AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Screech....nice job. I can open both just fine. Thank you for the great job.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@screech
good job starting out. I wish though you could do some adjustments so that we are able to zoom in ans out like we were able to do on Rusty's own. When viewing it on my phone it can hardly be seen

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
yadi said:
Hi there,
Congrats to those who got DM finally.
I am on the spreadsheet and now waiting for DM after AIP received on 10 Feb 2013, my application was started in Nov 2012.
Many people behind me start getting DM since April 2013....so what i can do is waiting waiting waiting.

I have a question seeking for any insights:
At the time of AIP, CIC office requested for update Medical Check and Police Background check before final decision can be made.
I have done the medical check in Canada. However, I have to go back to my home country to apply for police clearance report....however, I didn't go back to Canada after that..i am in my home country now with my hubby (he is the one to sponsor me, he is PR and he is employed by a Canadian company and now working in our home country).
I am worry if the office will know my absence in Canada and reject my application?
Thanks in advance
As far as i know, if your application is an inland one, you should stay in the country.. (i did make 2 short trips back to my home country, one before i got AIP, and one after I got AIP + OWP) for the previous one, when i entered canada (i am from visa-exemption country), i was questioned by the custom officer, she warned me that i should not leave Canada while my application is in process, but she let me in finally.

I talked to an immigration lawyer before, he said once CIC discovered you are not staying in Canada (for a period of time), they can and they may terminate your application!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ screech
good job starting out. I wish though you could do some adjustments so that we are able to zoom in ans out like we were able to do on Rusty's own. When viewing it on my phone it can hardly be seen
Thanks Jiggy.

It is a work in progress at the moment. Rusty was using Google Sheet on his link. Whereas I am using Excel and PDF. However I tried to convert Excel to Google Sheet and it worked. But when I pressed Share and copy and paste the URL link to my profile. I wasn't able to open the Google Sheet. Gave me "invalid Google Spreadsheet URL" when I clicked on link. Like I said it is a work in progress. Hopefully I get this Google Sheet feature working properly.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
yadi said:
Hi there,
Congrats to those who got DM finally.
I am on the spreadsheet and now waiting for DM after AIP received on 10 Feb 2013, my application was started in Nov 2012.
Many people behind me start getting DM since April 2013....so what i can do is waiting waiting waiting.

I have a question seeking for any insights:
At the time of AIP, CIC office requested for update Medical Check and Police Background check before final decision can be made.
I have done the medical check in Canada. However, I have to go back to my home country to apply for police clearance report....however, I didn't go back to Canada after that..i am in my home country now with my hubby (he is the one to sponsor me, he is PR and he is employed by a Canadian company and now working in our home country).
I am worry if the office will know my absence in Canada and reject my application?
Thanks in advance
Hi yadi,

You are in a bind at the moment. For one, since your hubby is also PR, he is required to stay in Canada during the entire inland sponsorship process. Since he is now outside Canada, despite working for a Canadian company, he violated the rules of Inland Sponsorship for PR sponsors.

The second issue is that since your hubby applied for Inland Sponsorship, you are also expected to stay in Canada during the whole process as well. As for police check they are only valid for 3 months. So as long as you submitted the police check with application within 3 months, it does not matter how long the police check is good for after the fact. The reason being is that you are expected to stay in Canada the whole time. Since you are back in your home country, you basically invalided the police check since they can no longer confirm any police record from the time you left Canada to the time you are presently in your own home country.

Since your PR hubby also violated the rules of Inland Sponsorship, I think it may be best that he withdraw the application so that he can get the sponsorship fee back and resubmit sponsorship application outside Canada. If CIC discovered your absence from Canada, they will assume you no longer want to immigrate to Canada. They may not allow you back into Canada despite re-applying for sponsorship outside Canada. I think it is best that you withdraw your application before they discover your absense. This way you can resubmit your sponsorhip outside Canada without any issues.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ichbinella said:
I talked to an immigration lawyer before, he said once CIC discovered you are not staying in Canada (for a period of time), they can and they may terminate your application!!
It is a legal requirement that you be living in Canada with your spouse, which is why they do not like it when you leave. Vacations are technically permitted, but if the applicant is refused re-entry at the border then they aren't living with the sponsor in Canada and are not eligible.

fsvancim

Oct 30, 2012
Hi guys
So I applied on April 16 2012 and in October I got my OWP and last month I got a letter saying they made a decision and they will send a letter with the day I have to go to the immigration office.
Last week I got the date to go to the immigration office on Scarborough Centre. My date is next week.
What is the chances they don't approve my processes?
On my letter they are saying it is a interview and I have to bring some documents.
I'm really nervous. Lol
Thank you

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
fsvancim said:
Hi guys
So I applied on April 16 2012 and in October I got my OWP and last month I got a letter saying they made a decision and they will send a letter with the day I have to go to the immigration office.
Last week I got the date to go to the immigration office on Scarborough Centre. My date is next week.
On my letter they are saying it is a interview and I have to bring some documents.
I'm really nervous. Lol
Thank you
You have nothing to worry about. We had one that just landed at Scarborough and said there was nothing to be concerned about. The chance of getting rejected at landing date/interview is very rare. So congrats on getting your DM and landing next week.

If you can provide your timeline, country, where you are now. I can add you to the timesheet

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ screech
Hey jiggy

I think I managed to get the links set up correctly. I still have 3 links shown. Due to limited space I couldn't type PDF, Excel, Google before the links to separate the differences. You should be able to open the 3rd link with google sheet in it to open it on your phone for viewing.

Let me know how it worked out for you

Screech339

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@screech

Congratulations!! It's working now. I just glimpsed it n it's looking very well :eek: :D. Thanks for taking up this awesome responsibility

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
fsvancim said:
Hi guys
I'm really nervous. Lol
Thank you
Things that would lead to a rejection at the landing interview:

(1) You are no longer living with your sponsor. Since that is a statutory requirement, if this is the case the visa officer is legally obligated to refuse to allow you to land;
(2) If you have undeclared family members (e.g., a child born outside Canada to you since you filed your application). In this case, if you admit same to the visa officer, they will not grant you permanent resident status because the child must be examined (even if not landing). Any immediate family member (child or eligible grandchild) not declared at the time you become a permanent resident is excluded from the family class as a matter of law.
(3) If you have been charged with a criminal offence (specifically those that have not previously been declared and reviewed by CIC). If that is the case and you sign the COPR, you have committed misrepresentation and that can lead to revocation of your permanent residency. If you declare such an offence, then the visa officer will not permit you to land as the new criminality issue must be examined by CIC before you can become a permanent resident.
(4) You have not paid the RPRF. This isn't a rejection, you just cannot land unless you have paid it.
(5) You cannot present your passport (or travel document). It is a statutory requirement that you have your passport or a travel document at the time of landing.

That's the entire list as far as I know.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
computergeek said:
Things that would lead to a rejection at the landing interview:

(1) You are no longer living with your sponsor. Since that is a statutory requirement, if this is the case the visa officer is legally obligated to refuse to allow you to land;
(2) If you have undeclared family members (e.g., a child born outside Canada to you since you filed your application). In this case, if you admit same to the visa officer, they will not grant you permanent resident status because the child must be examined (even if not landing). Any immediate family member (child or eligible grandchild) not declared at the time you become a permanent resident is excluded from the family class as a matter of law.
(3) If you have been charged with a criminal offence (specifically those that have not previously been declared and reviewed by CIC). If that is the case and you sign the COPR, you have committed misrepresentation and that can lead to revocation of your permanent residency. If you declare such an offence, then the visa officer will not permit you to land as the new criminality issue must be examined by CIC before you can become a permanent resident.
(4) You have not paid the RPRF. This isn't a rejection, you just cannot land unless you have paid it.
(5) You cannot present your passport (or travel document). It is a statutory requirement that you have your passport or a travel document at the time of landing.

That's the entire list as far as I know.
Computergeek

While they are grounds for rejection at landing interview, not all of them will mean rejection. For example: if you have not paid your right of landing fee or your spouse is not with you at time of interview. They will simply not process the papers and re-schedule a later appointment. I'm sure they will want to give you a second chance in getting the PR paper done correctly before actually rejecting the whole sponsorship.

Screech339

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
screech339 said:
Everyone,

I updated the timesheets both pdf and excel. The info are the same except some improvements. You should be able to see the headings on top of each page if I did it correctly. When I click on the link below, I was able to see the headings on each page. Make it easier to know what columns are for on each page.

@ nicjohn

I freezed a column so that when you scroll down, the heading stay in view in excel. I can only choose horizontal freeze or a vertical freeze but not both. Let me know if this is acceptable for you.

I try to be accommodating as much as possible with excel and pdf. I still haven't figure out how to show all the columns in the google doc viewing side. The landing and PR columns are missing from the viewer. However if you really want to view all the headings in excel, you have to download the actual excel file. Otherwise you can view it all on PDF link. I think the google doc online viewer has a limitation or it is only a preview window. It doesn't show the whole expanded sheet. I think google doc online service is meant for people to download the excel file to view it all in full. The PDF format seem to solve this problem.

Screech339

Thanks screech. The horizontal freeze is great. Makes it easier to see what each column is about..
Job well done!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
NicJohn said:
Thanks screech. The horizontal freeze is great. Makes it easier to see what each column is about..
Job well done!!
@nicjohn

Thanks. And you're welcome.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
While they are grounds for rejection at landing interview, not all of them will mean rejection. For example: if you have not paid your right of landing fee or your spouse is not with you at time of interview. They will simply not process the papers and re-schedule a later appointment. I'm sure they will want to give you a second chance in getting the PR paper done correctly before actually rejecting the whole sponsorship.
Which is why I said "This isn't a rejection, you just cannot land unless you have paid it."

Indeed only (1) leads to a permanent rejection. The others require that you take some sort of corrective action - e.g., that your file isn't REALLY ready. For someone who experiences such things it would seem like rejection, but these are all very rare.

Real rejections come long before the landing interview.