+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
My fiance's dad is going to marry us since he is an ordained minister here. Will CIC think it's weird and suspect that we are not genuine? There's a part in the forms that asks who performed the wedding ceremony

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if it were me I would think of it as more sweet and sentimental. It is quite uplifting for someones family to be able to marry them. I would think it would show more evidence to a legit relationship but that is just me and im no expert, just my opinion.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I've been working on my application since 2010. If anyone have any issues or basic questions they'd like to ask, let me know.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question. How do u submit additional supporting evidence

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wolanila said:

well to send in additional evidence if you are requested to send in more infomation CIC will notify you in a letter requesting such infomation or if they are not convince about your relationship then your file will be transferred to your local office for a chance to submit more evidence if they doubt your relationship.....hope this helps

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
wolanila said:
It is possible to send in additional info without CIC asking for additional info. Just gather what you what to attach and put inside an envelope, address to Vegreville and make sure to attach your client ID, your name, your sponsor's name, your date of birth and all that info inside your envelope.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
hello everyone! i'd like to introduce myself to the topic. i have gathered most of the documents and am sending my application for PR along with extension of study permit tomorrow. the process will be inland (vegreville) under a common- law sponsorship. i'm sending medicals, police certificates as well all the fees including ROPR. wish me luck! :D

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdna said:
hello everyone! i'd like to introduce myself to the topic. i have gathered most of the documents and am sending my application for PR along with extension of study permit tomorrow. the process will be inland (vegreville) under a common- law sponsorship. i'm sending medicals, police certificates as well all the fees including ROPR. wish me luck! :D
i wish you all the best of luck....welcome to the thread.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the replies everyone. I want to send in additional evidence because we didn't have much call logs to submit as it is very difficult for us to retrieve them from china and the calls I made to her from canada for the few months that I was here were from skype and calling cards, and my computer harddrive is now toast. so I want to try and retrieve the call records from when we were both living in China because we did call eachother quite often there.

I have another question. When do you get your client identification number so that I can track the progress of our application?

Mdna Welcome and good luck to you my friend, stay positive!!!!!

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Hi everyone! I have a few questions about sponsoring my soon to be husband:

1) Under form IMM5285 (Spouse/Common Law Questionnaire), for question #5 Are you in a common-law relationship, should I say "No" if we are married and I should answer question#6 instead?

2) Also, since we are not in a common-law relationship, but we are married, do we need to include evidence such as joint bank accounts, joint mortgage statements?

3) If my fiance has lived in Canada since he was 16 years old as an international student, does he need to include a police certificate from the RCMP, or will CIC conduct their own searches

Thank you!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Besunshine said:
Hi everyone! I have a few questions about sponsoring my soon to be husband:

1) Under form IMM5285 (Spouse/Common Law Questionnaire), for question #5 Are you in a common-law relationship, should I say "No" if we are married and I should answer question#6 instead?

2) Also, since we are not in a common-law relationship, but we are married, do we need to include evidence such as joint bank accounts, joint mortgage statements?

3) If my fiance has lived in Canada since he was 16 years old as an international student, does he need to include a police certificate from the RCMP, or will CIC conduct their own searches

Thank you!
1. I would write N/A and continue with question 6 if you are married.

2. You dont have to, but it might help. Even though you are married, you still have to prove that it is a real marriage. Those ties might show it's for real. I dont think you have to provide a year long paper trail though.

3. The rule for police certificates goes as from your 18th birthday if you've lived in a country for more than 3-6 months? I could be wrong on that length of time. Assuming your fiance is the one being sponsored, and he hasnt been anywhere else but Canada, then I dont think he would need to provide anything. CIC will ask if they need anything from him concerning police certificates.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
quick question

I am working on the "Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)" right now.

I am the sponsor, in which I am sponsoring my wife (the principal applicant).

Do I need to fill out a copy of the Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) for myself as well? Since I am the spouse of the principal applicant? Or is it not necessary?

Also, since I am just sponsoring my wife alone (principal applicant), we don't have to add any "dependents" or fill in the additional dependents forms, am I correct or mistaken?

I am planning to finish up everything and mail them in this week :) Joining the "waiting boat" with all of you here...

By the way, do I submit a copy of the police certificate now or wait until 2nd stage?
Do I use the "APPENDIX A" form (for police certificate request) when I goto the police station? Or do I fill that form and submit to CIC to give them authority to run background/police check on my wife (the applicant for PR).?

Thank you
Walter

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
walter8299 said:
quick question

I am working on the "Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)" right now.

I am the sponsor, in which I am sponsoring my wife (the principal applicant).

Do I need to fill out a copy of the Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) for myself as well? Since I am the spouse of the principal applicant? Or is it not necessary?

- you don't have to if you're already a canadian citizen (not sure about permanent residents though)

Also, since I am just sponsoring my wife alone (principal applicant), we don't have to add any "dependents" or fill in the additional dependents forms, am I correct or mistaken?

-yes.

I am planning to finish up everything and mail them in this week :) Joining the "waiting boat" with all of you here...

good luck! :)

By the way, do I submit a copy of the police certificate now or wait until 2nd stage?

- i sent everything at once.

Do I use the "APPENDIX A" form (for police certificate request) when I goto the police station? Or do I fill that form and submit to CIC to give them authority to run background/police check on my wife (the applicant for PR).?

- that form is for your wife to request the certificate(s) if it is required to obtain one. i did not need to use one. you don't have to submit it to CIC.

Thank you
Walter

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
please somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but these is what i got from reading the guide and reading a bit here.