's a separate form for that).

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
In my experience, security dates are redacted. In my own notes it was obvious when things had happened because the record was in the notes, but the dates had been redacted out - but since it fell between two records on the same date I could easily figure out that security had been done on the same date.

It sounds like your file is awaiting VO review and then you're done. If they haven't extended your medicals by May (15 months from the original date) then they would have to request new medicals (June 2013). Some of those dates are just triggers, so they are set far out.
thank you for helping me to understand this computergeek. So I guess I could order electronic notes again may to see if they have extended the medical so I can try to get ahead a bit. Or maybe this is something I can ask the call center to check out for me? Hopefully they will church it before June to see if the medical can be extended.

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
guys!!!! I think we got the AIP ??

my husband received an email that he had met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. is that so?
and I received a mail that I am accepted as an applicant for PR!
is that the AIP??????

and yes that they issued me an OWP!!!!!

i'm gonna dye of happiness

zstudent

Aug 15, 2011
Hello Experts,

My sister came to Canada on a TRV in March 2012, we applied for her extension in September which got denied in December and she is being asked to leave. However, in the mean while she got engaged in September, and got married few days ago.

My question is, after her husband applies for inland sponsorship, how long does it take to get acknowledgment and complete process to be completed. Also, since she is now illegal here, does it affect her sponsorship application?

Thankyou,

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
bibace said:
guys!!!! I think we got the AIP ??

my husband received an email that he had met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. is that so?
and I received a mail that I am accepted as an applicant for PR!
is that the AIP??????

and yes that they issued me an OWP!!!!!

i'm gonna dye of happiness
Congratulations!!! yes it is an AIP .. Glad to see things moving :)