31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I believe it still is.

Wolanila, did you see my message about who helped you with your health card?

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Hi

I would like please some advice, well here is my situation I got AIP and got an open work permit, I'm already working, was hoping to get the DM but seems this won't happen anytime soon, for what I've been reading there lots of us still waiting , I want to travel to my home country for the holidays for 3 weeks, my bOyfriend (the sponsor) will meet me there since at his job he can't have the same amount of time off like me, will be ok to leave while I am in the process? Since I have a job I was hoping not to have any problem.I know I could call CIC and ask too, but I would prefer have some of you giving me advice since we r in the same "waiting game" :) and if somebody leave and come back please let me know your experience , will highly appreciate any thoughts.

Karito

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Sent in october 2012 along w police cert
Interview........
we were asked for another police cert sept 2013
Passport Req..
they received new police cert nov 2013
Hey karito. Why do u say the landing thing wont happen any time soon? What have u read?

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
moeytja said:
Hey karito. Why do u say the landing thing wont happen any time soon? What have u read?
Well there's ppl here that got AIP like 5 months ago or so, and I read the thread from
Inlands 2011 there too is the same waiting case, and plus in the Canada website says second stage is 8 months , that's why I think won't happen this year at least , that's fine I mean even the 2010 lots of ppl waiting for over 2 years, I just think that's not fair especially for them, so I'm fine with my actual situation maybe that's why my hopes arent high but thats just me who knows.

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
Karito said:
Hi

I would like please some advice, well here is my situation I got AIP and got an open work permit, I'm already working, was hoping to get the DM but seems this won't happen anytime soon, for what I've been reading there lots of us still waiting , I want to travel to my home country for the holidays for 3 weeks, my bOyfriend (the sponsor) will meet me there since at his job he can't have the same amount of time off like me, will be ok to leave while I am in the process? Since I have a job I was hoping not to have any problem.I know I could call CIC and ask too, but I would prefer have some of you giving me advice since we r in the same "waiting game" :) and if somebody leave and come back please let me know your experience , will highly appreciate any thoughts.

Karito
Hi Karito,

Im actually in the same situation. Im holding my air ticket until December and see what is going on. As I read from last posts, it's very dangerous for us if we leave when application is in process. At least, we must land in local office first, and just wait for PR. Im not sure if we can come back with a valid working permit or study permit as usual. Some case it depends on the officer in immigrant gate :(

It seems cic is speeding up stage 1, and it makes over work in stage 2 (I guess) haha. Some people who applied last year even havent heart anything, so....we must continously wait :(

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Hi,

Just for my own experience I had no problem travelling in and out of Canada during my application. I applied on June 11st,2012 and still waiting......

First time my mother got sick and I had to travel back and stayed out of Canada for a month. On the way back they only asked if I had any papers from CIC (at that time I had none), just explain that I still waiting for AOR.

Next time had travel back to sell our property and was out for two weeks, on the way back just showed them my AOR and they gave a one year visitor visa, instead of 6 months.

Just be prepare to take some of your docs with you.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusty53 said:
I believe it still is.

Wolanila, did you see my message about who helped you with your health card?
Sorry Rusty I must have missed that. The person I talked to who was working on my application was named Diana, but I think she needed to talk to the supervisor to find out how to process the application. The supervisors name is Caron. When we applied for the healthcard we submitted my wife's passport front page, Canada entry pages, and visa page. we also submitted her visa extension, her AIP letter, and my self and my parents also wrote a letter to give evidence of residence since she has no bank account or bills. I think the visa extension was important for some reason because her coverage started the day her visa extension was issued and her health card expires the day her visiting status expires. So that means we can get our money back for any time she might of went to the doctor from last July until now. I think they need to see that she has some kind of status and that it is not expired and I'm thinking that if we didn't extend her visa that the coverage would be from the AIP date but I'm not sure those are just thoughts. when we finally sorted everything out with saskhealth it the reason they were having trouble with the application was that they did not understand the AIP letter as meaning she had an application in process and we were asked to submit a copy of the screen print out of her ecas which says her application is in process and the date they started processing it. We sent in both pages and she was covered immediately. Hope this helps

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
Karito said:
Hi

Karito
I have left the country many times since I applied. However, I have to say that I never left while my application was "in process". My application was in process for only a week because I had provided everything (meds, police clearance) at the same time as my application. Even though I have not experienced this exact same situation, if I were you, here's what I would do:
go home for the holiday. You are talking about the Christmas holidays right ?
Since you have a work permit, you should be able to leave and come back. If you are from a country that requires a visa, make sure you also have it.
If you get a mail giving you an interview date before you leave, reschedule it as needed.
Give the mailbox key to somebody you trust to check your mail for when both you and your boyfriend will be out of country.
if any mail comes up with a landing interview date, don't forget you can always reschedule if the date isn't OK.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What country are you from Karito? is it visa exempt? Do you have a multiple entry visa?

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Thanks everybody for the advice, I'm from Ecuador and forgot to said I have a valid multiple entry work visa.

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
yesterday we got the AOR :)
so excited and scared too :(
i hope everything it's going to be ok
fingers crossed

app. sent 28th June 2012
app. received 3rd July 2012
AOR 30th October 2012

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Sandman

I am totally excited. Knowing that CIC actually acknowledges us is a great start.

Bibace, get yourself added to the spreadsheet.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
bibace i added you to the spreadsheet already.

Just so new people know the sheet is open to the public which means you can update your own timeline if you want. I haven't said much here recently but i check once in a while and if i see someone hasnt added themselves, i add them ;D.

I can't believe CIC is moving as quickly as they are!! that's amazing!! it must be the new application barcode.

** and just a side note, i added the OWP column just to give more detail on the timeline, if you haven't asked for an OWP just put N/A in that spot and if you have, put your dates. 8)

Congrats to those who received their AIP and those who just began the wait!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!! :-X

is anyone dressing up????