tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karito said:
Hi everybody

I've been reading and having help from what other ppl write here, i finally decide to open an account and join this forum ;D , well im about to send my application as common in law, almost have it ready to send, i want to do everything correct since is a long process of waiting, my question is about the pictures of proof, how many pictures? how to send them? i call CIC and they told me in an envelope sometimes they arent taht helpfull as they should be since that their job right to help, any ideas? i will aprecciate it ....thanks and gd luck to everybody
Karito,welcome to the thread.......am using mine as a examples we send about 30 printed pictures together with our application and we got approved so its up to you to decide how many you want to send....hope its helps.

I second some of this.My fiance and I were thinking, can we send a CD with all the pictures and such? We have a lot of trips and special occasions to account for!

i have not come across people sending picture via CD to vegreville for processing but i will advice you print them out and select the best you want to send to them to prove your relationship....welcome to the thread

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Hi Tozo

Thanks, could you be more specific i know it might sound silly, but im really frustraded because they said loose in an envelope, it means in a small envelope just the pics? inside the big envelope, i read somebody print them in bond and put caption next to each picture, or should i send the normal picture 4x6 (i have all of them save in my computer so i always can get more copies for us) and write on the back of the picture the description.

@ kyc221 i think sending the pictures in a CD is a bad idea, i read in the papers of the application they won't open any device.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karito said:
Hi Tozo

Thanks, could you be more specific i know it might sound silly, but im really frustraded because they said loose in an envelope, it means in a small envelope just the pics? inside the big envelope, i read somebody print them in bond and put caption next to each picture, or should i send the normal picture 4x6 (i have all of them save in my computer so i always can get more copies for us) and write on the back of the picture the description.

@ kyc221 i think sending the pictures in a CD is a bad idea, i read in the papers of the application they won't open any device.
Karito,well this whats i did when sending in my pictures with my PR applications,i send in about 30 pictures in a small envelope together with the application and all supporting document in a bigger envelope....yes you can send in 4x6 and you will be fine....good luck

the_ts

Sep 6, 2011
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could give me a little information on the visa extension process if my wife and I apply for inland sponsorship while she is here on a visitor visa. Her visa has already heen approved and she will be arriving here in March however here "return" ticket has been purchased for just 18 days later as she is coming with her mother and her mother will be going home then. My concern is if at entry she is not given the full 6 month visa but just the 18 days her ticket is for. As of today the plan is to get married 3 days before her visa could expire, if we mail the application that same day is that the application date or is it the day they receive the application at the office? So my real question is do we need to move the wesding date to give more time to sendthe application or is the application considered submitted the day you mail it? Obviously if she gets the 6 month visa we avoid this problem altogether, but we have to plan for the worst. I guess one more question would be Do they usually just give 6 month visitor visas or do they limit them to the date of the return flight? My fiance is mexican for the record. Thanks so much for any advice!!

yankanuck

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks formatting the chart together Tozo!!! I just checked and our application is still not on ecas.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kyc221 said:
I second some of this.
My fiance and I were thinking, can we send a CD with all the pictures and such? We have a lot of trips and special occasions to account for!
CIC will not look at a CD. You have to print the photos if you want them to be considered as part of your evidence.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_ts said:
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could give me a little information on the visa extension process if my wife and I apply for inland sponsorship while she is here on a visitor visa. Her visa has already heen approved and she will be arriving here in March however here "return" ticket has been purchased for just 18 days later as she is coming with her mother and her mother will be going home then. My concern is if at entry she is not given the full 6 month visa but just the 18 days her ticket is for. As of today the plan is to get married 3 days before her visa could expire, if we mail the application that same day is that the application date or is it the day they receive the application at the office? So my real question is do we need to move the wesding date to give more time to sendthe application or is the application considered submitted the day you mail it? Obviously if she gets the 6 month visa we avoid this problem altogether, but we have to plan for the worst. I guess one more question would be Do they usually just give 6 month visitor visas or do they limit them to the date of the return flight? My fiance is mexican for the record. Thanks so much for any advice!!
hello the_ts,welocme to the thread,....on arrival she will be ask some few questions and then given the 6 month visa to stay.so its up to you to plan so u can submit the PR application .she can also do the visa extension here and apply for the PR as well.just want you to know that the processing time for the first stage is 11-12 months and she cannot work before that time until she get AIP.....hope its helps you.good luck.

the_ts

Sep 6, 2011
tozo said:
hello the_ts,welocme to the thread,....on arrival she will be ask some few questions and then given the 6 month visa to stay.so its up to you to plan so u can submit the PR application .she can also do the visa extension here and apply for the PR as well.just want you to know that the processing time for the first stage is 11-12 months and she cannot work before that time until she get AIP.....hope its helps you.good luck.
Hi, thanks for the response :) Yes we are aware of how most of the process works. I was just told that occasionally immigration will not give them 6 months when entering the country, but a shorter time limit, if they have reason to. Which is why I was wondering what would happen if she only gets a three week visa and we get married 5 days before. If we just have to mail the application before the expiry, or if immigration has to receive the application at their office (so say it takes a week to arrive via mail, that would take a week off our time we need to get married by). And yes like you said she could also apply for a visa extension as soon as she gets here, but with that I am worried they would say no. I am just trying to limit the risk as much as possible hehe, and plan for every possibility. If all goes well she will get a 6 month visa and this wont be an issue at all. Because we already have the wedding date set for 2 weeks after she arrives.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, we are sending our application in tomorrow. I hope we remembered everything.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can u still submit evidence even after u submitted it app?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, we have just sent our application today through ups next day shipping. I am very happy that the application is finnally on its way. Should expect to see it signed for tomorrow sometime. I was so excited when we were sending the package that my hand was shaking to much for me to write the address and my wife had to write it for me. The only think Im a little worried about is that we could not send call logs because before I went to china I was using calling cards and skype and my computer broke down and I lost the call logs. The call logs from china are hard to get here in Canada, we do have one month for augest but that is all. Im thinking we should send back our sim cards and have one of her friends get the call logs for us. I hope I can still submit them at a later date. Other than that the rest of our evidence was pretty solid I though. we have about 200 pic from trips, friends, brothers wedding, family, we have plane tickets, chat logs, cards from my family that had wedding money in them. We didn't have a wedding ceremony because my family would not be able to make it to china so we decided to have it at a later date. we also submitted the contract we both signed in china for our apartment there, our cell phone contracts here in canada that are signed in my name, letters from my friends and family that atest to our genuine relationship- I think we had around 7 letters. I am thinking to get more letters and send them in. I have a good feeling in my heart and I can feel that everything will work out.

Thanks for listening everyone

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If u don't mind spending more money u have some options on send times. We sent ours ups and it will arrive next day. U can chech different. Curriers in ur area to see delivery times.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wolanila said:
awe..... so lonely in here !!
well inland application 2012 is building up slowly......welcome to the thread. when did vegreville received your application?