+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well i thought its wise to start the thread for the inland application for 2012 so as help each other to be able to understand the process.

Please feel free to tell your story, explain what you do during your wait, future plans, etc.

Also post your current timeline so we can have an idea of each other progress.

Best of luck to all inland applicants. Lets stay strong. :-*

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
tozo said:
Well i thought its wise to start the thread for the inland application for 2012 so as help each other to be able to understand the process.

Please feel free to tell your story, explain what you do during your wait, future plans, etc.

Also post your current timeline so we can have an idea of each other progress.

Best of luck to all inland applicants. Lets stay strong. :-*
Nice to see 2012

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys as the year is coming to an end and we are about to start a 2012,i wish you all the best of luck in 2012 inland applications.we are on here to help each other in this immigration process so feel free to post your comment and questions and we will be glad to help you...let stay strong for this long immigration process, :D :D :D :D

yankanuck

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I am sponsoring my American fiancé and we sent our application to Vegreville on the 13th. According to Canada Post it was received on the 17th. Do we receive anything from CIC that they received it or should I just go by Canada Post?

Thanks!

caregirl747

Jan 25, 2012
Hi my husband is the sponsor and I am his spouse from the US. We sent our app in on 1/12/2012 and was recieved on 1/16/2012. Don't know what happens next but waiting. Have checked the cas and no record yet...

Office:Vegreville,AB
App Received:Jan.16,2012
started processing:
AIP :
Decision:?
landing office:?
landing date:?
PR card Arrival:?

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
yankanuck said:
Hi Everyone,

I am sponsoring my American fiancé and we sent our application to Vegreville on the 13th. According to Canada Post it was received on the 17th. Do we receive anything from CIC that they received it or should I just go by Canada Post?

Thanks!
CIC wont send anything to let you know they got it. Just go by Canada Post's tracking.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caregirl747 said:
Hi my husband is the sponsor and I am his spouse from the US. We sent our app in on 1/12/2012 and was recieved on 1/16/2012. Don't know what happens next but waiting. Have checked the cas and no record yet...

Office:Vegreville,AB
App Received:Jan.16,2012
started processing:
AIP :
Decision:?
landing office:?
landing date:?
PR card Arrival:?
Hello caregirl and yankanuck........CIC will not notify you that they have received your application but if you can check from canada post that they received your applications then you have to wait for like 2 1/2 - 3 months to check Ecas of the status of your application and usually its states that application is in process......dont worry to much, the waiting game has just began...stay strong and be positive.....good luck guys ;D ;D ;D

caregirl747

Jan 25, 2012
Thanks so much for the Info.... I pretty much assumed that anyhow although some people say they get notices.... Thanks again and good luck!!!

c_farah

Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
07-10-2013
yankanuck said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
Just missing something here that I'm hoping you can elaborate on. How are you sponsoring if you're not married yet?

Sorry if that's a silly question -I'm new to all of this (and really need to learn sooner than later because I, too, have an American fiancee to sponsor)

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Hi guys ;D

I am the sponsor and my husband is the applicant. We are doing our application inland and mailing it off today. We already have a few applications in the works (received by CIC on Monday the 23rd) for a TRP and a WP...looks like we have only a little over a month for those but the big one is going to be a loooong wait.

Hoping that everything goes well for everyone here and I can't wait to see this group get bigger as it is only January ;D

Question that I'm a little unclear on. I originally thought that within 68 days or whatever the time is now, we'd have responses about the sponsor part but I guess I was wrong. We have to wait 11-12 months for that??? What exactly does that mean? On the processing times it says the initial assessment takes 11-12 so does that mean that we wont find out anything until closer to the end of the year??
We already know the chances of the work permit are slim to none, but we had no choice but to apply for that along with the TRP (we have encountered many speed bumps in our journey) but we're told that after the initial assessment we'd have more luck with the work permit...

Debbie 8)

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
CheshireCats said:
Hi guys ;D

I am the sponsor and my husband is the applicant. We are doing our application inland and mailing it off today. We already have a few applications in the works (received by CIC on Monday the 23rd) for a TRP and a WP...looks like we have only a little over a month for those but the big one is going to be a loooong wait.

Hoping that everything goes well for everyone here and I can't wait to see this group get bigger as it is only January ;D

Question that I'm a little unclear on. I originally thought that within 68 days or whatever the time is now, we'd have responses about the sponsor part but I guess I was wrong. We have to wait 11-12 months for that??? What exactly does that mean? On the processing times it says the initial assessment takes 11-12 so does that mean that we wont find out anything until closer to the end of the year??
We already know the chances of the work permit are slim to none, but we had no choice but to apply for that along with the TRP (we have encountered many speed bumps in our journey) but we're told that after the initial assessment we'd have more luck with the work permit...

Debbie 8)
Hi Debbie,

Yes, you have to wait. The official processing time is 11-12 months now and it changes in both sides. After that you will get AIP and OWP if you applied for.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
What exactly is AIP ? Approved in Principal...and, what exactly does that mean?

And...the OWP, we have like I said earlier just applied for an initial WP but are expecting a denial...when can we apply for the OWP?

Sorry for all the questions, it is just all so confusing! ::)

Our circumstances suck to the max at the moment (self inflicted) and we already have the CBSA on our butts :eek: However, they are helping us out as much as they can and my hubby has to report to them monthly. They're scary folks, but nice ;)

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
CheshireCats said:
What exactly is AIP ? Approved in Principal...and, what exactly does that mean?

And...the OWP, we have like I said earlier just applied for an initial WP but are expecting a denial...when can we apply for the OWP?

Sorry for all the questions, it is just all so confusing! ::)

Our circumstances suck to the max at the moment (self inflicted) and we already have the CBSA on our butts :eek: However, they are helping us out as much as they can and my hubby has to report to them monthly. They're scary folks, but nice ;)
Yeah, AIP is Approval in Principal, you've got it.

I applied for the OWP at same time. Actually, I don't know what is the best time for sending there are a lot of thoughts.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Ok thanks :)

I guess considering we have a lot of waiting to do that we'll just sit back, cross our fingers and be as positive as we can.
My husband is going stir crazy not being able to do anything but I'll keep up with the 'honey-do-lists' and keep his mind off things as much as possible 8) We have someone that wants to offer him a job, and he is going to Service Canada to look into the LMO possibility as well, hopefully we'll have our TRP within the next month and a half!!

The 'Men in Black' are pretty cool dudes, and extremely informative...much more than the reps at the CIC...when we call there we get different answers everytime!

So, happy waiting to everyone :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
c_farah said:
Just missing something here that I'm hoping you can elaborate on. How are you sponsoring if you're not married yet?

Sorry if that's a silly question -I'm new to all of this (and really need to learn sooner than later because I, too, have an American fiancee to sponsor)
You can also sponsor someone if you are common law (i.e. have lived together for a minimum of one full year). You don't have to be married.