Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wolanila said:
You should apply for your card as soon as you arrive in Saskatchewan. Your spouse or partner and all dependents under the age of 18 who live with you in Saskatchewan can be covered. You must apply for a Health Services Card for each person and they must also meet the eligibility requirements. If they are in Canada as visitors or tourists, they may not be eligible for coverage. Please check with Saskatchewan Health Registration ( 1-800-667-7551).

Any thoughts on this computergeek?
Note that it say "they may not be eligible". Too many carefully chosen words here, especially since it says "Your spouse or partner ... who live with you in Saskatchewan can be covered." one paragraph earlier. I'd push pretty hard here, because eventually, there's going to be an actual law under all of this bureaucratic haze and that's really what will determine eligibility.

It's almost as bad as the CIC website.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
i.imran said:
Hey CanEd

I jus called CIC ,the agent said that system shows that ur medical has arrived in CIC Vegrecille but its in the mail room and has not been proceesed and reviewed by Cic officer yet which may take upto 90 days.....

i guess its another waiting phase :)

u may try calling CIC too.
Best of luck.
Hi I.imran,

Thanks for your response, I called CIC today and they said that my meds were not in the system as yet, but that it was nothing to worry about. Like you say - another waiting game! Keep me posted on how your case is coming along!

Thanks,

CanED.

bethfaint

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
Hello All!

I just have a very quick question in regards to sending off the open work permit along with the sponsorship application.

Which box do I tick at the top of the from when I send it off? There are 4 choices and apparently I can choose more than one:A work permit with the same employer, A work permit with a new employer, Restoration of a temporary resident status as a worker and Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.

Which one do I need to choose? I am currently on an IEC Young Person's working holiday Work Permit but am now married to my long term canadian boyfriend and he is sponsoring me through the Inland Spousal Application.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

p.s I havent needed to post anything before because all of my questions have been answered through reading this forum apart from this one about the OWP application!

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Does anyone know if "Open Work Permit (OWP)" and "Off-Campus Work Permit (OCWP)" is the same thing or different?

Anyone heard of EVN (Electronic Verfication Number)?

My wife (applicant) is eligible to apply the work permit online, but it says we need to get an EVN and the work permit we are applying is called OCWP.

We're not sure if we should apply through online or by paper because our experience through online was pretty good when we apply her study permit extension. It took roughly 3-4 weeks only.

However, we're not sure if OCWP and OWP is actually the same thing.

If anyone know or have any idea, could you please share it with us? Thank you very much :)

Your help is very very appreciated :) :) :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bethfaint said:
I just have a very quick question in regards to sending off the open work permit along with the sponsorship application.

Which box do I tick at the top of the from when I send it off? There are 4 choices and apparently I can choose more than one:A work permit with the same employer, A work permit with a new employer, Restoration of a temporary resident status as a worker and Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.

Which one do I need to choose? I am currently on an IEC Young Person's working holiday Work Permit but am now married to my long term canadian boyfriend and he is sponsoring me through the Inland Spousal Application.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

p.s I havent needed to post anything before because all of my questions have been answered through reading this forum apart from this one about the OWP application!
These generic forms confuse people all the time. To be honest, I suspect it doesn't matter which one you check off, but given those choices I'd recommend "new employer" since that has faster processing time. :) The CIC officer will understand, based upon your submitting a copy of the AIP letter, that you are requesting an open work permit. If you need to validate the form and it requires an entry, just put something in and then attach a separate page explaining why you put that answer and what you REALLY want.

Good luck!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
walter8299 said:
Does anyone know if "Open Work Permit (OWP)" and "Off-Campus Work Permit (OCWP)" is the same thing or different?

Anyone heard of EVN (Electronic Verfication Number)?

My wife (applicant) is eligible to apply the work permit online, but it says we need to get an EVN and the work permit we are applying is called OCWP.

We're not sure if we should apply through online or by paper because our experience through online was pretty good when we apply her study permit extension. It took roughly 3-4 weeks only.

However, we're not sure if OCWP and OWP is actually the same thing.

If anyone know or have any idea, could you please share it with us? Thank you very much :)

Your help is very very appreciated :) :) :)
Definitely not the same thing. OCWP is associated with a student visa (and only some colleges and universities qualify for an OCWP).

If you want an open work permit, you can apply online, you just need to fill in the online form and submit a copy of your AIP letter. The folks at CIC are quite good at figuring out what it is you need actually.

Good luck!

bethfaint

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
computergeek said:
These generic forms confuse people all the time. To be honest, I suspect it doesn't matter which one you check off, but given those choices I'd recommend "new employer" since that has faster processing time. :) The CIC officer will understand, based upon your submitting a copy of the AIP letter, that you are requesting an open work permit. If you need to validate the form and it requires an entry, just put something in and then attach a separate page explaining why you put that answer and what you REALLY want.

Good luck!
I can just submit the OWP application at the same time as the sponsoship one correct? I wont have a copy of the AIP letter if i send them off together. I was advised by the call centre agent to send off both applications at the same time.... after this I am all complete with my application, and can finally send it all off to Vegreville! Hooray!

Patience21

Oct 11, 2012
We received AIP yesterday!! :D
Our application was sent in April 2012...
My husband will be landing in the Scarborough office- I'm wondering if we should apply OWP or wait to see if we get a landing date shortly since the processing time for OWP through mail is about 3 months...

Anyone landing in Scarborough or know how long Scarborough office takes to contact?
My application for PR only includes my husband.

Thank-you
This forum is amazing...

KUKULICKA

Oct 10, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th July 2012
Med's Done....
27th June 2012
congrats !!!! ;D

i just don't understand how is possible on the official site they show that they are processing applications received on April 2012 and and there are people who sent their app. on April this year and they already have their AOP?

probably information is not such good updated...?

which it's ok so far there are only good new :D

Patience21

Oct 11, 2012
KUKULICKA said:
congrats !!!! ;D

i just don't understand how is possible on the official site they show that they are processing applications received on April 2012 and and there are people who sent their app. on April this year and they already have their AOP?

probably information is not such good updated...?

which it's ok so far there are only good new :D
Yep... I think they will be processing applications this week for May because my application was received April 27th.
They are moving quickly...

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Computergeek for your reply, your thoughts are always helpful...

An update on my wifes health insurance situation with sask health.

I called sask health today and asked what documents they thought were missing from the application. The lady informed me that I need a letter stating that my wife is a PR. I then informed her that other provinces give PR applicants health coverage who have received first stage approval and that Immigration Canada said we could use the first stage approval letter as proof that she has a PR application in process. I also told her that in other provinces health representatives have made mistakes in thinking that PR applicants with AIP were not eligible for health insurance and asked her to look into it farther. She then told me that they can give heath coverage to PR applicants with an application in process but that my letter didn't state that she has an application in process and all it said is that she is eligible to apply for PR. I then told her that if a PR applicant receives this letter it means that there application is in process. She sounded confused and offered to take it up with her supervisor and call me back with the results. I did not receive a call back today so I called again and they informed me that they have not finished reviewing the letter yet.

The AIP letter I sent in is the one my wife (the PR applicant) received
the lady on the phone was correct in that there was no mention of any application be in process.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wolanila said:
Thank you Computergeek for your reply, your thoughts are always helpful...

An update on my wifes health insurance situation with sask health.

I called sask health today and asked what documents they thought were missing from the application. The lady informed me that I need a letter stating that my wife is a PR. I then informed her that other provinces give PR applicants health coverage who have received first stage approval and that Immigration Canada said we could use the first stage approval letter as proof that she has a PR application in process. I also told her that in other provinces health representatives have made mistakes in thinking that PR applicants with AIP were not eligible for health insurance and asked her to look into it farther. She then told me that they can give heath coverage to PR applicants with an application in process but that my letter didn't state that she has an application in process and all it said is that she is eligible to apply for PR. I then told her that if a PR applicant receives this letter it means that there application is in process. She sounded confused and offered to take it up with her supervisor and call me back with the results. I did not receive a call back today so I called again and they informed me that they have not finished reviewing the letter yet.

The AIP letter I sent in is the one my wife (the PR applicant) received
the lady on the phone was correct in that there was no mention of any application be in process.
The list of documents BC suggests to prove you have an application may be helpful: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

One thing that might help them is a printout of the screen from e-Cas showing the application has been received or is in process - and that shows up on both the sponsor's screen as well as the applicant's screen. You and I both know that the AIP letter says there's an application in process, but they may not understand it. But e-CAS is very clear.

It IS good they said she is eligible with an application in process - now you just have to give them enough evidence to satisfy them. So as far as I'm concerned that's great news. A good reward for those who are willing to fight for what is their due!

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Nobody's reporting from May applications if they got AIP this week...hope to hear from you sooom guys!

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
Maybe the CIC is actually taking a look at the applications that are severely backlogged like the ones from 2010 and 2011 that their efforts should be spent on. At best, they should be at least notifying these people that their applications are still being worked on and that they haven't got lost. I am thrilled that they have sped up their processing but it is unfair that they prolong processes without being the least bit informative. They are wanting people to use their ecas rather than making calls and sending emails but their ecas does not update the people experiencing these long waiting periods. I am not one of these people but I have read enough threads to know how many there are and some of these people have been kind enough to help those of us from 2012 with their experienced knowledge, so please, when you are cheering in the current applications, please cheer on the others as well. I know this is a 2012 forum but I am sure we have all entered the 2010 and 2011 forum at one time or another.

Thanks.

de_to_ca

May 6, 2012
WOW!! CIC is working on applications received on April 23 and the timeline is reduced to 5-6 months. My application was received on May 7. Hoping that in next couple of weeks they will have some good news for me ;D