Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
Im so angry :mad:

Last time I talked to an agent, he told me it said in my file that we would get a decision on Stage 1 August 5. And we have been so nervous and waiting. And now I just talked to an agent to get to know the decision.....and this agent said there is nothing in our file about August 5. WHAT????????

Why did the agent just make up the August 5 decision? I did not misunderstand him.....coz I asked 3 times, just to make sure I didn't. But he was crystal clear. He clearly said that it said so in our file.....and that I could came back after that date, to get the news of the decision they made. And now they say its not stated anywhere in our file about anything regarding Aug 5. I don't get it. Why play these games with us? It's hard enough as it is :'(
Sorry to hear about your situation. I personally don't put a lot of faith in what the agents says nowadays. For one, if an agent tells me that they are suppose to have a decision on Aug 5th, I would have quite a doubt about it on account that august 5th is a provincal holiday in Canada, goes by different names across canada. "Heritage day" in Alberta.

Although I have been surprised by some who have gotten emails notifications on a sunday or landing on a saturday. My wife has gotten an AIP on a Sunday though I was surprised by that. 3 people have landed on a Saturday at scarborough office.

But it is unfair to get joy of word of a date only to get it taken away after the fact. It is cruel to say the least.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
gjfst said:
Hi everyone
My PR card arrived July 23rd
Congrats on getting your PR card. Timing did fall in the 69 days for you. Gives me hope that ours will fall in the same timeline.

Although the November trip would be 4.5 months away after landing date, my wife may likely to be safe to travel outside Canada, it does make me nervous that some have not gotten their PR card yet and it been 3 months for some.

Screech339

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
screech339 said:
Sorry to hear about your situation. I personally don't put a lot of faith in what the agents says nowadays. For one, if an agent tells me that they are suppose to have a decision on Aug 5th, I would have quite a doubt about it on account that august 5th is a provincal holiday in Canada, goes by different names across canada. "Heritage day" in Alberta.

Although I have been surprised by some who have gotten emails notifications on a sunday or landing on a saturday. My wife has gotten an AIP on a Sunday though I was surprised by that. 3 people have landed on a Saturday at scarborough office.

But it is unfair to get joy of word of a date only to get it taken away after the fact. It is cruel to say the least.

Screech339
Well....I will not believe them next time....that's for sure. :( I called a friend, who was here last time when I talked to the agent.....and she heard our conversation.....and yes....he was crystal clear that it said so in our file and he said it stated that the decision would be made Aug 5, 3 times during our conversation. Why would anyone want to make that up? Because this agent checked twice, but Aug 5 wasn't even mentioned in our file. Ad why are they taking so long with our file? We have been waiting over 6 months times 2....just for an AIP (stage 1). I know we got delayed do to that document request.....but isn't this over the top long time waiting? Makes me nervous :'(

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
DaleandMonica said:
Im so angry :mad:

Last time I talked to an agent, he told me it said in my file that we would get a decision on Stage 1 August 5. And we have been so nervous and waiting. And now I just talked to an agent to get to know the decision.....and this agent said there is nothing in our file about August 5. WHAT????????

Why did the agent just make up the August 5 decision? I did not misunderstand him.....coz I asked 3 times, just to make sure I didn't. But he was crystal clear. He clearly said that it said so in our file.....and that I could came back after that date, to get the news of the decision they made. And now they say its not stated anywhere in our file about anything regarding Aug 5. I don't get it. Why play these games with us? It's hard enough as it is :'(
Sorry to hear that my friend. I must say, however,that I knew the agent was damn lying. I know that officers write fhe broughtforward date on files notes but nothing to say when they'll necessary make a decision.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
Well....I will not believe them next time....that's for sure. :( I called a friend, who was here last time when I talked to the agent.....and she heard our conversation.....and yes....he was crystal clear that it said so in our file and he said it stated that the decision would be made Aug 5, 3 times during our conversation. Why would anyone want to make that up? Because this agent checked twice, but Aug 5 wasn't even mentioned in our file. Ad why are they taking so long with our file? We have been waiting over 6 months times 2....just for an AIP (stage 1). I know we got delayed do to that document request.....but isn't this over the top long time waiting? Makes me nervous :'(
If I were you, I would call back again today or even tomorrow and hopefully get a different agent and maybe, just maybe, you may get a different answer. The agents on calls are probably not well trained in reading/accessing information on their computer system. If an agent says a specific date, it got to be on the system somewhere and the agent who told you different today may not have accessed the same info in the system. Not trying to defend the agents, Just saying sometimes you will get a different response with a different agent.

Screech339

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
screech339 said:
If I were you, I would call back again today or even tomorrow and hopefully get a different agent and maybe, just maybe, you may get a different answer. The agents on calls are probably not well trained in reading/accessing information on their computer system. If an agent says a specific date, it got to be on the system somewhere and the agent who told you different today may not have accessed the same info in the system. Not trying to defend the agents, Just saying sometimes you will get a different response with a different agent.

Screech339
I will do so. Thank you my friend :) I am going to ask if there will be ay delays if we send in some more info too. Dale got a job with higher pay about 6 months ago. It feels like that would could be a little plus. I don't know if that would make a difference in their eyes.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
I will do so. Thank you my friend :) I am going to ask if there will be ay delays if we send in some more info too. Dale got a job with higher pay about 6 months ago. It feels like that would could be a little plus. I don't know if that would make a difference in their eyes.
Don't think it would matter since income is suppose to be irrelevant since sponsor is Canadian and this is a spousal sponsorship. As long as he got a job regardless of income, he qualifies. If he didn't have a job, then they would question how he is supporting you.

Screech339

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
@ DaleandMonica,

I feel sooooo sorry that you have not yet gotten AIP after you filed your app. on June, 2012.
It's over 1 year and I am confused why it took so long for CIC not to issue you a AIP.....
It's totally not fair !!!

I could sense how you felt bad and I truly hope you get your AIP A.S.A.P......

DaleandMonica said:

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
hi guys , i haven't posted anything for a while , i've been kind of busy lately , i landed May 27th and i'm still waiting for PR card , i called CIC and i've been told that in Sydney they are 2 weeks late .I don't know what to think , i went over the 69 days delay.
We are all experiencing the same problem.

AniWinnipeg

Jan 29, 2013
Hi hi

Just a quick question. Has anyone been told not to leave Canada after their landing interview while waiting for your PR Card. I don't really understand why you wouldn't be allowed to leave Canada if you have a valid Visa (OWP) which allows you to leave and re-enter Canada.

Thanks a lot.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
screech339 said:
Don't think it would matter since income is suppose to be irrelevant since sponsor is Canadian and this is a spousal sponsorship. As long as he got a job regardless of income, he qualifies. If he didn't have a job, then they would question how he is supporting you.

Screech339
I talked to them again. This is what he told me.

All you can do is wait. You don't have to send in anything extra. But you can if you want to. But they don't need anything to make their decision. Your requested document landed on their desk in the beginning of Feb. And that request is what made the decision delayed.

I said. But it makes us nervous that its been so long now.

Everything is looking good. They will come to your application soon. So just try to relax.....was his advise.

Back to waiting I guess

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
AniWinnipeg said:
Hi hi

Just a quick question. Has anyone been told not to leave Canada after their landing interview while waiting for your PR Card. I don't really understand why you wouldn't be allowed to leave Canada if you have a valid Visa (OWP) which allows you to leave and re-enter Canada.

Thanks a lot.
When you land, your OWP is no longer valid anymore. You can still leave Canada so long as you come back in your own private car.

Commerical transportation like train/buses/planes will not accept COPR as id and will only accept PR card to allow you back into Canada. This is to avoid a heavy fine from Canada if they get caught letting a person without proper docs to Canada.

Screech339

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
jiggyzealous said:
Sorry to hear that my friend. I must say, however,that I knew the agent was damn lying. I know that officers write fhe broughtforward date on files notes but nothing to say when they'll necessary make a decision.
Yes he was for sure. :mad: And what a stupid and mean lye. :mad:

Thank you dear. My biggest hug to you

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
tyl92 said:
hi guys , i haven't posted anything for a while , i've been kind of busy lately , i landed May 27th and i'm still waiting for PR card , i called CIC and i've been told that in Sydney they are 2 weeks late .I don't know what to think , i went over the 69 days delay.
We are all experiencing the same problem.
Congrats on landing. I know some people don't have the time to go on this forum for updates. I appreciate you coming back with updates on your status however belated it is.

Good to know that they "say" that the halifax is 2 weeks late in getting the PR cards done. That would supposely push the 69 days to a more realistic days of around 83 days.

Screech339