App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Just thought I would pop in and say hi guys as well :)

I have been in here just checking in every now and then, but trying to do something other then think about all of this, as it is going to be a long wait...

Hope you all are doing well :)

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
Good morning Tozo,

Yes, it is quite in here. I guess no one apart from us sent their application in 2012:)

I can see that you sent your application in 2010. My god it is already 16 month. They are taking their time huh?

I'm trying to stay away from the forums as it reminds me that I can not leave the country until I receive my PR and it is annoying!:( How is the waiting game going on your side? :)
Yeah Pearl,well its not easy as many think but i have been strong for the past 16months just waiting for DM now......hope 2010 applicants will be done deal very soon.......its cic is moving very fast and i hope they continue like this because in summer they slow done for vacations....very soon you turn will come...good luck to all of us 8)

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Sent in october 2012 along w police cert
Interview........
we were asked for another police cert sept 2013
Passport Req..
they received new police cert nov 2013
Hi there! I am new to this thread.

My name is Monica, and I am about to send my inland application tomorrow or next week.

About my case: I am mexican, I originally came in June 2011 as a live-in Caregiver for a life experience. Before i moved to Canada, I met some people online for networking, amongst those people I met was my now husband, whom is Canadian. We started dating from the day i came to Canada basically, were and are crazy about each other from day 1, and just got married in January. I am 27 years old, He's 32, we are 100% a normal and real couple.

In november of 2011 i was asking my employer for a reference a new prospect employer in Calgary was requesting me, and my employer made me sign a resignation on the spot. So in a nutshell she fired me. I was living 2 hours from Calgary back then. The bottom line is that in November 2011 i moved together with my boyfriend and we had already talked about getting married anyway. My work situation was obviously very confusing as of how to proceed, since the stupid LIVE-IN requirement was going to make our relationship a long distance one anyway. So i didn't apply for a NEW live-in caregiver permit since we didn't want to live apart from each other and were getting married. and we did this january.

The bottom line is, I still have a valid work permit until june 2013, I am including the CHANGING CONDITIONS, extend stay thing for an OWP upon AIP. We have ALL kinds of evidence of the genuineness of our relationship, TONS OF SKYPE CALLS AND CHAT of almost a year, TONS of text messages, pictures of us together and in our weekend trips, pictures of our honeymoon in Europe. Some pictures of our super small wedding. our families didn't come because we live in Calgary with no family here, my husband's family is in New Brunswick and mine is in Mexico. his closest friend came though. We also sent our lease contract with both our names, his life insurance with me as beneficiary, our health care together and a joint credit card, costco memebership and gym.

I also added a cover letter of 4 pages explaining in SUPER detail our relationship.

My question is, is the fact that our relationship has been shorter than most people's going to make this a suspicious case??? if so what can we do about it?? we added all kinds of evidence.

Is my work situation going to affect that? as in, it's kind of crazy because that would mean live-in caregivers can't get married before their two years are done??? suggest waiting 2 years living apart otherwise?

Anyone have any experience with this or any advice?? I'm thinking of sending the application very soon. Anything i should add?? I didn't add an explanation of how my original employer made me sign a resignation, why she did it bla bla bla, as in, i didn't focus on my work situation but on my relationship on my cover letter?? some immigration consultants (not lawyers though) told me that if they don't ask a particular thing don't say it?

Please feel free to email me or answer here, any thoughts, any people with "special" cases here?? YELP!

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
its been more than 2months since i sent in.....................................

i wonder when they will send me a letter to give me a client number.......................... :'(

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbel said:
its been more than 2months since i sent in.....................................

i wonder when they will send me a letter to give me a client number.......................... :'(
jbel,just relax,you will find out your client ID very soon.give them 1 more month ,usually its takes 2.5-3 months to start processing.

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
moeytja said:
Hi there! I am new to this thread.

My name is Monica, and I am about to send my inland application tomorrow or next week.

About my case: I am mexican, I originally came in June 2011 as a live-in Caregiver for a life experience. Before i moved to Canada, I met some people online for networking, amongst those people I met was my now husband, whom is Canadian. We started dating from the day i came to Canada basically, were and are crazy about each other from day 1, and just got married in January. I am 27 years old, He's 32, we are 100% a normal and real couple.

In november of 2011 i was asking my employer for a reference a new prospect employer in Calgary was requesting me, and my employer made me sign a resignation on the spot. So in a nutshell she fired me. I was living 2 hours from Calgary back then. The bottom line is that in November 2011 i moved together with my boyfriend and we had already talked about getting married anyway. My work situation was obviously very confusing as of how to proceed, since the stupid LIVE-IN requirement was going to make our relationship a long distance one anyway. So i didn't apply for a NEW live-in caregiver permit since we didn't want to live apart from each other and were getting married. and we did this january.

The bottom line is, I still have a valid work permit until june 2013, I am including the CHANGING CONDITIONS, extend stay thing for an OWP upon AIP. We have ALL kinds of evidence of the genuineness of our relationship, TONS OF SKYPE CALLS AND CHAT of almost a year, TONS of text messages, pictures of us together and in our weekend trips, pictures of our honeymoon in Europe. Some pictures of our super small wedding. our families didn't come because we live in Calgary with no family here, my husband's family is in New Brunswick and mine is in Mexico. his closest friend came though. We also sent our lease contract with both our names, his life insurance with me as beneficiary, our health care together and a joint credit card, costco memebership and gym.

I also added a cover letter of 4 pages explaining in SUPER detail our relationship.

My question is, is the fact that our relationship has been shorter than most people's going to make this a suspicious case??? if so what can we do about it?? we added all kinds of evidence.

Is my work situation going to affect that? as in, it's kind of crazy because that would mean live-in caregivers can't get married before their two years are done??? suggest waiting 2 years living apart otherwise?

Anyone have any experience with this or any advice?? I'm thinking of sending the application very soon. Anything i should add?? I didn't add an explanation of how my original employer made me sign a resignation, why she did it bla bla bla, as in, i didn't focus on my work situation but on my relationship on my cover letter?? some immigration consultants (not lawyers though) told me that if they don't ask a particular thing don't say it?

Please feel free to email me or answer here, any thoughts, any people with "special" cases here?? YELP!
Hi moeytja

my situation is similar to yours, i was live in caregiover too, im ecuadorian, i sent my application last week march 13th i will remember that day for long time hehehe, well the difference in my case is that we applyed as common-law i'd been living with my bf for over a year now, and my work permit with the family that fired me is valid until march 2013, i sent too with my app the extension form and just mark option C and on the top of it wrote with big letters OPEN WORK PERMIT, no te preocupes pensando que tu relacion a los ojos de los demas ha sido corta, you have enough evidence and you got married, if his family can give you letters saying they know your relationship is genuine and continuing thats more proof, i attached too (photocopies) cards of anniverasy, valentine's day, birthdays. what we did too, we both wrote a letter for separate talking about the develope of our relationship and feeling for eachother, future and so...

hope i could help, i know how you feel i already sent my app and sometimes i find myself thinking if everything i sent was enough, or if they will send me my app back, but most of the time i try to relax, lo que tenga que pasar pasara!!! good luck

Itsy

Mar 7, 2012
Hello guys,
I am still gathering all the documents, so it will be a while before I send my application. I've lived in Canada since 2005 in three different cities (soon to be 3 cities and a village =)) do I need to get police certificates from all 3 places or is the police certificate Canada wide. Probably a silly question ...
Thanks, Itsy

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Itsy said:
Hello guys,
I am still gathering all the documents, so it will be a while before I send my application. I've lived in Canada since 2005 in three different cities (soon to be 3 cities and a village =)) do I need to get police certificates from all 3 places or is the police certificate Canada wide. Probably a silly question ...
Thanks, Itsy
Hello there,you need not get police certificate from canada but you need a police certificate from where you have live for more than 6 months after you turn 18 years.......with canada cic have a way of checkinh your background here.welcome to the thread Itsy.

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hi moeytja

my situation is similar to yours, i was live in caregiover too, im ecuadorian, i sent my application last week march 13th i will remember that day for long time hehehe, well the difference in my case is that we applyed as common-law i'd been living with my bf for over a year now, and my work permit with the family that fired me is valid until march 2013, i sent too with my app the extension form and just mark option C and on the top of it wrote with big letters OPEN WORK PERMIT, no te preocupes pensando que tu relacion a los ojos de los demas ha sido corta, you have enough evidence and you got married, if his family can give you letters saying they know your relationship is genuine and continuing thats more proof, i attached too (photocopies) cards of anniverasy, valentine's day, birthdays. what we did too, we both wrote a letter for separate talking about the develope of our relationship and feeling for eachother, future and so...

hope i could help, i know how you feel i already sent my app and sometimes i find myself thinking if everything i sent was enough, or if they will send me my app back, but most of the time i try to relax, lo que tenga que pasar pasara!!! good luck
KARITO,
So you sent your application on 2011?? what happened with your application??? did you get approved?? did you have an interview?? WHAT HAPPENED! tell me all! mi email es público, si quieres, puedes mandame un email contandome todo en detalle! te lo agradecería infinitamente.

Lets take it in enlish here so that people in the forum can benefit from this too.

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
lol i thought everyone was welcome in the thread? :p

Anyway, so I sent my application yesterday, March 21st. Let the waiting begin. So I should expect the first thing in a month? a letter with ecase number? should i call to follow up? or what does one do next.

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Sorry guys, I have another question, does EVERY SINGLE PERSON get a police certificate requested??? is every single person asked for medical exams?? or just SOME?

I already sent my application but without medicals or the police certificates, should I start working on those things? or should i wait until the request them?? or closer to that date. ?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moeytja said:
Sorry guys, I have another question, does EVERY SINGLE PERSON get a police certificate requested??? is every single person asked for medical exams?? or just SOME?

I already sent my application but without medicals or the police certificates, should I start working on those things? or should i wait until the request them?? or closer to that date. ?
moeytia, welcome to the thread, well after cic received your application,its will take 2 1/2 - 3months to access the Ecas...you should have done the medicals and attached police certificate from your home country and any other country you have live more than 6 months except canada because cic have a way making a background......well its not too late but go have the medicals done attached the recepits and you police check and send them as soon as you have you client ID.

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Tozo, thank you for replying!

How do i do the medicals??? it's something i never really understood, can i just go to any doctor?? and any clinic?? im in calgary.

I have lived in two countries since i was 18, mexico and argentina. it'll take me a while to get the police records. i should start right...

Will they still process my application while i do this??? thanks!! now im worried :S

hayatz

Mar 23, 2012
Hi Everyone,
My brother sent application to sponsor his wife at this address:

Case Processing Centre Mississuaga
P.O.Box 3000 Station A
Mississauga ON L5A 4N6

After 3 months, when we did not receive anything from immigration so we called in and Canada Immigration claimed that they do not have application. Canada post mailed out and if they did not receive it we do not receive it where is the application. Did we LOST the application with all original documents? Is there anyone who can please help us what to do.
1 suggestion for Case Processing Centre that whenever you recieved any application, please contact the person and tell them that you receved the application.
Thanx

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hayatz said:
Hi Everyone,
My brother sent application to sponsor his wife at this address:

Case Processing Centre Mississuaga
P.O.Box 3000 Station A
Mississauga ON L5A 4N6

After 3 months, when we did not receive anything from immigration so we called in and Canada Immigration claimed that they do not have application. Canada post mailed out and if they did not receive it we do not receive it where is the application. Did we LOST the application with all original documents? Is there anyone who can please help us what to do.
1 suggestion for Case Processing Centre that whenever you recieved any application, please contact the person and tell them that you receved the application.
Thanx
Well ,may I ask whether your application was for in-canada sponsorship or outland sponsorship..did you have a tracking number from canada post?