+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Jun 24, 2011
Hello,
me and my husband applied inland and we sent the papers on October 1, 2012 to Vegrville.
I was just reading the beginning of this thread and someone said that you have to attach the use of a representative form even if you are not using one ... but we didn't. On the CIC website you can read the following: Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)

"Must be completed by the sponsor and his or her spouse or common‑law partner, if they choose to use a representative "

I guess it means that we didn't have to send it. I am starting to panic, every few days I panic that there's something wrong with the papers we sent and he is here, so there is no option for them to return the papers, his visa expires in two weeks ... When should we receive a letter stating that they have opened a file and are starting to process the application?
I just want to know that they are working on the papers ... no matter if we have to wait for another year or more. As long as they are working on them and we can stay together, everything will be ok.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
0979230 said:
I am starting to panic, every few days I panic that there's something wrong with the papers we sent and he is here, so there is no option for them to return the papers, his visa expires in two weeks ... When should we receive a letter stating that they have opened a file and are starting to process the application?
I just want to know that they are working on the papers ... no matter if we have to wait for another year or more. As long as they are working on them and we can stay together, everything will be ok.
This is a terrible condition - Immigration Nightmare Syndrome, where you think and re-think and over-think the application and process.

If you don't have a representative, you don't need the form.

In general, for an inland application if they send an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) it seems to be 4-6 weeks before they start processing the application - so that would mean 4 months. Since he has a visa, he should be able to use the UCI from the visa to log into e-CAS and see if anything has been entered into the system, but even that usually takes several months.

The only thing you can do now is wait. Ironically, not hearing anything actually means everything is fine. CIC only contacts you when they want something generally. For an inland application the minimal contact scenario would be:

- An AOR
- AIP ("sponsor approval" or "first stage approval" or "approval in priniciple")
- Decision Made
- Landing interview

If you get additional requests, they add time to the process usually. Negative acknowledgement systems are terrible in many ways, but that's immigration.

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
0979230 said:
Hello,
me and my husband applied inland and we sent the papers on October 1, 2012 to Vegrville.
I was just reading the beginning of this thread and someone said that you have to attach the use of a representative form even if you are not using one ... but we didn't. On the CIC website you can read the following: Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)

"Must be completed by the sponsor and his or her spouse or common‑law partner, if they choose to use a representative "

I guess it means that we didn't have to send it. I am starting to panic, every few days I panic that there's something wrong with the papers we sent and he is here, so there is no option for them to return the papers, his visa expires in two weeks ... When should we receive a letter stating that they have opened a file and are starting to process the application?
i think that we also didn't send that form because we don't use a representative. person who checked our papers for final before sending them to cic didn't mentioned anything like missing. don't worry and good luck. I completely understand you, for me is also important just stay here with my family no matter how long it would last the whole process. fingers crossed!

Tea tree

Jul 31, 2012
Hi guys, I just receive my Open Work Permit today, which was issued on Oct. 24,2012. How wonderfully.

Wolanila, Thank you for your support during the waiting time.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tea tree said:
Hi guys, I just receive my Open Work Permit today, which was issued on Oct. 24,2012. How wonderfully.

Great teatree I had a feeling it was on its way.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandylew said:
I have just received AOR today. According to Canada Post CIC received my application on July 06 2012.
Oh great not long befor u get AIP

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
wolanila said:
Anyone landing in Saskatoon?

I hope so. Can you actually land in Saskatoon?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusty53 said:
I hope so. Can you actually land in Saskatoon?
I thought Saskatoon office was left open and regina closed

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
Tea tree said:

Did you apply for it at the same time as your PR application or after AIP ?